Register now to get rid of these ads!

50's/60's International pickups anyone brave enough to build one ?

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Big Dad, May 15, 2008.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

I'm happy we brought this back up ..

I would like a 61-ish International myself

2. dart165

dart165

There was a white mid-50's one on ebay that was bagged, rocked a 331 hemi with no hood, that looked pretty cool. definitely made me notice the potential of these trucks. Gotta love that Chevy's and Fords are so popular... leaves the oddballs like Internationals and Studes somewhat more affordable to the those of us with...eclectic tastes.

3. used to go collect firewood as a kid in a 54 3 ton. you just couldn't stop the thing. it is just parked now, rusting away. if i had space and money i'd probably rescue it and run it as a car hauler/ parts chaser. noisy, slow but certainly different!

4. joebuick

joebuick

i had a 68 travelall i bought off a friend of my dads. He does nothing but internationals. he would buy any part that came along because it was so hard to get parts. its hard to find parts but its worth it in the end. by the way if i remeber right i was able to buy some parts for the travelall at autozone (i.e. fuel pump, brake shoes)

chriseakin likes this.
  5. bigun

bigun

Here are some pics of my 53 L110 an accidental E-bay buy. These were taken right after we rolled it off the trailer in 2005, it hasn't moved since Sorry about the other website tags I don't have any other pics of it on this computer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is a artiest rendition done for me with a blown hemi for power
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2009
  6. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I miss my early '57 S-110. Was a great, solid old truck, but I was strapped for cash and had too many projects at the time so it went to another home. It's terrible looking now with black and silver paint, but atleast it's being enjoyed.

Here's some old pics...

Bone Stock...
    [​IMG]

Waiting it's turn...
    [​IMG]

Finally got some time with it...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loaded up on it's last day...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. HR Classic Cars

HR Classic Cars
    from Wylie, TX

Not a pickup, but we did a Scout II for a customer last year, the owner got it new for her 16th birthday and wanted it back the way she remembered it but ready to drive everyday..

Lot's of documentation here, although I forgot to post completed pictures http://www.hrclassiccars.com/1975_IH_Scout_II

She was pretty happy with it ;-)

When we started:
    [​IMG]

When we were almost done:
    [​IMG]

8. vertible59

vertible59

IHC designed that V-8 so that you could easily get to everything easily...what a concept!

9. pool

pool

10. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

I've got a 1956 Nicson catalog and, believe it or not, they made both dual intakes and split cast iron headers for some of the IHC sixes.

11. TexasT

TexasT
    from Texas

I'm a squared off, long roof kinda guy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. silversink

silversink

I'm still having a time getting pictures posted anywhere. If you do my profile and look at the album you will se a couple I own and one 49 4x4 I took a picture of a The End of The World car show in Long beach Washington. The ones I own are 1935 c1, 1947 KB1 1949 KB2 and a 1949 KB1. gota love old trucks. I also have a couple parts trucks that didn't make the album. I have to give credit to my 9 yr old granddaughter for getting the pictures posted for me.:rolleyes:

13. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

That was the plan, to make it look like a pusher truck for a dragster.

Yeah, they did a scuff & shoot. I laid down some practice pinstriping on the fenders when I had it, and you can see the stripes under the new silver paint on the fenders. They didn't even sand them down. The tires/wheels are the same I think. I haven't seen the ol girl in a while. I bought it for $2000, sold it for $2,200, then it got sold again, and the guy that has it now is the one that painted it, then relisted on craigslist for $10,000. HAHAHA.

I found an earlier one down the street from my house, been sitting a while, but I'm going to head over there with some cash and see if I can get it.

14. MER_0037[1].jpg Here's one to look at, 1953 custom five year project. finally having fun with it.We call it the cornfield caddilac. Look see at cornbinder 13 member location.

15. 39cent

39cent
    from socal

this is the site of the 'BRAVE'! Here you will find the 'bravest rodders in the world'. The old 'Cornbinders' deserve the respect due them, they have been maligned and ignored too long. This post brought to mind my experience with an old 1 ton short flatbed granny box,50ish 6 cyl,International truck that i was assigned to drive as a delivery boy for an auto parts house. It was always given to the fng when he started out. I wanted the new Ford or the Chevy with healthy V8 power and sound. But I after awhile i became fond of the ol gal, she always started, and ran the same and she held the heaviest loads, no matter what the weather or or terrain, she pulled dependably up hill and down not fast but always got there. If there was a heavy load with gas bottles, and engine blocks,she got the job done. I grew fond of the ol gal, and after awhile I didnt care about them new Fords, or Chevy,s. I just loved to drive her.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  16. hotrodihc

hotrodihc
    from London Ont

17. Tippett

Tippett
    from Alberta

18. truckdude1

truckdude1

Maybe you meant this '56? Kind of the opposite of white and it is a 330 Desoto Hemi that is .040 over. I hauled it home last weekend and am going to start tinkering.

Attached Files:

chriseakin likes this.
  19. L110Mike

L110Mike
    from North OC

Yes, hence the name, L110... I have 1950 L-110. been a long, slow process. no pictures, sorry.

btw, i'm looking for a spare driver's side rear fender. anyone have one to sell? I'm hoping to find one without the spare tire delete.

20. I THINK the real cool one that was gold/white was maybe a 1958 and called the "Golden Jubilee'. They are pretty rare and pretty collectible...and pretty pricy if you can find a nice one. (They were a special model, kinda like a Chevy Cameo) eBay usually has quite a few International pickups of all years listed for sale most of the time. At least it's a good source for pictures to see what the various years look like. . Try www.craigslist.com for Intenationals closer to home.

A pretty cool later model was the'68 -'69 (I think) called the "900". It was a light duty short wheelbase version of the 1000 (ind susp. and 1100 (I-beam) regular half and heavy-half-ton pickups. They came with either a V-8 or a slant-4 in them.

I worked for IHC in the truck division for 32-years before retiring....mostly in the heavy duty end...semi trucks and stuff.

JG

21. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

here is a couple of mine.The first one is a 1940 that we picked up a few years ago.stock drivetrain, all pretty much original.
    [​IMG]

the second is my 1963 parts chaser. C900 short bed, 152 4cyl, 3speed.

[​IMG][​IMG]

chriseakin likes this.
  22. <TABLE cellPadding=10 border=10><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

chriseakin likes this.
  23. <TABLE cellPadding=10 border=10><TBODY><TR><TD>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

chriseakin likes this.
  24. mad red

mad red

do u have any AA110 that you wrecking

25. 1941ihkb5

1941ihkb5

ive aquired a 41 kb-5, i see great idias here. im planning on placeing the cab and nose on a 69 ih 1300 chassies, used to be a dump truck so the rear frame is kicked up 8", and modify an old dodge stepside bed, several people said to keep the duel wheels in the rear, im new here and my computers slow as hell so i cant post any pix yet.

26. my brother has a 56 s 100 red and white paint job all original. just no engine or interior. been trying to get it for years. i think the 56 is one of the best

27. JBOLTON

JBOLTON

Here's my 49 International build. Its been in the works now for roughly a year. I also have the original KNOX bed built by the Knox box bed company which was pretty rare. International got so overwhelmed with the production of trucks they couldnt keep up, so they outsourced the bed production to the Knox company, fun fact.

Attached Files:

28. pyro3256

pyro3256
    from OKC

29. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

I've got an early 60's 2-ton cab. I think the only thing that made it rust was being a salt truck in Ohio during the 60's and 70's. Still has the state seal on the doors, scribbled over with spray paint.

Currently thinking about doing a cheater section on the cab and fenders to eliminate the rust and dropping it on a spare chassis with a 4 cylinder Mitsubishi for power...