Register now to get rid of these ads!

Elk Grove Village / Chicago O'Hare area rod shops?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rem, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Rem

Rem

Looks like I might be on a flying visit to Elk Grove Village, IL 60007, in the next week or two for work. On the slim chance I might get to escape for an hour or two, I don't suppose there are any rod shops / suppliers in spitting distance? It might be a chance to fill my suitcase with hardware if nothing else!

TIA

2. These guys are about six or seven miles away:

Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle
    59 W Factory Rd
    Addison, IL 60101
    (630) 458-0808

It doesn't get any better than this!!!

3. Rem

Rem

Great shout, oldbobsign, thanks. I'll give 'em a call when I'm there and see if I can get down there.

4. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

If your going to stay over the weekend, a few swapmeets in the next couple of weeks. This way you can really load up:eek:

5. Rem

Rem

Swapmeets would be cool, John! I really don't know how much free time I'll get, or even what mode of transport I'll have - it'll probably be over the weekend of Feb 21st/22nd.

6. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

And i think they do a Thirsty Thursday or Friday Open House also. Call Now!

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Good swap on the 22nd Skips, how big is your suitcase? maybe we can fit my 33 pheaton in her:Dkeep in touch .

8. Rem

Rem

Thanks again John, do you have an address and times for that one? A '33 Pheaton might be a bit big, much as I'd like one, but '33-'34 front motor mounts/water inlets and a front pulley are definitely on my list!

9. i just hope i get there before you do so i can buy some of the cool trinkets
    lol
    tk

10. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

:eek: Tom that's hurtful:D, I'm bring junk this time, so I'll be waiting at the gate. Rem I'll shoot you the info on a PM just in case Tub in Da Dirt forgot were they moved it to:D

11. Rem

Rem

OK, been there - done that! It was a bit of a rush visit, and hard work (and bloody cold!), but I managed to escape that for a couple of hours here and there, so now for some thanks:

continentaljohn for the Skip's Swap Meet suggestion - got there a bit late so all the best stuff had probably gone, but I still had to pay an excess baggage surcharge for the flight home!

oldbobsign for putting me onto Hot Rod Chassis & Cycle, and scottybaccus for noting their late night Thursdays, so also thanks to the HRCC crew of Kevin, Chad, and Rocco for showing me around on Thursday evening.

Thanks all, hopefully if work allows it, I'll be back!

12. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Sorry I missed you at the swap and in town. They had some 33-34 goodies in the morning but seem to go fast:D. So what kind of goodies did you find? anything special?

13. Rem

Rem

Hi John, hopefully next time I will have a bit more notice and will be better prepared for a look around the area. Only got a handful of small parts at the swap, although did get an original Ford "green bible" parts book. I had also organised a complete '56 F-100 heater from SC and a pair of '34 front water outlets from HAMBer Chris to be delivered to the factory for me to bring back as hand luggage :D

Thanks, Andy

14. wc chopper

wc chopper

Rem I don't know what line of work you are in but. When travelling abroad I'd pick up clothes at oxfam jumble sales etc before I go and use those clothes on trip and on the last day throw em away or donate them and that leaves plenty of room for extra goodies to bring home. Let me know next time you're over in the chicago area it would be nice to see another Brit.

Marty

15. Rem

Rem

Cheers, Marty, good idea, although most of my clothes come from Oxfam anyway LOL. Did pick up some Levis in JC Penney's at half the UK price so had to squeeze them in as well for the trip home!

16. Rem

Rem

Hey, looks like I'm coming back for a few more days. Hopefully I'll be in Elk Grove over the weekend of April 18th & 19th, so are there any swap meets, shows, cruises, whatever? I'm sure I'll get down to HRC&C again, maybe in daylight this time?

I trust the weather will be warmer than in February? :D

17. HotRodJosh

HotRodJosh

You don't know much about Chicago, do ya? :) Its about to snow here tonight.

18. silent rick

silent rick

of course it is, isn't opening day monday?

19. dakotajayne

dakotajayne
    from 3c1

Check jim @ lions hot rods in mchenry. Its 10-15 miles west of ohare. The ph. Is 815-321-9828. Have fun

20. Rem

Rem

Ha! Damn, we had 4" of snow one day, thunder and lightning another, even one relatively mild day (above freezing), when I was there in Feb. I hoped it would be spring time by now!

21. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

It's more like 35-40 miles away