Register now to get rid of these ads!

Daytona beach parade:stock cars,sun,surf,skin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TOM KITCHEN, Feb 10, 2009.

1. TOM KITCHEN

TOM KITCHEN

You poor guys up-North! Every year the Living Legends Club (Ray Fox-pres.) puts on a show and Beach Parade ( & sprint) of Real and Replica Stock cars and other racers on "The Beach" right where Daytona was run until 1959. Dave Pearson, Russ Truelove, Ray Fox, Pam Roberts ("Fireball"'s daughter) and many others were there. Turnout this year was fantastic!1 About 35 race cars and 30-40 "others" showed up. Each car gets to "open-it-up" with a Green flag and then a checkered flag for a short distance after a 2 mile Parade on the beach (near the "North Turn" Restruant). I will try to post two sets of pictures. I own the '56 "Fireball" Roberts Ford and a Supercharged '57 and doing a '57 T-Bird "Battlebird" (have the Orig. F.I.).

Attached Files:

2. Spooky

Spooky

More pics and I have a question for you.

I know by pictures in mags from way back that the SCTA boys made sojourns to Daytona Beach to run their cars on the beach.
    What was the event called and what years did it happen?

Oh, yeah and any shots of the Silver Fox?

Love David Pearson!

3. ZomBrian

ZomBrian
    from in IN

Looks like a killer show. I think it got up to 55 or 58 today...:(. Still, the windows in the house were open for sure. Thanks for sharing.

4. NASCAR & underage girls.......

It just don't get much better.

JH

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'd bet a lot more folks would come ifn we heard about it BEFORE the event. Gary

6. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Man, I missed it! I wanted to bring our Curtis Tuner stock car down to sell!

I can't believe it, I missed it! Grrrr.....

But thanks for the pics of the cars anyways.

7. hemifarris

hemifarris

Which Curtis Turner car do you own? Any pics? Thanks

8. spiffy1937

spiffy1937
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Florida

Damn, wish I had of know about that, I'd of been there. I'll watch for it next year!!

9. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

This one:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Curtis never actually drove this car but it has been built to the exact specs of a car of that era, the whole bit-- Holman Moody, side oiler 427ci, suspension, roll cage, the list goes on and on. It has been recently raced in the vintage circuit (Daytona, Darlington, NH, etc) and runs REAL good! I'm looking to get around $40k out of it if you or anyone you know would be interested.

I really wanted to bring it down and run it :( :D ;)

10. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great looking car.....Probably would have been an easy sell at the show.

11. Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Bruce, just too many things going on in sunny Florida this time of year. I guess we can't make them all.....but we sure can try.

Lee