Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wife or Girlfriend jealous of your hotrod?!? How do you handle it?!?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny1290, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my wife told me once twenty seven years ago it was her or my bikes! i told her to put a pan of cornbread in the oven on her way out the door and i would have another there to take it out! not a peep sense , i just had to get her more involved in my hobbies..

2. cavistyle

cavistyle
    from baltimore

Mine gets pissed I am a car guy..Im off work by 4:30 most days cruise to the garage and work on my car for an hour or so.. get home before she does and i still get grief.. then on the weekend ill go to crazy rays while she sleeps till 12 and still cant win...its a never ending battle..

3. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

No complaints here . my wife understands all aspects of my race car and works on it .as for the old cars shes ok but likes racing and swap meets best .I can run off at the swaps and she sells my stuff . If you can satisfy your woman she just might buy you a race car some day mine did .c

4. it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

5. missysdad1

missysdad1

"She said it was either her or the hot rod. I sure do miss her."

Seriously...in a good relationship both parties want the other to be happy. If that's not the case, it's probably not about the cars.

6. -Brent-

-Brent-

My fiance' likes that I'm a "man" and that I'm into cars. But since I've met her and moved to the state she lives in I've just collected and stored parts for my '30 coupe. She's not against it one bit but loves that I'm always around. She knows that once we've got a house it will have a workplace/shop.

Now, in the past, it was a different story. I had a long term girl that hated my race car, hated my motorcycle, hated greasy fingernails, and on and on. That is, until she got an $800 dollar brake quote. It was constantly an issue, no matter how much I did. Looking back, it was more of two different people rather than me being a "gearhead."

My pops had a great bit of advice which I lived by and it served me very well. "If you want to meet a girl whom likes the same things you do, than keep doing the things you like to do." Now, I'm not advocating staying cooped up in your garage without any contact... that just won't work.

And, what about the long term friend... she's got your number man... she knows what's up.

7. blackout

blackout

So far 2 divorces, present wife is jealous, it's stupid for her to be like that. I'm not going to change.

8. let her leave now before 50% of your stuff is something.

9. Buy her a gift or have a THREESOME !! You pick >>>>.

10. Guess I'm lucky to have married an understanding lady. She loves to shop and I hate it so since I have the. Are to mess with she's happy that I don't complain about how much time she spends shopping. I also bought her a 70 Mercedes roadster to drive on the weekends so she feels part of the car hobby when she sees my friends.

11. Javier

Javier
    1. Strugglers C.C.

I bought my wife a old car so she can be in on it as well.nothing like spreading the disease.I get to work on it and have the real fun with it any way.

12. JEPPA

JEPPA

Snow is on the ground. Car is tucked away in the garage. Everything is cool.

13. BedPimp

BedPimp
    from Fresno, CA

The ex skipped town and left me with her Pontiac hearse with a 455 in it. Since I'm not blowing money on dinner, movies, and flowers, I've got scratch to throw towards project!

14. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

Wife or Girlfriend jealous of your hotrod?!? How do you handle it?!?

in my case it's

wife or girlfriend jealous of your hotrod or the HAMB ? how do you handle it?

15. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1> <!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->
    Give her a cunt punch ...
    this is soooo far out of line i cant believe you said it . one sick idea . darn , have some respect ! if your single i can see why ... STEVE IN NORCAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    married 44 years to the same awesome lady !!!!!

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

consider the source! Good call, Steve

17. MERC 55

MERC 55

Ditto, get her a car, then you spend all your time working on her car.

18. Aren't there any moderators here? How does a post like that get to stay?

19. MERC 55

MERC 55

Her car

Attached Files:

20. johnnyjalopy

johnnyjalopy

i say get her involved........ my awesome girl friend is right there to help me and says for me to get out there and have fun..... she is the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!! check it out... working hard and looking cute i might add.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  21. havi

havi

I keep one in the garage, and one in the house....oil and water don't mix.

At least she tolerates the piles in the backyard. :)

Honestly, she's receptive of my hobby, and knows I could be sitting in a bar, but she won't come out and say it, lol.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  22. S.F.

S.F.

Also happens to me, they seem to say I like the car more than her. I dont know I wasnt really paying attention.

23. Ebert

Ebert

Like I said....if they don't dig the deal..HEAVE HO!!! My wife is the dream...she NEVER gets in the way because she know the DEAL!!!!!!! I love her that much more because of that!!!!!!!!

24. old1946truck

old1946truck

I'm just staying single its the easy thing to do its less of a headace.

25. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

That's why mine has been sitting the same way/condition for the last two years!!!! Sometimes wish I was single again!!!

26. All the guys from work went out drinkin (A planned, the women new about it end of the season thing]. Next day we all were talkin about how the wives were pissed. I asked one guy & he said - pissed? no way - She knows better than to lip me off when I been drinken.:eek:. Divorced in 6 months:D.Hotrods same thing. I got a few guys I know. Don't tell their wifes shit. (Bad idea) Keep them involved.

27. BlackMagicKustoms

BlackMagicKustoms
    from Denton,TX

Put a firmly mounted eccentric motor directly to the base of the seat she sits on in the hot rod. Not only will this fix the problem but she'll beg you to go for a spin.

28. kenb

kenb
    Member Emeritus

In my experience, some women are going to chip away at stuff like this, because that's just what some women do.

And always remember, the day you roll over and give in to their demands to conform, they don't like you anymore. :rolleyes: :D

Ken

29. old1946truck

old1946truck

Well I dont even think there are any girls my age that like hot rods, customs, or classic cars. They all like the imports that buzz around and look like airplanes with the wings on the back.

30. 59mercsled

59mercsled

i just tell mine i am going to the field for a week for training and sleep in the garage. No kids no wife just me and the car my best friebd tell his wife the same thing so when our wifes call eachother we are both covered. Marines are shady mother f@$#

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.