Register now to get rid of these ads!

To cold to work in the garage! what about by you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pothole 31A, Jan 15, 2009.

1. flatblackstude

flatblackstude
    from carver, ma

I was hopin to put my engine back together over the weekend and its lookin like it's going to get worse. Looks like I need to get myself a new bullet heater, soI'll be able to feel my fingers. winter sucks

2. No mine's 63 degrees, but on the other side of that door its -20.

3. Yeah, I get dressed up like that and then it's time to pee............and I can't reach my zipper, so I undress and start over, finally give up and wait for spring.

4. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

I'm in Lexington and you're right about the nats the first week of Aug. I like the heat more than I do the cold, however. The tools get so cold I can't hold 'em.

5. Heard that it will get down to 13 tonight. Just turned off my old Montgomery-Ward gas stove after making some new bushings for the old coil-overs and came into the house. Life is good:)

6. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Ummm....65 degrees here..:)

7. Has been -40 to -50 degrees here below zero. Good time to go out to the garage. That is why we have heated shops. Plus the down time in the winter lets you get some work done on the car. Pat

8. I had to turn on the fan today, it was 75 in the shop Brrrrrrrrrr

9. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Most of us Canucks have insulated and heated garages because it is winter 10 months out of the year:D.....

10. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

It was almost to hot to wear the coveralls today. I might have to resort to wearing shorts in the garage...I think it hit 81 today.

Yeah you can hate me....;)

11. bobkatrods

bobkatrods
    from aledo tx

Took care of my shop heat problem in the cleveland area 30 years ago, moved to dallas, cold here today at 44

12. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

20 below zero here wind chill factor. Takes 20 minutes for your skin to actually freeze solid. been under the blanket with my wife for three days now........glad she's purdy He He
    fuck the garage

13. JML55

JML55

-50c with windchill this morning and they say it will be above +1c on Sunday here in Manitoba Canada.

14. modelamadman

modelamadman

Hit a high of 11 here in K.C. today. With killer wind blowin all day long.But you know what I will take that over ice covered roads any day. Yeah to cold in my garage to do a damn thing!

15. Gee

Gee
    from Australia

too hot for the shed here today! what a stinker! 41c (106f)
    lucky for me im selfemployed, so i can work at home in my underpants. haha!

16. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Woke up this morning to -36C (-33F) temps with a -52C (-62F) windchill. I can't even remember what the inside of my unheated little garage looks like. :p

17. You mean everyone doesnt have 2 foot thick walls?;)

18. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I had to go out and fix my snowthrower, which ate a drive belt yesterday. Two trips into town for parts, and 40 bucks to have the driveway plowed in case I couldn't fix it. I love Michigan...:cool:

19. kevinc

kevinc
    from highland

its been pretty cold here to about 8. got a good friend with a heated shop though:). but done time in the driveway wrapped up like the kid from the christmas story, trying to weld and grind. so hopefully gona make some progress on the gmc this weekend.

20. h0twired

h0twired
    from Winnipeg

Some of you guys really need to invest in a garage heater.

21. havi

havi

The flourescent lights in my garage don't even turn on, that's how cold it is. I'm in northern MN, so what do you expect, lol.

I did manage to get my motor mounts burnt out at work today, though...plasma tables rock!

22. poorboy

poorboy

it was 85 here today. almost had to wear pants!

23. 067chevy

067chevy

Been burning alot of wood to keep it above 60 in the shop when it below 10 degrees outside and the winds blowing 30 or better.

24. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

I'm just happy to have a garage! I'll see about insulating & heating it before next winter.

25. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Heading for single digits here too. I bring stuff inside where it's warm. Still get it done a part at a time................. Forget what she says.

Attached Files:

26. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I have one of those little boxes like Bigdad has. It was 64 degrees in my shop today, give or take a few degrees, depending on how long ago the furnace ran. Outside, it was a balmy -6F for the high temp, suppose to get to -25 tonight without wind chill. Probably not going to want to see the nat gas bill next month though. Gene

27. Frosty21

Frosty21
    from KY

Its around 0 outside right now, I think the high was probably 25 here today. I ghetto insulated my one car garage (Actual Insulated walls and ceiling, no insulated doors or footers) with plastic bags, boards, and some old styrofoam sheets on my garage door. Other day it was around 40 and I opened the door and warm air came out! Strangest thing I've ever seen. Then it was cold afterwards.

It was comfortable in there today with 3 layers of pants, 5 layers of shirts on. I think I might build a stove tomorrow.

28. wrong generation

wrong generation
    from new jersey

its was 15 degree's here today and is supose to be 4 degree's tommrow. i wonder if ill ever get to finish up the engine swap on my daily driver. im so sick of walking i want to go back to driving can some one send some warmer weather my way ?

29. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

It's all right down this way. Some days are good, some days are bad- but it's all paradise compared to the crap up there.

30. old dirt tracker

old dirt tracker
    from phoenix

this post brings back memories. i remember loosing a motor to rust stored under the bench in my shop back in kcmo because of the condensation of the heated/cold garage. 75 in phx today. yeah its hot in the summer but most every thing keeps moving and doesnt grind to a halt because of weather.