Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures What's your Favorite Car Chase/Rum Runner Movies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38plymouth, Oct 21, 2008.

1. power58

power58

Blues Brothers #1 cop tires, cop shocks, a 440 Plant
    Smokey and the Bandit #1 "The Germans aint got nothin to do with it"
    Hooper Jet Assist T/A or early Nitrous system
    Gator Good soundin Ford
    Wendal Scott story (not sure of real title) Cool early NASCAR Stuff
    Richard Pryor, Jeff Bridges, lot of Red Neck extras, good Cameo shot of Sun Electric Iignition Scope waveform of a racing car engine.

2. Buckle

Buckle

I have never heard of that movie, awesome 70's chase! I absolutely love the 4 bbl whale on those squad cars!

3. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

My favorite recent flick is "deathproof ". Good ol Kurt Russell Goes B-movie and kicks ass in this one. the girls are smokin hoties . anything from grindhouse is the shit man

I love "Bullit" with Steve Mcqueen even though the car he drives is a ford mustang

"Christine" is pretty bad ass from the 70's horror king carpenter

4. white64

white64
    from Maine

I watched California Kid last night, hadn't seen it in years... it's not a bad movie, but someone should put a better soundtrack to it! It was supposed to be in 1958 but the music is some gawd-awful synthesized/Charlies Angels TV show style crap form the 70's. It kills the movie! Someone should put some 58 rock and roll into it. It would be a much better movie.. The right music was one of the reasons American Graffitti did so well. "Kid" has some decent actors in it, Sheen, Nolte and (his name escapes me right now) the guy who got his head chopped off by a helicopter while filming another movie.

5. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

little bit off topic but still relating to this thread, what about rum runner songs? i was listening to Steve Earle and was thinking what a great song copperhead road is. you can see his granddaddy starting up that old dodge to make the shine run, he has a great way with words and song writing. started the song with those old bagpipes, really paints a great picture

6. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

hell ya! he wrote a video for the song and it's a rum runner video with the dodge and all!! this just became one of my all time favorite videos!! grandad hauling ass in that dodge drinking shine lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dc86_Weoye0

7. detroitboy27

detroitboy27
    from katy, tx

corvette summer- mark hamill, kinda cheezy but has a barris vette (very 80's style)

banzai runner- dean stockwell, saw it as a kid, and a usa version of the dvd new is like 50 bucks on evilbay. So I can't say how good it is. I do remeber a pantera and a lambo miura(sp)

the chase- has the guy from the "fall guy tv show" in it. very rare

the wraith- charlie sheen guy comes back from the dead with an awsome car to kill a street racer gang, 80's movie

the new dukes of hazard movie - I liked it

the junkman- same guy that did the original gone in 60 seconds

no mans land- charlie sheen is a porsche thief

gumball ralley

speedzone- aka cannonball run 3

cannonball - with david caradine

death race - 2000 - never really like it personally

the new death race

redline- came out a year or two ago, B movie but alot of exoctic cars

Burnt rubber - 4 dvd's 20 car movies lots of movies from the 50's

greased lightning - nascar movie about the first african american driver forget his name.

8. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Georgia Peaches and Dirty Mary Crazy Larry , Vanishing Point..( <---the original version ) Moonshine County Express

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fu_thvXc2Ag&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fu_thvXc2Ag&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  9. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

hey can anyone identify the year of that beauty in the video?

10. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

The original Gone in 60 Seconds

11. "THUNDER ROAD" by Robert Mitchum is far and away my favorite. Also have the 45 record he did of the Thunder Road song back in '62.:D
    (Have the movie on both VHS and DVD)
    It was filmed about 30 miles north of where I live.

12. SteadyT

SteadyT

Death Proof
    The Blues Brothers
    Vanishing Point
    Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry

13. SteadyT

SteadyT

Oh, and someone told me I should watch 'THE CANNONBALL RUN', and it totally sucked...

14. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Don't forget Richie Havens (Of Woodstock Fame)!

I'd have to say...

Vanishing Point (Original)
    Smokey and The Bandit (Original)
    Death Proof
    Mad Max
    Highwaymen (Recent movie, worth checking out)
    Gone in 60 Seconds (Original)

15. bigtumtum

bigtumtum

Bulletproof driving the old red truck :D

16. king of the mountian!

17. To Live and Die in L.A.

18. KIRK

KIRK

Thunder Road

19. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Vanishing Point (the original), Dirty Mart Crazy Larry, Blues Brothers, Eat My Dust with Ron Howard, Convoy

20. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

And Hot Rods to Hell

21. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

vanishing point. 100%

22. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

what about moonshine highway [​IMG]

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you have to host off of a site,it looks like you are trying to host the picture off of your hard drive.

24. 2-TONED

2-TONED

yes what is the name of that movie?!!
    the neighbor rearends the nomad......

25. May Pop,
    Right on there! Duel was one great movie. Dennis Weaver, great actor as well!

26. A-Bomb

A-Bomb

This is not a car chase movie, but super interesting to car nuts.. It is a documentary that I believe was called " Americas love affair with the Automobile". It had tons of old car advertising footage as well as info about moonshiners, etc, etc. I saw it several years ago on a vhs tape a friend had.

27. Greased Lightning is the name of the movie about Wendell Scott, which takes some pretty good liberties with the actual story.

28. 2-TONED

2-TONED

OUTRAGE 1973 with Robert Culp. thats the one they rear end the nomad.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msQDaf6hwZI
    heres a clip. NOMAD, customized Ranchero & SS camaro.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  29. socalmerc

socalmerc
    from socal

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QvKS68Zcac&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1QvKS68Zcac&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uEUSDL7QXw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uEUSDL7QXw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

30. A-Bomb

A-Bomb

My Mistake, The documentary was called "Driving Passion: Americas Love Affair With The Car". It was a four part series Aired in 1995 by Turner Home Entertainment.