Register now to get rid of these ads!

History I now have my dream car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Diablo, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Hi all...Last Saturday I was at the Melbourne Hot Rod Show and with my pick up for its first outing with the Scallops and it was a huge hit... I go for a little walk as you do and in the distance I see the coupe...I walk up to it and saw a sign on the window and did a little prey hoping it wasn't there Barbie doll collection for sale or something..I walk up and it said 1953 Chevy Coupe for sale...My eyes started to water....(make fun of me I dont care) I rang the number and the guy came out side and a deal was done..Its now in my shop waiting for the touches of the Kustom godz to do there thing.... I went on for a bit then didn't I !!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gold5000000

gold5000000

I love the white and blue on the truck!

3. Spot_remover

Spot_remover

I like the coupe.

4. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Cool truck! Nice 53 fine as well! Whats the plans for the 53?

5. Nice.............

6. I want to do a 50's style Kustom to it..no air bags just have it scraping on the ground remove the over riders, door handles, some of the stainless and deck the hood, some frenching...and a CQQL paint job... I will go the green and white but add some scallops and a flake pearl roof...twin carb the six and dress it up with some nice cloths....The interior is mint orig green...
    Oh I F%$&*G love my truck....
    I love it so much....Oh and its a power glide as well which Is way cool....

7. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's no coupe, that's a hardtop! Whatever you call it, great car. I really think '53-'54 models are the pinnacle of '50s car design.

-Dave

8. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

I must agree! I have a '54 and now I'm thinking your '53 is cooler! Very neat car, and cool hardtop. I originally bought my post coupe '54, thinking I liked the lines a little better than the hardtops. But now I think it's the other way around...!

9. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Crap, I must reply again...I think the '53 looks fantastic exactly how it sits in your photos. I like the original feel of that car!

10. pinstripebob

pinstripebob
    from Carmel, IN

Damn, someone else has the same dream car as me! Awesome car dude!

11. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

those cars make great kustoms,,i said it before,,but i love your truck,,,i know the car will come out great judging by the outstanding job you did on your truck,,

12. Thanks Guys for all the nice feed back... I do like them as an original hard top but they do make the best Kustom on the ground...not going to chop the roof...

13. 21tat

21tat

That 53 has mucho potential! Love it.

14. 64Olds

64Olds

your truck is GORGEOUS!!!! and congrats on getting your dream car, my car now is a 64 olds starfire but, my dream car is a 1958 plymouth fury aka christine haha, hopefully i come across one some day.

Congrats man! cant wait to see the 53 done :D

15. There is a car God.......I have to many customers cars I am working on so I will be just driving the 53 for a while and do things to it as I go...I still have my 54 Cad Convertible I am half way through to do to...I love cars....

16. very cool,cant wait to see how it turns out

17. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Love the truck...esp dig the 53...I've always wanted a hrdtp one...Seeing how the truck turned out i can only imagine how the 53 is going to be..Nice job on both!!

18. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Kudos on the truck and the '53. Looks almost too nice to mess with :eek::eek::eek:

When they were first designing the '55 Chebbies they had a test mule that had a 55 Chevy doghouse on a 54. With the rear fender bulges and the 55 nose it was bad-ass.

Just a thought for your '53.

19. PoPo

PoPo

what is it about guys with white trucks that DROOL over 53/54 chevys. I had a 53 chevy and wish I still had it. It was so nice, I was stupid to sell it. Oh well, live and learn. Im currently looking for a 54, love the grill better than the 53, and I'm shooting for the same type of custom, late 50s shaved/decked and slammed!! great minds think a like.

The truck looks awesome too, seems like everything is falling in place for ya!

20. raffman

raffman

Congrats on the score Arty. I remember you looking at those when you were here.
    Hard top makes it even better. I'm no expert on those years but isn't it a 54 with a one piece windsheild?
    You must have drooled over Ron's chevy!!!!

21. Sweet ride man, such a rarity to get a hardtop in australia. I am sure it will be a beaut custom judging by your truck.

22. Ive seen this thing up close and man, its a sweet sweet original HT, I cant wait to see some magic performed on her.

Its almost TOO nice to mod, but hey, it ain't my ride and if it was, I probably wouldnt last either, Id have to break out the mods too haha !!

That unmuffled six with a Clifford dual and Fenton headers x 1 3/4" pipes is really gonna rap thru those pencil tips !!

Right Arty?

Rat

23. PASTDUEBILL

PASTDUEBILL

I like the truck, it's radical.
    Exercise restraint on the coupe. Keep it milder than the truck. Subtle changes. My 2 cents.

24. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I really like your scallop job on the truck. Perfect. My bro just moved to Melbourne from Detroit, so we hope to be able to visit there in the next couple of years. I'm saving up my pennies!

Not prattle on, but he has a '67 Caddy DeVille convert here, and I tried to talk him into shipping it over, rather than a container full of his furniture. His new employer had pretty attractive reimembursement amount for moving expenses, I thought he'd be better off shipping than car, and buying furniture there (you guys set on sofas too, no?) but he wanted his own stuff. I thought the car would have been more fun than a sleeper sofa, and probably be the only one there!

On the plus side, I can use it if I want to, along with his '63 Coupe DeVille, so I guess I won't complain.:D

Brian

25. Joe T Creep

Joe T Creep
    Member Emeritus

Both look great. Cant wait to see the work done on the coupe.
    Also, you gotta love a guy that actually tears up over a car. I know I do sometimes.

26. OK, my 2 cents worth..........it is really hard to find complete, original cars that are in good shape. Now, if you want to split the exhaust, add dual or triple carbs, etc. You need to check out using a 235, if it still has the 216. Also if you want to nose an deck it along with frenched in headlights, just keep your trip pieces and label them very clearly in a box and KEEP IT!!!!!!! I also like rolled and pleated seats, and door panels.....white and whatever color you use on the body.....but that is just me. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

your truck flatout rocks!! cant wait to see what you do with the chevy!!!!!!!!!!

28. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

I gotta clear up a couple misconceptions I'm seeing here about '53 and '54 Chevrolets. First, '53 and '54 cars both have one-piece windshields, the last year for the center bar was 1952. Second, 1952 was also the last year for the 216 - '53 and '54 Chevrolets all used 235s whether they were standard shift or Powerglide.

The main way I tell '53s and '54s apart is the grille. The '53 has those pseudo-Dagmar things in the ends of the grille, where as the '54 is more toothy and has rectangular parking lamps.

[​IMG]
    1954 Chevrolet Bel Air

-Dave

29. awesome truck...scallops look sweet and I dig the skirts...nice score on the 53...my first car was a 54 belair and I am on the lookout for another one

30. that truck is very nice!