Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hotrods on Harley Davidson comercial!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad Bob, Feb 21, 2009.

1. So,i'm watching the UFC fights and this Harley Davidson comercial comes on. It's a guy riding a new bike that's Bobber style. As he's riding around,he rides by two Hotrods that look like they are racing. Not on very long,but the style was really cool!!!
    Anybody else see this comercial,or no who's cars they are????

2. 51 mercules

51 mercules

Bob.I saw the same commericial last night watching the UFC.I wish they shown the hot rods a little longer.Cool commercial.I also wonder who's hot rods those are?

3. pompadour

pompadour

i want to see it

4. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

wait wait wait....a "NEW" bike that is bobber style!!! WTF!!! leave it to harley to charge gobs of money for a stripped down bike hahahahaha

5. Whenever I see mention of Harley Davidsons, I remember a girl I was in college with at Jacksonville AL in the early '70s. Her name was Harley, and she married a Davidson. Seriously.

6. A guy I know named his daughter Harley!
    The bike looked like a Sporty with bobbed rear fender and tailights on the sides. Hard to make anything out in the comercial. The Hotrod was channeled with a single hoop rollbar. You see it for about 1 1/2 sec's.

7. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

8. 64travelette

64travelette

I couldn't have said it better myself...:D

9. old-hermit

old-hermit
    from SC

I wore tennis shoes on my Harley ONE time. Still have the scars to prove it.

10. Truckedup

Truckedup

Maybe is comes with old school oil leaks and increased vibration so it really appears more like an old Iron head 883.
    I read Harley has or is going to shut down some production due to poor sales.

11. I havent seen this advert, but my dads got a really cool harley bobber. Look in my albums to see it.
    Hope ya like it!

12. $7899 for a new bike with a respectable resale value and great reliability. Thats not bad. Not as good as $3900 was in 84, but it ain't 84 either. Its "look" does resemble my '76 XLCH stripped to the minimum. Except for muflers and a speedo. I don't have to be as socially responsible as the suits do.

13. Spike!

Spike!

Did they make an iron head 883? Thought that was an Evo size...

Spike
    PS- whose cars are they???

14. That's Yaniv from Powerplant Choppers...

15. punkabilly1306

punkabilly1306
    from ohio

pretty cool of a commercial none the less

16. skwurl

skwurl

Ironheads were mostly 900 and 1000's . There were the 750 dirt trackers.

17. Horsepower67

Horsepower67

Great looking bike, but I'm pretty sure it's basically a Nightster with a smaller engine.
    If I were going to buy a new one, it would defintely be the Night Train

18. Hardware

Hardware
    from West Coast

A local guy I know has one. I actually saw his bike before the commercial came out and I really like it. Really subtle, classic style and fairly affordable. I would ride one no problem.

What I think is funny though is Harley trying to repackage our culture and sell it back to us. They probably have secret opperatives on the Jockey Journal and HAMB doing recon on what the "kids" are into these days. The guy on the commercial is wearing a flannel "Pendleton" shirt, 3/4 helmet, and lo-top Vans (with the white stripe of course).

I can picture how the meeting at Harley went:

Sales Department: Our numbers look bad fellas, apparently the skulls on everything, matching Harley chaps and vest, doorag, tuff guy biker on a bloated "Hog" fad has run it's course.

Marketing Dept: We've noticed a trend in the younger generation of riders who prefer a more stripped down minimalist approach popular in the 1950's-60's. It appears to be somehow affiliated with "Rat Rods".

Sales Dept: How the hell are we supposed to sell accessories to minimalists?

Marketing Dept: We don't know, but we'll get right on it.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  19. ct

ct
    from minnesota

If you think their not watching, you might be wrong.

20. Just noticed the plaque on the back of one of the Hotrods says Millers SCTA,and the plate is california...

21. gassman57

gassman57

That's funny!! My mom graduated with a girl named Iona Hogg...no lie North High Columbus, Ohio 1944

22. Of course they're watching. My employer even watshes its emplyees internet action by tracking what computers that have logged onto the employee site for tax, and benifit maintainance and pay records. They then watch to see if you give away secrets as to how to run a large corperation into the ground. They have people who watch trends through sites like this. There were even folks who were triing to convince marketing that matte finish paints could be sold at the low end to save $$$. That was 10 years ago. They said it was popular in enthusiast culture! They pointed to the acceptance of primer look cars. Never heard talk of white walls and red rims, but you can bet it was discussed in some office.
    Matte finish facias actually made production but looked awkward with shiney body paint. There were also a few issues with reliably matching the gloss levels between batches of clear.

23. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

in my honest opinion. willie g davidson has really bad styling tastes, and it gets worse year by year..

24. First Ironhead 883 sportster was 1957, we called it 55 inches, Harley called it a 900.

25. Go gotta be kidding.........................

26. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

The machine/workshop scenes were done at SHINYA's "CHABOTT ENGINEERING" shop
    (zero-engineering chopper guy)
    Next to Schraders.

Actually some of us were told about that commercial to send pics in,
    but looks like they wanted the super-low "ole skool rodz" look.
    TP

27. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

meaning modern bikes..

28. Big Tony

Big Tony

When I asked my girl to marry me she said she want her youth minister to marry us and his name was Harley Lloyd Davidson and I named my first Harley DeAnn M. and second Hailey Denise M so they both have HDM fr intials

29. Brewton

Brewton

That's a sweet commercial!