Register now to get rid of these ads!

This is my friends collection

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BronxMopars1, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Kevins89notch5.0

Kevins89notch5.0
    from Orlando

DAMN! That place is amazing! Its like a time warp almost.

All those signs are alone worth more than my cars. :(

2. goat

goat

I have not had the chance to meet Steve yet. I have seen the last two of his projects, that are still in the build process. both are 1 of 1 models from mopar factory. this guy has spent countless hours locating all of these cars, and alot of time, money and energy restoreing them to original condition. hot rods or not, every body should appreciate what he has done here. these cars and the parafanillia thathe has is his life. I also know that the man is very ill at this point in life and needs all our best wishes or prayers we can muster.
    some body all so mentioned that Ken has built alot of these cars. you are correct. what most people don't know is that Scott Hall has done the paint and body work on some of these cars with out any recognition untill lately. and still not as much as he deserves. he done one hell of a paint job on my 57 ford and I can't thank him enough.
    all bull shittin aside, hot rods or not this collection is fu---ing nice. so for those that don't agree, eat shit. and have a nice day.
    the Goat

3. stagernwings

stagernwings
    from tx

Yes they are .but guys like you have tunnel vision and car nuts like myself who like everything old car wise get along fairly well ,except that rat rod in your avatar not so much .:D

4. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

5. dirt

dirt

so now a 77K orig mile no rust car is a rat rod. your too much.

i never said i dont appreciate muscle cars. i think they are beautiful, specially his. but this is a PRE 65 traditional hot rod and custom website. they simply dont belong here. just like i would not post my 53 on a muscle car website because i know it does not belong there.
    a muscle car is a muscle car not a hot rod it doesn't make it any less of a car. it is what it is.

6. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Ok so there Muscle cars but there buildres are some of the best so befor you knock the hell out of them think about this

71 Chicken Head car (orange road runner) Chuck Miller and when we fount this car it was sitting next to the Red baron!
    70 RTS duster (green) Byron Grenfell
    70 Dodge Diamante (pearl white) Syntex custom cars
    70 RTS road runner (gold & black) Charriot custom cars
    69 Swinger dart (candy maroon, not pictured) Alexander Brothers
    The Daroo 1 (green, not pictured) George Barris

I think thats an allstar pack of builders. And the memorabilia is from dealerships all over the country. It took us about 15 years and 200,000 miles to get it all together. And we still go on the road looking and buying memorabilia, Mopar, Chevy, Ford, Cobra whatever! So if you have any or know of any please let us know.

7. Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  8. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

The Duster was done by Byron Grenfell in 1969 for the 1970 RTS Caravan.

9. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

OH

MY

GOD

!!!!!

Crap! That's a ModTop '69 Cuda 340!! Crap! I can't get my mouth to stop hanging open. There are three things in life I love most of all.

- Open wheel, three pedal, mountain motor hot rods that haul ass.

- Shoebox Mags

- MoPar

You pick the order, I'm not telling which it should be in.

The thing to appreciate here guys is that someone saved all that shit and is preserving it. Regardless of the era. It should be an inspiration to all to save and preserve everything.

Moderators, please don't delete this thread!!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  10. sonoramic

sonoramic
    from Maryland
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Steve is a very cool dude, and I did have the privlege of being there when he opened up his collection to a few good friends. Words can't describe it!

Here is a link to his webpage with a ton of pics......

http://www.stevenjuliano.com/

11. dirt

dirt

im not knocking anyones cars. in fact i said his were beautiful. im not trying to debate with anyone that musclecars arent cool or they suck or anything of the sort. in fact there are 3 muslcecars in my club and i think there bitchin but im not going to post them here, they do not belong here.

all im saying is they do not belong on the HAMB. all the cars you posted were post 65 which means they are off topic and dont belong here. its really pretty simple. pre 65 cars welcome post 65 not.

12. Spike!

Spike!

The HAMB is going to Hell if this mullet shit goes three pages. Traditional hot Rods and Customs. What part do you not understand? Jesus Christ...

Spike

13. dirt

dirt

thank you.

14. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I'm suprised it took so long for the whiners to showup. this is so much more than a mullet headed mopar collection I think it deserves a spot here. sadly the whiners will prevail when the post is shut down due to the drama.

why don't you traditional only guys go shut down the post where some guy is trying to sell jackets?

15. What is not custom about those cars. The A brothers, Chuck Mller, Barris....

Jees give the guy a break, we show collections of cool stuff here all the time.

16. Django

Django
    from Chicago

That's all super RARE stuff. It's not like it's a barn full of Camaros.

On the site it says the Dodge Diamonte started out as the ONLY triple black Hemi Challenger convertible ever produced before they cut it up for the concept car. Wow! If that isn't HAMB worthy, I don't know what is... ;) :D

17. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Hey "Dirt" I didnt see you complain on the "Jungle Pam" thread and her and Jim didnt come on the scene till 1966 or on the "Drag cars in motion" thread I saw tons of late 60's gassers and dragsters there or even on the "Super Stock" threads. And my Valiant gasser is a 1966 so does that mean it doesnt belong? I see tons of customs and traditional rods built last week in glass not steel so they shouldnt be here either right! I'm sorry you dont like this thread but just ignore it them and look at the 1,000,000 others. I thought people would appreciate this collection and some do.

18. Thanx for posting it. Unbelievable collection.

19. Spike!

Spike!

Its not that the collection isn't cool to some people, but this board is for Traditional Hot Rods and Customs. Read the rules. Pre-64 is where its supposed to be at, with a few exceptions. There are plenty of boards that love muscle cars. Go there. This new HAMB is going soft. A few years ago it wouldn't have made it five seconds, let alone this many pages. Wait...Fuck...I'm feeding a troll. shit. Ya got me...

Spike

20. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

High blood pressure isn,t cool ,but nearly everyone on here has got it.......................................

21. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I can appreciate all the effort that went into collecting all of that memorabilia and the cars.

But this thread is doomed........:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

22. I agree completely, just because I like all cars and I hate to admit it, but I even like some Chevys. I think when you are a car guy, that means you like all years, styles, and even foreign cars. I myself would not own a rat rod, but that does not mean that I do not appectiate the work that went into building it.
    Just my two cents,
    George
    P.S. This guy has a great collection.

23. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

What other custom automotive sites are out there that compare to this one? I haven't seen any.
    If things that people post are interesting and inspire us or make us appreciate other styles of cars, planes, buildings or whatever, it makes this site better and more worth while than a site that is strictly devoted to a small groups "ideals".

Pre 64' is retarded and stifles the board.

24. Spike!

Spike!

It doesn't stifle the board, it makes it what it is. Traditional Hot Rods and Customs. Get it, or get out.

Spike

25. dirt

dirt

no i didn't complain because i never looked at them. and to answer you question yes your 66 does not belong. you fucking newbies crack me up. you come here for a month and think you can break the rules and you think you have the right too. all i did was point out that this is not the right website for what you posted. what is so fucking hard to understand? READ THE FUCKING RULES!!!!!!!!! they are posted for a reason. by the way its not whining, we are trying to keep this place what it is suppose to be, a TRADITIONAL HOT ROD AND CUSTOM site. if you want to post off topic cars go to another website. if you dont agree with it then either get lost or pm ryan and ask him if you can post 70 cuda's on here im sure you already know the answer. im done, you guys will never get it.

26. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I love Mopars..In Fact I have a 68 Charger in my Garage..Ive never posted it here or asked questions about it here.
    Nice collection..if i had 1/4 of this dudes money I would burn all of mine.(small fire).but the title to this thread should have O/T in it
    and it seems you and your friend need to get a room together

27. dirt

dirt

28. J CRUZ

J CRUZ

ooooo get it or get out.
    Good one.

Funny, Ryan posts amazing threads that have nothing to do with traditional rods and customs except for their inspirational value. I'm not the one who doesn't get it.

That "newbie" shit is a crock as well. The "newbie" posted a bad ass link to some of the most inspirational stuff I've seen. If it hadn't been on here, a ton of us never would have known about it.

29. dirt

dirt

here, i fixed it for you.
    so by your logic posting 2009 corvettes is totally fine as long as they are bad ass. trust me you dont get what this website is about. like i said, if your so sure you are right pm ryan and ask him if you can post pics of 70 cuda's. i dare you. but im sure you wont.

30. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Loved the wild and unique vintage collection in those photos.

Nice stuff. Thanks for posting.