Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Wheelkid. You rule. And I don't care who knows it.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dreddybear, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

My dad was in a wheel buying mood recently and I demanded he get them from Rally America (Wheelkid on the HAMB). He decided on the 15" artillerys they have. So he called them up and asked if they would make a little bit different offset than normal. Sure. That was like 5 days ago. They showed up today.:eek: Let me wrap my head around this... He called them up and asked for custom offset wheels. Jimmy MUST have built them the same or next day because you have to allow at least three days to box, ship and deliver four wheels across the country. I'm just amazed. Thanks to Wheelkid for impressing the HELL out of my dad.

Anyone reading this that is in the market for wheels, or needing to modify stock wheels, don't hesitate. THEY WILL TREAT YOU RIGHT! They treat Hamb'ers with absolute respect. Rock on guys.

www.rallyamerica.com

2. Crease

Crease

Too cool!

Pics???

3. Lee_ATx

Lee_ATx
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can second that. I got mine from Wheelkid and I couldn't be happier with my wheels or the way I was treated.

4. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

No pics yet, he's gonna get them powdercoated and mount the new WWW from Coker (Also Rules).

5. I have bought 6 artillary wheels from these guys and they are the nicest guys around and very easy going...great wheels at a great price (get your Alliance memberships guys) and great service...thumbs up

6. ct

ct
    from minnesota

I got mine from Rally America as well. The rear set of rims had a custom offset. They were built, shipped, and I had them in a week. Nothing but good things to say about them.

7. Customikes

Customikes
    from SoCal

Thanks for the heads up.

Needed some trim ring help and there it is.

Love this place

Mike

www.Customikes.com

8. Da' Bomb

Da' Bomb

Nothing but praise for the guy's. They've always done me right.
    Pat

9. silversink

silversink

Does he polish old mags? I got 2-8s&2-6s of the 15" Keystones I need worked over some day

10. pictures so we can get excited with you too.

11. movingviolation

movingviolation

Wheelkid did my wheels for me and the service was A+ and the shipping price to canada was El Cheapo!!!!!!!!

They put a new meaning on service...

12. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

Another thumbs up for Jimmy and Rally America.
    It's nice to know in this day and age that there are still people that care about quality and customer service.

13. bucs012

bucs012
    from Iowa

I ordered my chromed 15x12" steelies from him this week after reading not so good things about Stockton. I didn't see the 15x12 on the site so figured they didn't make them. Called Jimmy and he said they can fire up a set for me, no problem. offset of 5.0 one side and 4.5 on the other. No problem. 3 weeks due to chrome. Not bad. Can snap pictures and post when delivered.

14. 39 sledge

39 sledge
    from p.a.

i,ll be calling them soon on a set on a project in my shop right now.

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Im calling them today! Thanx!!

ian

16. bucs012

bucs012
    from Iowa

Jimmy just called me to clerify something on my order to make 100% sure we're all good. Hell, I could not even get many wheel making co's to even call me to GIVE THEM MY MONEY!

17. seldom scene

seldom scene

I bought a set of hubcaps, they told me it would take about a week, got them in 3 days ! Nothing but good business from them, Thanks Rally America !

18. LUCIFR

LUCIFR
    from Seattle

wheelkid and rallyamerica are are above and beond 1st class!!

19. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Yep, 100% concur. I've bought 2 1/2 sets of wheels through them. Perfect everytime, delivered FASTER than promised. No disappointments..

20. HotRod33

HotRod33

Nice to hear about an honest business that has a good product.....

21. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Over the past couple of days I've been researching into O.E. stale chrome rims for my '62 Fairlane. After mainly hearing negatives about Stocktons, I'm glad povertyflats mentioned Rally America (wheelkid) to me. You guys sound awesome, and now that I'm an Alliance member - I can't wait to leave my own positive feedback!

Good Job Guys!
    Tom - Glass_Packs

22. bucs012

bucs012
    from Iowa

I wish I could be like some of you other guys and get my presents early;) My wheels are still running on time. I ordered mine from Jimmy just short of 3 weeks ago. I will post pics of them right out of the box.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
  23. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I guarantee it's due to the chrome shop. Most chrome shops will give you a time frame, which you pass on to the customer. Unfortunately when the chromer lags it looks bad on you. Give Jimmy a call, I'm sure he's on top of it. But it looks like they're still on sched.

24. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Gary and Jimmy are the best period--have bought many wheels over the years--always top notch

25. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i just had tour of their place and was blown away by the great wheels they were making!

top notch stuff