Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage We RULED the Dallas Autorama!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Anderson, Feb 14, 2009.

1. Elrod

Elrod

Yeah! It's going to be a wall hanger in the garage with a sign on it that says, "BOLT IT ON BEFORE TOWING!!!" :D

2. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

elrod I hope ya didnt hurt any one or damage another rodders car and at the least some ones tires .I noticed you were quick to blame others .its always them ?.

3. Revhead

Revhead
    from Dallas, TX

I don't think he was quick to blame others, but when you pull into the autorama and it has a giant blinking sign that reads something like "Hide your crap! we have bait cars, steal and you will go to jail", maybe it is not the safest place to leave loose stuff?

I'm really sorry that that fell out Jason, obviously I had no clue or I would have stopped. Never heard a thing (the trailer is pretty damn noisey on it's own). Was it on the turn to get on the toll road from wycliff?

4. Elrod

Elrod

It's not your fault george.. Wait, since I'm always so quick to blame others (who is that dude anyways???). You owe me 10 million dollars and a free trip to bonneville next year! :D. I'm such a wreckless jerk. Goodbye cruel world!!!!!

5. Wow. That was a lame thing to say.

6. Rusty

Rusty

Too funny, still tryin to figure out why you are on this site in the first place. Aint no billet , aint no late model sprint cars, and there sure as hell aint not damn Cudas, If you have not for gotten the Auto Rama is held in one of the top 3 stolen merchandise areas in Dallas County so that would have been the first thing I would have said too. Not that it would have been somoene showing a car but possbibly a spectator. And yes that is probably the rarest peice on a Model a Roadster to replace.

Damn Grenade inspectors

7. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

It's the same reason I cable locked my helmet to my bike and still found that it had been moved a few times over the weekend. I guess "they" tried. Jason(Elrod ) is a cool guy and I know he wasn't blaming people in the show but you never know who walks through the show. I don't think anyone in that room would let someone steal something off of someones car cause frankly most everyone in that room knows each other and would help keep an eye out but like I said you never know about Joe Public. That does suck though Jason. I lost the decklid off my coupe while bringing it home when I bought it and went back and found it sitting right side up on the shoulder unharmed! Only had to do a 60 mile round trip to find it! Come to think of it the decklid didn't even hit an enclosed trailer carrying a cuda on its way to the ground.Thank goodness for that! I'll keep my eyes open for a dashrail.

8. Anderson

Anderson

I know I was worried all weekend about someone running off with one of Jason's gas cans or Mark's jack stands or my vintage helmet or something. Every time I stepped foot in the building, the first thing I did was make a beeline to our display to make sure everything was still there, and that nobody had been fucking with it. People in general are sleazy thieving bastards. If it's not bolted to the floor or emblazoned with your name kiss it goodbye. Just ask Brad, he said he's had his picture book and some pinstriped panels stolen from INSIDE his car at the Autorama before. So yeah, that is absolutely the first thought that would cross my mind if something was missing.

Lighten up man. It didn't fly out and hit you in the face. Jason knows it should have been tied down but what can you do about it now? It was late after a long weekend. We can't all be flawless....

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  9. cracker head

cracker head

damn, if i would have know your helmet was in the car:D....

10. Dirty2

Dirty2

I had my build picture book stolen at the Houston autorama in 85 . Thanks again Eric for a great job .

11. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

Sometimes its better to shut your mouth and keep your opinions to yourself.I saw people open car doors and get in .Touch all over the glass and paint and I am sure stuff was taken .So its not to much of a stretch to think something was stolen.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  12. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

Great show for everyone who had a car in the show! Eric and Them made the place more fun to see for sure.

13. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

I dont belive that car people tend to steel at car shows they are overall good folks so that would be my last thought .Also you forgot my track roadster project and my 66 belvedere altered wheel base injected mopar and a vintage midget also the other cudas i have .you shot your mouth a little early and left ya little short .c

14. Anderson

Anderson

Craig, can you honestly say that you think 100% of "car people" are trustworthy?? Half the car people I know I wouldn't trust to even go inside my garage. And the people who attend the autorama? Yeah, some are car people, a lot are just the general public. People who were drug by their children to go see Hannah Montana or the American Gladiators. Guys who showed up to see an Escalade with 26"s and lambo doors with $50k worth of A/V junk, who drove to the show in a car that probably had nearly as much worth of stolen parts on it. It's not the car owners you worry about, it's the spectators.

The Autorama is for car people, but it is also for anyone who has money for a ticket. It's not exactly a close knit cruise night where everybody knows each other. There were thousands of people going through that building from Thursday until Sunday evening and there wasn't a security guard at every corner. People who can't control their kids enough to keep them from opening doors and climbing in other peoples cars. People who have no respect for what they are looking at, probably because they don't even KNOW what they are looking at. No, not everyone is like that and I hope they are the minority. But to think there are no dishonest people there? Are you kidding? Unless they start putting all the cars behind glass, I can guarantee you that things will be stolen at any indoor car show anywhere in the country. That is the nature of the beast. It's not like this was a center cap off of a new Corvette. It's a desirable and hard to find part. With as popular as this kinda stuff is becoming, a lot of people are finding out what parts are hard to get and how much they cost when you do find one.

Regardless.....I'm glad it ended up not being stolen, and I haven't heard of anything else being taken. Especially a good thing considering that the majority of cars in the "arena" did not have barricades around them. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it!!!!! I hope we can go back next year, and make it even better.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  15. Big Tony

Big Tony

Ya know if something would have come up missing in my car or one of my club members cars I would damn sure look at anyone i didn't know and Eric, Jason, MarkX and the rest of THEM would not be on my list. The only one jumping the gun here is you Stagernwings. I think Jason was a clear as he could have been.

Guess we are just not as perfect as the muscle car guys... :~)

16. Rusty

Rusty

Sounds gay to me

17. solid

solid

Fidgiter, i'm sure glad your camera didnt get stolen. Looked like a great time. Alot of cool stuff. I really dig the 33-34 hiboy pickup. Great photos, thanks for posting.

18. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Anyone know who owns the yellow 46 Ford coupe. I know his last name is Cox and he is from Burleson area?

19. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Ya shot off and then thats all you could come up with . you lied about my cars when you have no idea what i have ,you made a judgement based on the car i brought not what i have. you are not qualified to have an opinion with no facts .do you have the brass to apologize for your mistake lets see .c

20. Anderson

Anderson

I bet he will apologize just as soon as you apologize to Jason for your unfounded comments.

21. I showed my old 57 down there in the mid 90's. Even at that time there was cause for concern about stuff getting ripped off both inside and outside. Shit, its just that part of town. Hell, go down there for a gun show... it's the same shit there!!

22. Dirty2

Dirty2

Maybe the dash rail was stolen and than ran over to cover up the theft because he felt guilty ...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2009
  23. daddyo54

daddyo54
    Member Emeritus
    from Denison Tx

hahahaha!!!!

24. Elrod

Elrod

25. bigken

bigken

Sure is, Reed, but at least then, we are all packin' and no one want's to dick with anyone. Wonder if I can fit a scabbard into my cab??? :D

26. bradslowmodela

bradslowmodela

i been thinking... i would like to start a meet and greet in waxahachie at a local down town spot. i have no idea about setting it up, and starting it...

any input, would love to overtake waxahachie with hot rods...(one more time for those that didnt hear- hot rods)

27. FoPeed

FoPeed

I've got a Pro-Street 1974 Cuda with Lambo doors and some kick ass graphics I'll trailer down to Waxahachie. Just let me know when! :D

28. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Probably a nice ride but not a hot rod!

29. bigken

bigken

You guys had one helluva cool display. Glad to be neighbors all weekend. And yes, we did keep an eye on your stuff. Ask Big Tony about the 'pricks' that were leaning on his '54 during the awards.
    [​IMG]

30. Elrod

Elrod

Haha! That is funny!