Register now to get rid of these ads!

Santa Maria '09

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sanford&Son, Jan 25, 2009.

1. theladylux

theladylux

Just an FYI--
    Solvang/Buellton is pretty close too....and they've got lots of hotels there.

2. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Really, where did they have it? They moved the Paso Robles show to Santa Maria last year.

3. cruzr

cruzr

not so........when i checked out last year i just re-newed my reservation for this year......i have a conformation letter from them . i am arriving Thursday and leaving on Monday:D

4. irace2win41

irace2win41

Best I can remember one was held in the grass where the british car days was held and another I believe was at the fairgrounds. Do you think I'm shooting you the bull? :confused: When I was there, to feed our car cravings, we would make the track to Pomona for the swap meets. Santa Maria was a life time ago. At that time I still had my 30 highboy and was playing with kit cars also.

You guys are rough!! :eek:

5. sickboy713

sickboy713
    from oildale

when did you live in SM? i lived there from '61 to '89 LOL i grew up there.

6. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

Yeah, Paso was great

7. John Denich

John Denich

TIRE PROS Presents
    Chevy/GMC Truckin' Nationals
    Chevy Times Western Regionals
    Spring Automotive Swapmeet
    Santa Maria Fair Park, Santa Maria, CA
    March 18, 19, 20, 2005
    More Information

This is what your talking about huh!

8. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Oh no, not at all. I was just wondering where they would have had it.

9. irace2win41

irace2win41

I was stationed at Vandenberg AFB from 90-94 and retired. Did my first stint at Vandenberg in 84. Lived at 758 Blake St for a couple of years then moved to Palm Court Dr. Really miss central California. Had a rare opportunity to meet Chip Foose while I was there. Neat guy. Very, very fond memories. Although mine isn't as good as it used to be. :D

Rod

10. 1LOWCHIEF

1LOWCHIEF

They used to hold an annual World of Wheels show at the fairgrounds, in the early 90's.

11. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

Goodguys used to have shows at the fairgrounds in the early 90's...My pop used to take me all the time.
    And for awhile they used to hold the North-South F-100 run there too.
    Also Mini truck shows and tons Lowrider Shows
    This is Cali but, we are central Coast and everyone here is a lil hick so don't forget the countless Motocross,Freestyle,Monster Truck,Mud bogs,Tough Truck,Demolition,Jet Car goodness that has always gone down at the fairgrounds.
    In the mid 90's there was a lot of cruising on broadway propelled by the lowrider boom but I remember seeing a shit load of old gassers,pro streets,street rods, and a few kustoms and hot rods make the strip with the Cholos...I've lived in this area all my life and santa Maria will always be in my mind the biggest car guy town in the Santa Barbara county.

I'm glad that WCK is showing in SM now because It will awaken the classic car community that has slept since imports and 20 inch rims on suvs became popular.
    You can almost Garauntee that there is some form of classic car on almost every street in SM. Santa Barbara and Lompoc have a lot of lurkers aswell.

12. elanore56

elanore56

i have been going to paso for years now, and went last year to santa maria. this year i'm bring the car. can't wait ill be alot of fun. i hear they are closing the main street and having a cruze.

13. hellisterrodder

hellisterrodder
    BANNED
    from Hollister

Hey whats up dave its Romero from hollister:D

14. concreteman

concreteman

Was a great show last year ,will be there again

15. battersea boys

battersea boys
    from surrey

"saint M" 09 cool......................

16. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also grew up there caint wait to get back.. best thing to happen to that town ever...

17. sherrys55caddy

sherrys55caddy

You know anything about the Hoiday Motel...Its on S Broadway 2 bloks from the Santa Maria Inn

18. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Most the hotels on broadway are pretty jacked up... Look at it this way hopefuly youll be having so much fun at the show and just hanging out you will only go to the hotel to sleep..

19. randingo8

randingo8
    Member Emeritus

Anybody need a room? I have a couple of rooms at the Motel 6 that are available. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. Thanks, Randy

20. randingo8

randingo8
    Member Emeritus

I still have one room available at Motel 6 in Santa Maria. If anybody wants it, it's yours. Just let me know at [email protected] The Rate is $52.00 per night, It's available Thur, Fri & Sat nights. One room w/ 2 Full size Beds.
    Thanks,
    Randy

21. rockabilly-medic

rockabilly-medic

Randingo8, check your e-mail about your room.

Thanks Robert

22. 5wbomber

5wbomber
    BANNED

whats the deal with the run friday?? im goin from snata maria, to los alamos to casmalia and back. lemme know if anyone is doing it...?? its fun little drive

23. RocketGirl

RocketGirl

We plan on doing it, dont know which cars yet.

24. 31Coupe.com

31Coupe.com

Hello everyone . I don't post much but to me this is cool. my car isn't done yet but I will have a booth at the West Coast Kustoms Show in Santa Maria. Come by and visit Im in the Convention Building "31Coupe.com". You don't need to buy anything just come by and say Hello to a fellow H.A.M.B.'er. P.S. Hamb members get 5% off

25. cruzr

cruzr

the countdown is on for me. Got 32gals new roadster all ready and we are leaving at the butt crack of dawn Thursday. see ya all there!!

26. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

Visalia, Fresno caravan to Santa Maria

<HR style="COLOR: #e5e5e5; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #e5e5e5" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title -->
    <!-- message -->What's up guys, here we go again, if any one who wants to join us, we are meeting in Visalia at the Savemart/Burgerking/Kmart parking lot corner of demaree and mineralking, meeting there at 7:30 am friday, leaving at 8:00 am, also stopping in Lemoore, corner of 198 and 41, just north of the 41 there is a shell station, and ,meeting some friend's from Fresno at 9:00 am, if any one wan'ts to meet us either location your welcome . if u have any question pm me thanks :cool:

27. gr8ness13

gr8ness13
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I doubt that ill catch up leaving Sac at 7:30ish.... I got kids so im sure we will be dragging along..

28. PRIMERDAVE

PRIMERDAVE

Hay Romero...whats cracking...you going to Santa Maria....talk to Ky...we are meeting at the Carls Jr E Market in Salinas on Friday 9am picking up another group in paso around noon.....

29. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

Hey why haven't you joined the Central valley HAMB group

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=145

Post this on there. I started a Santa Maria roll call thread.
    How's Ivanhoe Joe? He riding shotgun again? _Trout

30. mopedcouple

mopedcouple

Can't wait to see you guys, start rolling into town tomorrow. I saw a couple of cars roll in today. Have a safe trip everyone