Register now to get rid of these ads!

StreetRods not HAMB freindly???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jmh, Jan 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmh

jmh

I have a 39 Ford Tudor that I built in the early 90s. I know it is not HAMB freindly right now (some billet..colors..wheels) but I plan a redo for next (2010) year. When done (new wheels..suede paint.. no billet) it will still be a street rod?:confused: Or Hot Rod?:confused: HAMB freindly?? I DO NOT want to start a flame just curious!!:eek: Thanks in advance!!:D:D John

2. Mattilac

Mattilac

Post up a pic of your car now. Maybe we can photoshop it to what you'd like to see!

3. JLasvegas

JLasvegas
    from Skin city

first off build it so your happy, screw what someone else thinks, what one person considers a streetrod another considers a hot rod.
    there are alot of cars on here that people are calling traditional and they are no where near a traditional hot rod based mostly on stance

4. There are many guys here on the HAMB that their cars are borderline. But that doesn't matter to most of the Members. I don't think the car you drive or build should determine whether you belong here or not. It should be more about what kind of car you like,etc. The guys who usually get "FLAMED" are the ones who ask questions like "Ratrod this or that" and post pic's of their NON-traditional cars and builds. If you like being a HAMBer and have thick skin,don't be discouraged. There's always the "Before and After" threads. Show what you started with and the transformation. ProstockJohn's Merc is a great example...

5. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Drive it and enjoy it ...

6. And polish that billet,LOL.....

7. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Jmh- Build YOUR car. The way YOU want it.

anybody gives You anything more than good natured ribbing...fuck 'em in the neck with a pencil.

8. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I did on my old 39 Ford ...........:D

[​IMG]

9. The Shocker

The Shocker

Build it the way that suits you .Your car,your $,your time ,as long as your happy with it ,thats all that matters...

10. That's true, but it doesn't mean to say it belongs on the Hamb.

11. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

This looks like a job for the H.A.M.B. POLICE

[​IMG]

12. chevyshack

chevyshack

Belongs on the hamb? Just curious but what does H.A.M.B stand for anyways? Ive always thought of street rods as a T-bucket type car with the engine exposed. Hot rods are just about anything else.

13. Hokey ass message board

14. Man are you confused!

15. Wesley

Wesley

That is what we love about you Lux, sweet, subtle and subdued.

16. 30 Buford

30 Buford
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

17. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

build what you like, but please, please donate those three-hole wheels to the local foundry.

dj

18. chevyshack

chevyshack

I think i am. Im not a traditionalist by far. I likes what i likes. Hot rods. Street rods. Its all the same to me. I like it all. Im not really into stock looking cars. I love 60's hot rod muscle cars but show me a stock 69 camaro and id just keep walking by. Same goes for any other car. I like custom no matter if its a hot rod or street rod. Just my .02 cents.

19. HAMB 101...

Streetrod Willys

[​IMG]

HAMB friendly Willys

[​IMG]

If you can't see the difference....log off,LOL....

20. chevyshack

chevyshack

the orange willys isnt a hotrod in my book. You cant drive it. Im not into trailer queens at all.

21. Pay attention...
    It's NOT about whether you like them or not...
    It's about whether they belong on the HAMB or not!
    I like many other types of cars too.VW's,Off-road trucks,Racecars,Sportscars,etc...
    Don't think i'm trying to get you to like what I like. Just don't bring your baseball to a football game,HA HA HA!

22. chevyshack

chevyshack

Gotcha!! I was just kidding. I knew that all along......sure i did. HA!

23. The Shocker

The Shocker

Let me clear up what i said earlier ."Build it the way it suits you" ,but i can appreciate that this is a traditional site and that these guys are keeping it alive .After all i wouldnt go to the Tri-5 site and post pics and tech on a 54 or 58 (not the place for it i guess) .Thats why im a member of many sites .Depends on what mood im in ,as to which one i go too .Good luck with your hotrod ,streetrod ,whatever it is ...

24. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

STREETROD: Billet, MustangII, Tilt wheel, Air Cond., Digital, Cruise, Big Stereo, Air Bags. TRADITIONAL(HAMB friendly): None of the above.

25. daddyo

daddyo

the solo speed shop willys is not a real deal either though .

26. chevyshack

chevyshack

I see alot of cars here with airbaggs, mustand II. Thats why i joined. So i could find out how to do that to my car. (Not the mustang part. I want to stay all chevy.) I know what you mean though. This site was kinda of taken over by non traditional. But the site does say "Support us, Join the H.A.M.B alliance". No mention of styles.

27. you obviousley just dont get it

28. daveyboy56

daveyboy56

So is the Skyliner that Kirt did (the blue one with the lace paint ) A st rod? I see more customs on here then Tad Hot rods now days. So what do we have here a Custom car from or a Tad Hot Rod form. You look and see if what i say is true.
    Tad Hot Rods to me are 1900+ to a Max !940 So there you have it!

29. chevyshack

chevyshack

No..No..I guess not. You guys like flat black paint. Non chrome wheels. White walls. Mexican blanket covered seats. As little chrome as possible. Nope. Im still not getting it. Sounds like a poor mans hotrod to me. HA!!

30. Didn't mention anything about "REAL" or not! Just Traditional "STYLE". That's another arguement,HA HA HA!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.