Register now to get rid of these ads!

I call it the Pat Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeeVee, Feb 20, 2009.

1. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

I dig it too but if that beer keg looking thing is your gas tank you can do better than that
    Pls it just takes alot away from a cool rod IMO

2. Yup, rear wheels/tires to match the fronts and you'll be set. Keep us updated.

3. BBYBMR

BBYBMR

I like it. What's the engine?

4. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

same here!! looks great!!

5. PeeVee

PeeVee

Yes i think people are in a good mood. I have seen some of these post go bad. Maybe after I list the specs on the engine people will not be so nice Ha Ha But I am building what I can aford. And doing all the work my self and teaching my buddy a little. Any way here it is. 305 sbc 8.8 true trac Rear end 3.73 gears 67 checy c10 truck arms, th350, Canneled 7inch, Choped 4 1/2, Bed is 40 inches long, stock 112 inch wheelbase just moved forward not sure have much. And Yes first I am going to body work and paint the frame shiny black Candy green the split wish bones and axel. Then I am going to paint the dash and door panels candy green panel paint style (Gambino custums style) Hope it turns out half as good, mad props to alex and his crew. The body will be last probally not this summer I want to drive it for a summer. Front Tires are very old so I need to replace them 2. A photo shop would be cool with candy green steelies and white walls or aluminum slots with black walls not sure. Any way here are a few build pics.

Attached Files:

6. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

The proportion's are perfect.I think a longer bed and wheelbase would ruin it. Gregg

7. leadsled deluxe

leadsled deluxe

cool truck i dig it

8. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Same wheel's on back new wide white's - Make it all safe - don't paint nothing.
    Then drive it and find out the ride turn stop view - you already shown you have the eye ball and the no how to build!!!! Then go the shinny Hiney look! Thank you for sharing

9. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

really guys?

huh, thought this was on the hamb

10. ct

ct
    from minnesota

Work with what you have and build it the way you want. Your thoughts and ideas of the project may have changed, but I agree drive it and enjoy it.

11. shave out the white in the rear tires to get the whitewall..throw steelies or some such"older" style wheel on it..ww with a tread pattern of a truck!!!!cheap, easy and not the same old same old.............

12. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I see one glaring defect...... I'm too tall for it. :p "IF" I could fit in a truck like that and built one I'd probably tuck the exhaust underneath and fill in the lower hood sides but that's me. It's still damn cool like it is. :cool:

13. fitzee

fitzee

I enjoy builds like this. To me rigs like this are build the way 75% of hot rods were build back in the 50`s. Build with what you can get for little or nothing.Nice truck.

14. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

if the title to this thread was "what do you think of my rat rod" would everybody be diggin this truck the same way??? i still would!!!

15. PeeVee

PeeVee

Thanks for kind words. This is the practice hot rod. The next one will basicly period correct 50 s . Washington blue or black shiny with a flatty.

Attached Files:

• 097.jpg
      097.jpg
      File size:
      117.5 KB
      Views:
  16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Either you weren't there or someone has been feeding you some loco weed. Check the publications from the 50's and you won't find anything that looks like that this truck.

Frank

17. woodbox

woodbox

Truck looks great. I agree that you should work with what you can and have some fun doing it......Oh and I love the kid helping dad.....just like mine with their odd shoes and on the wrong feet! ha LMAO!

18. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

Thats just scrap.....call me and I'll come take it off your hands.

wish I had stuff like that chilling in the corner of the shop.

19. PeeVee

PeeVee

Yes she is my little helper can't wait to build a hot rod or custom for her. Maybe a 51 chevy ? If we start it when she is 5 or 6 mybe it will be done for High school.

Attached Files:

• 095.jpg
      095.jpg
      File size:
      115.7 KB
      Views:
  20. fitzee

fitzee

Wasn`t there(I`m a Young wipper snapper) and don`t smoke dope!!lol Publication back then were much the same as today.You only seen the car that for the time were high dollor and high tech for the times. There were many guys build low buck car from little or nothing back then.

21. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

22. solid

solid

I like it. The hood and sides look good.

23. fordtech1412

fordtech1412
    from Idaho

your the man pat

24. Flat Roy

Flat Roy

Here's where I get slammed, but that thing looks so good I think you should go a little further give it a little class. Paint etc. Not to fancy but just KOOL.

25. Concrete B

Concrete B

An ugly rod on the road is more fun than a pretty one on a trailer. Enjoy the ride. Paint it later. I'm gonna go search my uncles farm for something like this.

26. pauliesocial

pauliesocial

nice build keep up the good look on it man... she looks sick

27. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

I like your build - I was around in the 50's and yes there were builds like your's.
    Ole Joe Cool is the same one that built GOO Job's - Hot Rod's and you and me and
    few other Joe Cools are still doing it!
    Seems like some folk's just sit around and look at book's and that is grate. All the kind of builds in the 50's did not make the magazines by no means.
    And I don't like the term Rat Rod I like safe looking builds. But I am learning to live with it. I Love the H.A.M.B!!

28. Amen.

T. Hilton

29. Concrete B

Concrete B

I gotta disagree. I wasn't there, for sure. But look at the import scene when it took off, theres still rusty Dodge Neons and Civics running around my town all beat up with big wings and 3 chrome rims and broken body kits, but the magazines only covered the nice ones. I'm sure it's been like that through time. The only reason rusty rides are in mags now is because it's trendy.

30. For 1800 bucks and a lot of sweat, it's a sick little ride man. I need me a welder. :)