Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures Project X at Her Best........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lostn51, Feb 13, 2009.

1. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I know everyone who ever liked cars has seen this a thousand times but I found one video that I have never seen before. So here you guys go something to make your Friday a little more bearable, and hopefully it will give you some inspiration to get out in the garage for a while this weekend.

Enjoy!

2. You did good....thanks for posting.

3. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

Nice find...I wonder what that thing ran in the 1/4, in Hollywod Knights form/trim?

...I know the `55 from TLB/Graffitti ran low 10`s...

4. i think it was in 11.70 form in the movie.

5. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

It's too bad it looks like a pile of shit now.

6. Bucksnort

Bucksnort

Yep,you are correct.

7. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yea, they smoothed all the soul outta that one...

-Abone.

8. Hey it was ruined on the incarnation before GM got it. Whenever they put the 18 and 20 inch wheels and did that "Pro Touring" crap to it, I thought they had ruined it, and GM just sealed it forever. I dont think they could do much to it now to make it worse, unless "Donk:Box & Bubble" magazine gets it. I hope that is never its fate. I would rather see it stripped and burned before that happens...

9. studematt

studematt

I dont think they could do much to it now to make it worse, unless "Donk:Box & Bubble" magazine gets it. I hope that is never its fate. I would rather see it stripped and burned before that happens...

Dude that is awesome. You must be a wild man. Couldn't agree more.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

10. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I hated seein it like that on hot rod tv awhile back i wish they would have left it like it was in Hollywood Knights!

11. keeffer

keeffer

tony danza blew the motor in the movie then they parked it

12. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Correcta Mundo!:)

13. Muttley

Muttley

They should be ashamed at what they have done to that car. :(

14. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I really like seeing how the car transformed through time but like everybody has stated the Hollywood Knights version was the best looking to me. But the car has served its purpose of being a test bed for the latest and greatest hod rod products/trends. Unfortunately they did not know when to quit when they had the chance. In my opinion GM desecrated the car when they did the last incarnation, at least the pro touring version before that could have been reversed.

15. TRuss

TRuss

It's cool that it's still around. In my mind only the McMullen roadster has a similar history. I'm not too stoked on it's current form either though.

16. Eww they ruined it!

17. YEP !!

To quote a famous movie line - "Geez what a waste of machinery!!"

Rat

18. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Enjoyed seeing that second movie of the various incarnations.

My engine is based on the cross ram version of the Project X engine on the cover of Popular Hot Rodding. I always liked Project X in the earliest forms, the freaky 70's and the Hollywood Knights era as well.

Have to say the newest version is interesting, but the car lost it's soul and it will likely never have it back. Too bad...

19. brigrat

brigrat
    from Wa.St.

What a mess, they could have pulled that off with a glass replica body. Lots of talent for so little soul............................