Register now to get rid of these ads!

To cold to work in the garage! what about by you?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pothole 31A, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Squablow

Squablow

Must be nice. That's 122 degrees warmer than it is here, if the news reports can be believed.

It's 80 degrees warmer inside my refrigerator than it is outside.

That's why there are no homeless people in NE Wisconsin. I don't think you'd survive more than a half an hour outside without some good protective gear.

2. ChopperX

ChopperX

it is -10 here without windchill, i am glad i have a heated shop to work in

3. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Below zero here in central IN, but my 3-car length long cement block garage is partially built into the ground with the back half actually under the house. A salamander heater heats it right up in about 20-30 minutes today.

4. Shop is warm, just too damn cold to run the 50 yards to get there.

5. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Hovered around 18 all day today in West Tennessee but at least was sunny. Bad part was the steady 10 mph wind blowing...cold went right through me. Supposed to be 3 at 6 AM.

48 Poncho

6. rick finch

rick finch

Low 70's in Sacramento today, you guys are nuts, why do you live there?:confused:

7. was about -40 this morn or sumpton, stayed home and started on tax preparations

going to be up to 10 above tomorrow and time to light the wood and fire:eek: the Knipco,can burn 5 gal of kero pretty quick:mad: it takes a while to do 2800 sq ft but got a little room:rolleyes: to work around stuff here

8. Was 0 today but will be around 60 this weekend. The strawshop was a chilly 64 when I came home so I flipped the heat on for a few minutes.

9. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

-18 deg F actual temp here in Chicago with a wind chill of -35F. Going down to -24 deg actual temp tonight. Not to mention it had snowed the previous nine days in a row here. I'd like to have a word with Al Gore !.

Ed

10. gearsforguts

gearsforguts
    from temple,pa

haha

11. MercManMario

MercManMario

Its about 5 degrees F here. Its not the cold stopping me from working in the shop...its this damn full time job!

12. chris55

chris55

Even with the heat on, it was so cold in the shop today, my air comp. wouldn't work.

13. yule16met

yule16met
    from Hudson, WI

Its -45 tonight. I usually hate my small garage but when its this cold my turbo heater will warm up the garage in 5 min. I just stand in front of the heater until I can take my jacket off and then wait for the frost on the motor to melt!!! I should take a picture one of these days of how white the motor gets because of the thick frost. My budy actually froze his hand to the jack handle and the worst part of the whole deal was our beer FROZE! had to thaw it with the propane torch to drink it.

14. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

It was 25 below when I woke up with a 40 to 50 below windchill.

now thats cold!!!

15. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Not too cold for me. I put on long underwear, a sweater, a jacket, then a muffler and another light sweater and finally a coat. Wool sox and insulated boots for my feet. Insulated leather gloves and go. installed a rear window, and cleaned up from yesterday, put all the tools back and then drove the car.

16. mackman

mackman

n w ohio going to be -11'f to night according to the news and -35'f with wind chilli. i just know phone will ring for a road call for work ( but i'm smart enough not to answer) ha ha ha!! But not the kids dam it.

17. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

14 BELOW zero right now!!! Way too cold to be in the garage.:eek:

18. az/willis

az/willis

:cool: i had to work today (outside) and was wearing shorts and a t-shirt, even broke a sweat when i was on the side of a customers house. lol

19. flatblackstude

flatblackstude
    from carver, ma

where is that "global warming"! Eveyone go outside and start spraying all the aerosol cans you have in the garage. Maybe we can get a few dgrees out of it!

20. Mike53

Mike53

I'm here in Toledo and I have a new to me motorcycle at the dealer waiting to come to my garage and its TOO DAMN COLD to go get it!Just helped my son get some heat in his truck tho,so I feel better!

21. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was 22 in the shop .Fired up the wood stove warmed up to 30. It was a good day.

22. that's funny right there!

23. I am stuck in the house with pneumonia since December 23rd, kinda why I'm on here all the time lately. I'm going batshit crazy.

24. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

I'm telling everyone don't burn wood. Burn coal we need all the green house gasses we can get.

25. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Here is one for everyone ! It's about -10 below outside ,so I turned my heat on in the garage tonight , so I can work sat. and sun. out there !!! :D I'm going to get a stack of street rod magazines out and stay warm now !!!

26. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

It's Tucson....I don't think you want to know..

Although I did 25 years in Chicago..

27. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

My neighbor is pissed now , you know with primer sprayed all over his private fence ,but I did my part :D !!!!!!

28. Rusty Kustoms

Rusty Kustoms

I woke up this morning to -31 with a -60 windchill, it is currently -24, I think our high today was -12, it is just a bit chilly here. Anything above 30 sounds like beach weather right now!

29. The Gambler

The Gambler

beeeeuuuuuutiful in sunny so-cal... sorry man..gotta love that green house effect!

30. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

You gotta love it, Here in Louisville it going down to 0 tonight, but just think by Aug. when the nats. are here it will be 95 with 80% humidity. Then we all say its too hot.