Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 22 Roadster PU Makeover

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Suave's Buick, Dec 28, 2008.

1. No doubt. Mentioned earlier but it's hard to imagine what this body started from. They were not even the same body halves. :eek::D

Before
    Culbertson truly took a pile of nothing and make one hell of a slick roadster pick up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After
    Brian and Jeff then refined this to such an incredible level that it's just mind boggling.

[​IMG]

2. Love the color! Can't wait to see the finished product...love this car

3. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Snowing like a mother today... Body was delivered to the upolstery shop today!
    all other parts are at 30G waiting for re-assembly on wednesday. Voodoochili droped the floors off today also, they will be droped in with the interior. Buuba snapped a shot of the floors that he'll post later today. Just a tast of whats to come!!!
    [​IMG]

4. Oooo yeah. Completely different RPU this go around. Gonna be sharp fo sho. We'll get the headlights on and wired up along with the engine compartment wiring first. Pop in the radiator, hook up hoses, etc... might be fired and running before ya know it. I heard the floor boards were bad to the bone! :)

5. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Are ya sitting down ????? The wood dude has out did himself....he may have a woodie from all this ...............:eek::D

[​IMG]
    Excuse the focus there was ice on the lense...........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats snow in the cab for you west coast dudes...........

6. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

That looks great.

7. JackdaRabbit

JackdaRabbit
    from WNC

Nice build thread. Love this RPU.
    One question: I've been thinking about those Rocket valve covers for my SBC, too. I don't see an early style fill tube and wonder what you're doing for fill and crankcase vent?
    Thanks

8. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

We'll have to post pictures for you when we get that done, Hopefuly this week. If I understood correctly... where the breather tube normally goes will be come the fill tube. and the vent will be drilled out at the rear of the manifold. and a custom piece will be put in. Once one of the shop GURU's reads this, the may correct me. but will definatly post pics of that for you.

9. noodle9000

noodle9000

That looks great Voodoo! Can't wait to see it in person. Once the body gets to the shop we'll have to take a break from work to sit around and drool over it for a while!

10. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

Lindross is hard at work getting all the wiring tucked nice and neet. We have all the pieces in the shop just waiting on the body to return. Mocked up the truck bed also
    (Bubba took a few shots of that). Bubba also got the mainfold all vented and resealed for the Olds style valve covers. I'm looking forward to Saturday...
    [​IMG]

11. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

man those floors look sweet ! reminds me of my old pul out cutting board in my kitchen !

12. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Here what i did to the intake. In the rear section of the manifold find a section that will clear the intake runner and enter the oil galley below the intake. In my case i made sure to NOT interfere with the distributor etc and stayed way to the furtherest point from the intake hole. I used a thread in GM pcv valve from the parts tore and made up a aluminum oil shield ( to prevent oil from direct contact with pcv. I epoxyed thsi aluming box to the lower side of intake manifold. Picture showes the pcv valve painted to match intake and this will plum into carb fitting. Front oil fill will be used for intake air vent and oil fill.

[​IMG]

13. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

14. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Another wed night ............................

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

16. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

Wow! That looks great in the new color.

17. bct

bct

its a pleasure to see a hot rod reach its full potential....

18. The pix are a bit fuzzy but from what I can tell those floors must look super sweet in person

19. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

This thing is no joke! That floor looks awesome (wish I could see it better... damn ice...;)) Can't wait to see it all back together!

20. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Wow, how did I miss this for nearly a month?! Looking real good. It will be like a wholenew car this summer!

21. chaddilac

chaddilac

You can also run an early intake with the filler spout/breather in the front?

Looks great guys, I dig the new colors!!!

22. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

tHATS WHAT WE ARE DOING , I JUST HAVENT PUT IT IN THE INTAKE YET. WAITING ON THE DICKSTER TO SHIP ME ONE....

23. what happens if you run it without the pcv and just the front filler tube ?

24. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I ran without the PCV for a while, and it lived fine, but you get allot of oil mist out of the front of the oil tube. Once I installed the PCV in the back of my intake it has really decreased the amount of mist out of the tube, and onto my windshield. The valve also helps remove internal vapors that I have heard are not the best for the engine, but I cannot say if that is true or not. I am sure Bubba will set us straight.

I still put sweat bands over my breather cap especially on long highway trips to help prevent any oil mist from escaping.

25. I've noticed you do that too. Are those anything special, or just any ol sweatband from a clothing store? The roadster get's a little mist out on a hot summer day on a long trip.

26. Gator

Gator

I remember first seeing it and meeting you guys at the Hunnert last year - very cool ride Suave...

27. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

They are actually wrist bands. I buy them at Wal mart or Meijer, usually found in the sporting goods section between the tennis balls and athletic supports. I buy the Cheapie .99 cent per pair ones, but I am sure mike will need the ones with the Nike logos. They seem to last quite a while, and then I just toss it and put on another. I tried washing one once, and it wasn't worth screwing with it.

I once came home from Bubba's one time and found that mine had been replaced by one with a big smiley face on it. I wont name any names, but I thank a guy named Wally done it!

28. Suave's Buick

Suave's Buick

NO! Reebok is in my contract...

29. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

man i can't get over that color i love it !

30. Double Bass

Double Bass
    from Lebanon

I can't get enough of this truck! :D