Register now to get rid of these ads!

Vintage minibikes

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by INJUNTOM, Jul 7, 2006.

1. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

my little aurathetic has some history, it belonged to BD maule of Maule aircraft, he was supposed to have ridden it some in the seventies, then it got abandoned and beat up in a hanger. I saved it from the dumpster. heavy bugger too. ran on two deep cycle batteries and they are supposed to hit 30

2. steven Ray Durham

steven Ray Durham

Hello: I know your post about an Indian was a long time ago but your name and the fact that I was an Indian dealer in 1972 through 1974 and met Steve McQueen one time at a Mini Cycle race in California I was selling raffle tickets for a Indian SE-74 at the race track where his Son Chad McQueen and Daughter Terri McQueen were there to race that day. My rider was also on the Indian race team. As it happens to be I have a very nice Indian SE-74 hanging from the rafters of my garage (Floor space Issues ) I live in Portland, Oregon Send me an e-mail if you are still looking for a Indian.
    Steve

3. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you might want to pm him or email also, hope this works out would be worthy of an entire story here when all said and done

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

here's what mine should look like when done, little bit different, but unique because there are so few left. these were all steel other then the plastic covers. they are supposed to hit 30. were totally street legal. mine is complete except for a couple of small pieces, even has the original mirror. these are so hard to get parts for,that each one has usually been customized by it's owner out of need to keep it going. mine is a 72 also, these were made in Cali,there was also a three wheeler. and every one was orange!! [​IMG]

5. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

My first motorcycle was an early 70's Indian Mini (MM5) dirtbike my Dad got me when I was 6. Like an idiot I sold it to a neighbor when I outgrew it!

I'd like to get one of these 3 someday:

1. Another Indian Mini 50cc

2. Harley Shortster

3. 69- 72 Honda Mini Trail

6. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

Put a 125 Lifan on mine, bike looks stock but does 65+mph..............yahoo!, doing another CT70 with a streched swingarm and a 140CC. Going for 90mph.......

Dave

7. guffey

guffey

He[​IMG]re is a rupp dart cycle

8. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I built this one in my back yard when I was 10. I had no more than a hammer, screwdriver, crescent wrench, hack saw [with a dull blade] ,hand drill with a couple bits and a whole lot of imagination. It was fine with the 4hp on it but when I got hold of a 12hp and a torque converter it turned into a hand full when you hit the throttle hard.

Attached Files:

9. steven Ray Durham

steven Ray Durham

Hi Lostforawhile : One of these all electric bikes showed up on Portland,s Craigslist for $135.00 about 6 mo ago. But I was one call too late and it looked like it was all there except for the two Batteries. Did some internet looking and was impressed with the video's about the bike. Good luck with your parts search
    Steve

10. butch27

butch27

Hijack: I've got an old 1945 Simplex (beautiful frame an rims) Anyone know anything about these? It is taller than a Mini- bike and has 26" tires ??

11. Algon

Algon

I'm not sure what this one is yet but I picked it up anyway because of the front and rear suspension. The front end was chrome originally and it looks like the frame may have been too but I'll have to strip it down to tell...

Attached Files:

12. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

here are a couple from my stable. The very fast 125cc CT70, and can anyone ID this mini?

Dave

Attached Files:

13. thirty7slammed

thirty7slammed
    BANNED
    from earth

Here's my latest progress on the lil scooter, got the motor mount and the jack shaft made, the jack shaft is all independent from the rear wheel adjustment, everything is fabbed up but the gas tank, I've got a piece of 4" dia stainless for the tank, anyway here's some pics of my version of a Taco mini 22 with a 500 series Power Bee engine, Kintucky style:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]
    More later,
    Billy

14. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Here's a pic of the one I picked up from Big Kev. I just pulled this pic from his albums.

I got it running last week and, hopefully, I'll get it stopping right tomorrow.

Does anybody know what make or model it is?

Attached Files:

15. steven Ray Durham

steven Ray Durham

I looks like a Heathkit Hilltopper, but it has a different front end. Check out pictures on minidoodle.com
    Steve

16. mow too much

mow too much

Here's a picture of the one I fixed up for my #1 son. I made a mistake and put a 5 horse on it, it was fun for me though.

Attached Files:

17. porsche930dude

porsche930dude

got my cat finished up
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

I was just about to ask about this. The whole bike is electric?

19. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Thanks, it does look like the Hilltopper except the front is different. I cleaned up the front brake and got it running today. Says "Made In Japan" inside the brake drum with a Suzuki "S" logo. Who knows what it came off of. I will say that the front brake only and turning in the dirt and leaves is "interesting".

20. Brendan1959

Brendan1959

Dont you guys have to go to work? Thats a cool bike.

21. butch27

butch27

That kind of looks like my '45 Simplex. Just a little, it's sheave drive.

22. steven Ray Durham

steven Ray Durham

When I was young my Dad brought home a Service Cycle that was belt drive. He had used that many years before back in the 1940's when the family had a garage in Glendale, California.
    My Dad said he rode that Service cycle from Glendale down to San Diego, California in those days that was on old Highway 101 and a very long way to ride a motorized bike. It didn't stay around for long but I did like to pretend ride it. Steve

23. butch27

butch27

I'm adding a bigger springer and engine on mine. Fun little piece of History.

24. rtomss

rtomss

Adults only minibike! It already has on knee surgery on it (not mine....beer and too much power got the best of him)....6.5hp!

Attached Files:

25. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

A buddy of mine just gave me this one. Can anyone tell me what this poor, unfortunate thing used to be? Someone has welded bicycle front fork tube onto it (among other things). I'd like to try to bring it back from the brink. Any clues?

[​IMG]

26. johnboy13

johnboy13

Here's mine, I'm not sure what it is. I enjoy it though.

[​IMG]

27. Dan

Dan

here are mine...
    [​IMG]

can anyone i.d. this??? the one pictured above???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and PLEASE let me know if you've got one of these for sale!

[​IMG]

28. alsancle

alsancle

It's a early 70s Rupp Roadster. When I was 12 years old I walked 4 miles after dinner to a friends house and then pushed one just like it minus the engine the 4 miles home. I think I paid 25.00. Put a 5 hp Techumseh on it and it flew. Originally I think they had 4hp.

29. Its a''bird''frame

30. bigdumbhead

bigdumbhead
    from marshvegas

that looks sick. someone moved the pegs far back and added what looks like a foot shifter to operate the scrub brake. lovin the drop down bars. a home built landspeed racer!