Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Family 1st! Time to change the easter egg for Detroit Auto-Rama!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Don Moyer, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Django

Django
    from Chicago

2. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

I don't know man... I was digging the "grampa graphics" j/k

Beautiful job on the re-do, I can't wait to see what you do next!

- Joe

3. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

I definitely respect your ability to prioritise the attack. It takes experience to do that, and I have very little. I could not have done this... beyond that I also respect your ability to stick to budget and focus on the task and weigh and define the importance of certain pieces. ie the rear bumper splash guard, fender skirts, etc...

I want to see the final product. Thanks Don.

4. I am a dummy....heheheheh.. I had it up higher, and lower and in the middle....The bumper has a curve in it, and the curve of the emblem matches, that is why I have it low. I am waiting to get the chrome on the car with the color to see where it looks right, if it needs it at all....Nice thing about emblems, they unbolt really easy! Here is a couple pics from Steves camera yesterday....preping for paint

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  5. Great Olds! I love those 40s fastbacks. The color break pleases the eye. Here's my "blue-lake-blue" and "Oyster gray" poncho.

Attached Files:

6. Nice Poncho Rocky! Back from basketball practice, So I will get the pics up to speed. Here is Mark spraying the seal coat primer to keep the evil peach color from bleeding through!

Attached Files:

7. Here is the base. Really a different look.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. I had to leave after the first base coat to be home in time for the kids to get off the bus, so I missed alot of the process. After I made dinner and got the kids homework and stuff taken care of, I had to take them to baton practice. We left early so we could stop by S&M to see how the car came out. When we got there, Mark was still in the booth! He started spraying at 1pm and we got back there at a little after 7pm! Here he is spraying the last of the clear coat....after about 15 min. I took the kids in the spray booth to check it out. They were very proud of the color that they picked out!

Attached Files:

9. Cyclebilly

Cyclebilly
    from Chicago

Its looking good!!

10. Tdreamer

Tdreamer

"hot rod don"...it looks fabulous...i'm stoppn by s&m to take a peek after work...

11. hell yeah...looking great!

T.Hilton

12. Here it is as it sits today.....It was too tacky this mourning, so I worked on the garnish mouldings. In the afternoon I started sanding. I used a stone for the little dirt knobs. ( not many ) Then I started wet sanding with 1000 grit.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

OOOOOOO thats a nice looking color and car

14. Ozzie

Ozzie

Dayyyyummmmm, That looks nice!!!

15. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

gee Don........once you get that car all squared away maybee we will let you join the DISCIPLES.............ha ha ! !

that car will be too cool when done ! Flat tow your drag car with it ! !

16. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Its goin DON in detroit...

17. As an Olds afficianado, I cast my vote FOR the emblem. Never did like the "sad mouth" grill in these models. Love all that you have done "on the cheap". This is EXACTLY what our Hot Rod forefathers did. :cool: Truly inspirational for my Starfire Ragtop project. Love the color that the little angels picked out. So cool that you got them involved. Will be up north end of March, will swing by to see it and the trophy you bring home. Nicley done my friend. :):)
    JT

Attached Files:

18. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

great lookin car man, you deserve it, i love your attitude of "the family comes first"

19. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Came out looking great...a bit too dark a color for my tastes, but it is your car...

Is the firewall and inner fenders staying peach...??? I know hoods of "true" kustoms are never opened at a show...but sooner or later someone will "want to see under the hood"...!! Will that change later...???

R-

20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Looking good!! :cool:

Malcolm

21. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Holy shit Don, man you work fast looking good.
    Mat

22. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Imagine how fast he'd work if he were ugly!:p

23. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I like the color. Much better Don.
    How do you do that so quickly?? Does the paint drip off in the rain?
    Ha Ha

24. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I LOVE the color, the girls did good! It's almost the exact same shade of dark purple as my '47 Chevy convertible. It was called Hawaiian Orchid. Really looking forward to seeing it in Detroit next month.

25. Thanks for all the great comments! Yesterday I sanded, and sanded, and sanded.....1000, 1500, then 2000. Anybody have any opinions on what hubcaps to run on this thing? Frist task when its back home is to do the wheels and mount the new tires.

Attached Files:

26. After dinner, (family brought KFC to the body shop for a winter picnic) my brother in law Joe came and rubbed the car out. I owe him big time as I think this body keeps getting bigger....

Attached Files:

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Fiesta spinners of course :D

28. AA/Fuel34fordpu

AA/Fuel34fordpu

sombrero cap are nice but I think hotrodladycrusr is spot on......

29. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

That is Kick ass!

30. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Chevs of the '40s sells repop skirts, with or with out the speed stripes holes, and they fit Olds and Pontiacs as well. Just a thought.