Register now to get rid of these ads!

Good day went to A@@ fast !!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by temper_mental, Feb 21, 2009.

1. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I felt like I was ten again and I just dented my fathers car and I could not undo the shit I was in. So to start the story I woke up this morning and my family and I jumped into the truck and went to pick up a parts car 49 50 merk that another HAMBer gave to me :)...

After brunch we went home I decided to go get my hair cut and try out the coupe over driven with race fuel. I got a trim and on the way back I decided to goose the car a little and the shit came down on me. First gear was strong, second hit and the car started to water bed and I was headed for the curb. Hit the curb on the front drivers side, the frame clipped the parking lot retaining wall, spun me around 180 and put me back in the road. The worst part is we were going to shoot the car for a possible magazine layout in forty five minutes.

I made call to my wife to come get me. Then called Bobby to cancel the shoot. The car body belonged to my late friend who lost his life in Iraq I was so sickened I had done something so stupid to the car.

When we got the car back to clean it out there were clovers all in it from the dirt that was thrown up. Now I am trashing for the Thaw. Everything will be worked out and I am glad no one was hurt. Lot more to the story but it makes me feel sick writing it. And I do not want my wife to start chewing my ass again.

Attached Files:

2. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Fuck ....dude!

Checking in on the hamb to try to fix my own shitty day and to see this ,just makes my stomach worst.............

Sorry dude.............

3. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

aye, hell...... some things ya just can't beat yourself up enough over.

So what is the total damage report?

4. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

One more picture
    I also had to buy two new wheels because they discontinued this style:mad::mad::mad:...

Attached Files:

5. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

Well, that sucks, but at least you didn't clip the telephone pole and kill yourself. Doesn't look too bad all in all.

6. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

glad your OK ! parts are cheap , sorry to here about your friend
    hope you make it to the thaw

7. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Granted, it sucks that it happened, BUT it could have been a whole hell of lot worse than what appears to be a couple of wheels and tires.

8. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

Street .

Race track .

two different places.

two different driving methods.

Mix any of the two and take the consequences.

I can't help but wonder if the engineering of the car is at fault . An application of power shouldn't cause any car to go off line.

9. R.Allan

R.Allan
    BANNED
    from Ca

ya man glad you are okay

10. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

11. Mopar34

Mopar34

Good thing about this is that you lived through it so you can repair the damage and move on a little bit wiser.:cool:

Sorry you had to go thru it though.

12. 42hotrod

42hotrod
    from S.E. Idaho

Check with some local wheel shops if you are attached to those wheels, many places can repair them or they may know who can do it. Especially that top one, i really like the style. It may not even be all that expensive to repair it.
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. As far as I'm concerned, shit happens, I can tell you that my pickup is really short wheelbased and it catches me off guard once in awhile and gets mighty squirelly.

I'll bet if all these guys are honest with themselves EVERYONE flogs the car once in awhile on the street, I know I do. there is a HUGE difference between getting on it once in awhile and street racing. Don't mix the two. I'm not talking about a 100 MPH blast, Just a quick gear or two. I built my truck to go fast and that model A looks pretty quick too.

Enjoy the car I hope its back on the roads soon!!

13. Agricultural excursion
    don't sweat it
    Happens to all us world class drivers

Be happy you're not with Bobby....yet

14. Find any 4 leafers in the bunch?? Just kiddin, don't look to bad, just check the frame and axles over good and make sure their is no hidden damage.

15. pecker head

pecker head

Dang Larry becareful guy !

16. Glad you're ok. See you at the THAW.

17. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Look at it this way...you have a story to tell for years
    It's just parts.No biggie.I once was delivering a car I had
    sold and took it down a gravel road for one last beat.
    There was a sharp left corner and I threw the car into a
    stock car slide,cranked the wheel and stabbed the gas.
    Tires didnt bite and I slid into the ditch hitting a series of
    fence posts flattening the entire right side of the car.
    Limped the car over to the buyers house and naturally
    the buyer looked at it and declined the purchase.
    Oh yeah...the car was a '66 Chevelle SS 396 4-speed
    Feel better reading my tale of woe? Hope so.That happened
    30 years ago and I laugh about it now.Fix it and drive it.

18. HOT ROD DAVE

HOT ROD DAVE

that sucks, good luck on the fix and get her back on the road soon

19. Dirty2

Dirty2

Glad your ok . Now for the thrash for the thaw !!!

20. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Larry, glad you're OK. The car can of course be fixed. I've had a few close calls myself when applying a little too much throttle in a Model A...you gotta find the limits every now and then. :)

Also, Chris Ito had a pair of those front wheels for sale at the Decatur swap meet yesterday. You might want to check with him to see if he still has them....he's on here, just do a search for Chris Ito and you should find him.

21. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Dam glad your OK. Get that sucker fixed, the Thaw is in 6 days. And as was said there are people that might be able to fix those rims for you. I will try an get a # for you if intrested.

Robert

22. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Thanks for the info about the wheels .I made it home and started making calls. Team III makes the wheel but the two piece design was discontinued .I will have this wheel fixed but I went ahead and ordered new ones took a big hit on shipping. Had some money set aside for a new project now it will have to wait. This was a very stupid thing I did but I am Lucy I get to live and learn. Thanks for all the kind words.

23. Rusty

Rusty

Dude,

That sucks, reminds me of the time I had a mustang when i was 15. My buddy that was then 18 was riding with me and I decided to drop the clutch coming out of a roll from a stop sign hammered it hard, woked everyone up as I was doing a 180 up the backside of the curb, Hell even woke me up

Glad you and the car are ok. Those pulleys must have done the trick

See you saturday bud

Rusty

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Here in Michigan we have pothole the size of swimming pools, especially this exact time of year. I've damaged rims way worse then what your showing in the photo and had them fixed for a fraction of the cost of replacement. The only time they weren't able to fix them is when they've been made out of AL and had an extreme offset like my newer Vette ones. Good luck.

25. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

The wheel will fix .The problem is it would take a few weeks I am trying to make the drag races next week .I bit the bullet and bought two new ones .I will have a set for sale soon:)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  26. blackout

blackout

That's a drag, your car is damaged, good that your are OK. I cant stop racing my cars, I'm 55, I cant drive my cars without racing around in them, its just part of it.

27. Irrational Metalworks

Irrational Metalworks
    Alliance Vendor
    from DFW

Glad you are alright! Cars are only metal. Thats what they make tools for!
    I have seen that Merc somewhere before.

28. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Glad your are ok. You cleaned clover out of stuff.I would be cleaning seat covers myself. Sorry to hear about your friend .

29. noodle9000

noodle9000

Glad you're okay. As a friend told me once, "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment." So, that's what I tell myself every time I do something stupid. ;)

30. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

be thankful your telling us what happened instead of telling your friend that died in Iraq that you drove his car up see him;)