Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iowa and Illinois hamb meeting????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Onelow34, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Onelow34

Onelow34

Ok guys, im sick of this winter as well as everyone else is and ready to get summer started! I was wondering if anybody would be interested in having a big meeting for everyone around here close to southeast iowa? I know a few other fellow hambers that would like to as well. So, let me know what you think and maybe we can get something in the works. :D

2. Onelow34

Onelow34

3. PoPo

PoPo

im down as long it is either March 7th, April 11th, 18th or after May 9th..lol Ill be gone all weekends till May 9th except those..lol

but don't schedule around me, I'll be around all summer and hunting everyone down at shows.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

count me in!!!! :)

5. Onelow34

Onelow34

ok breeder, I think we should plan it somewhere "in the middle" so everyone doesn't have to drive a long ways. Any ideas? oh and Popo, we're not leaving you out, we can schedule it one of those days.

6. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I'd be up for it after the frost is out of the ground and we've had some warm windy days to firm things up a little. I never put a driveway to my back garage and I'm afraid the Stude is "garage bound" until the ground dries up or freezes. I got it out Saturday and I got that "old sinking feeling" about halfway around the house, now I have some extra yardwork to do.

I'm about an hour Northeast of Burlington so Burlington works for me. I have one request though, DON'T have it in Gulfport. I used to go to Gulfport in my younger days and it's really not someplace I need to go again IF ya' know what I mean.

7. Onelow34

Onelow34

Its a good thing the flood took out gulfport then huh? lol I steer clear of that place anyways!

If you are interested in coming, please pm me and we can start to make a list and get some good dates figured out.

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

burlingtons fine by me! only 45 mins north ...so that works!!!!

9. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

I hope you go to church now:D

Back in the 50's, that and Matherville were the places to go on a Sunday.

HellRaiser

10. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

Matherville has all but dried up, only one bar left and it's a hole in the wall. Gulfport got pretty much washed away in last years floods. Here's one for you though, last Fall Viola finally voted to allow liquor sales inside the city limits. The kicker is the guy that worked to get it through has never had a drink in his life!

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

i was by gulf port after the flood.....a sea of dolla bills and glitter, riddled the area!!! :) poor strippers!!! :(

12. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

The end of an era.......

13. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

I'm down for something halfway in between would be cool to meet up with some of the guys like breeder and i seem to hear alot about him on here!I've never had the pleasure of gulf port but from what i hear it was quite the place anything goes!!!!!

14. I'd drive down from Milwaukee just to stop in and check you guys out....I love that town. Centurion9

15. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Galesburg at Lake Storey would be a good place this summer. Plenty of room, close to the eastern Ia guys, south of the Quad Cities, close enough for the Peoria group, and not that far north for those in the Bloomington Springfield area.

Lake Story back in the 50's was a hot spot for cruising around, slumped down way low in your seat, being "COOL". The car club emblem, dangling from the back on your rod. The juke box blaring from the pavillion, and picking up chicks still wearing their bathing suits.

I'll never forget crusing in front, and hearing "Patricia" by Prez Prado or "A Theme from a Summer place". Maybe some "The Happy Organ" by Dave Baby Cortez, or how about a little "Topsy Part II"

AH...now that's Traditional

HellRaiser

16. Corn Fed

Corn Fed

HAH!!! Even I know of Gulfport and I'm 3 hours away!!! Actually, during my younger stupider days I spent a few years in Fort Madison. So I know a little about the area.

17. Fighter-of-Wars

Fighter-of-Wars

I'm in eastern Illinois, I might be able to attend, if the old man will let me.

18. riverrat

riverrat

gulfport or bust

riverrat

19. PoPo

PoPo

man I went to Western Il University for a few years. I WENT TO GULFPORT on few nights and bought me a few CANS of beer while watching the MOTHER/DAUGHTER show in their leopard outfits.. AGHHH bad mental images still.

Ok I just got my truck suspension back together, When are we thinking guys, dont PM him, post your thoughts here. Lets get this planned so I don't have to spring this on the wife without some notice.

Whats the plan also, day time hanging out, evening?

20. Onelow34

Onelow34

21. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Too far to come, but grew up in Fairfield. Got out before the gurus took over. My Mom still lives in Mt. P and a brother in Salem. Yes we used to go to Gulfport. Got stopped in Mt.P. on the way back one night. My buddy was driving 15 mph on 34. I was asleep in the back seat. Threw us both in jail. I was 17. Good luck with a run hope it works for you.

22. Onelow34

Onelow34

I used to work in fairfield doc, and I graduated from Mt. P. We got the same old stompin grounds! Things have changed though, thats for sure.

23. jasonp

jasonp
    from Aurora,IL

I'm in Aurora/Naperville, IL. I'd be up for it depending on when.

24. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

I vote for keeping it close to the Mississippi, anywhere from Dubuque to Keokuk on the Iowa side is in easy range for me.
    <!-- / message -->

I used to have to go to John Deere Ottumwa occasionally and drove through both, Did the same guy lay both of them out? I swear the town squares and business districts are identical!

25. Onelow34

Onelow34

I think we should have it on the riverfront. We could meet in burlington, keokuk, or even Nauvoo? I think we need to decide on a month. Whats everyone thinking? I am good for anything so let me know what your thinking.

26. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Nauvoo would be good!!!

HellRaiser

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

but, will mormans let us drink dallas??? i needs my beer!!! :)

28. Onelow34

Onelow34

What about at one of those roadside parks between nauvoo and keokuk? Some of those would be big enough and already have tables?

29. bigsam63

bigsam63

But, are thay gona let us drink ya all no how breeder is.:D

30. Onelow34

Onelow34

I don't see why we couldn't, as long as breeder isn't dancing around on the tables in his gstring like his bday pics showed us, I don't think we would have a problem!