Register now to get rid of these ads!

1936 International Harvester Truck Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Powerplant, Jan 12, 2009.

1. LabRat

LabRat

Definitely a class mono ... on what was not a very powerful bike by todays standard .

Keep up the fine work ....

2. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

3. skidsteer

skidsteer

Really sorry to admit I sent one of these to the crusher many years ago. I will be watching your build, and wishing I still had mine..........................

4. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Looking great, but I think you might want to reconsider this pinion angle. Just sayin'.

[​IMG]

:D Just pullin' your chain. Looks evil! I like it.

5. Southfork

Southfork

Me too ---but before I knew what a good project an international pickup can be. I stripped the good-condition guages etc out of a mintish '35-36 international cab that was sitting out in a ravine in the boonies. Then about 12 years later when i got a decent, fairly complete '36 pi9ckup, I realized what the cab in the ravine was and went back to get the windshield and doors off of it. Sadly, in the intervening years the body had become half encased in mud, ruining most of it, including the doors. I did get the windshiled frame off of it a couple of months ago. That was no longer mint, but usable. These International pickups from the mid 30s have very nice lines and look real 'bad' when chopped right.

6. RichG

RichG

Your windshield frame looks really sharp! I'm waiting for the tech on that one. I like your truck, your choice on not chopping up the solid grille in favor of using a wrecked one showed real class. Nice wheels bubba.:)

7. I was planning on running a belt drive and doing away with the floor hump :D

8. That's an awesome build man!!!
    I see we have a similar taste in seats :D

Looking forward to see it running!!

9. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Ah, crap! Now someone's going to try that. hahahaha. Too bad you don't live around Austin. I'm tearing down an old privacy fence to put up a new one. I'll have TONS of old wood that would be perfect for your bed cover. One question for ya....How the hell did you get that truck OFF that table?

10. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

Here's one I sold a couple of years ago.Thought you might like to see it for reference,pretty much stock looking. Giz'

11. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Nice looking tr...... wait a minute! I don't see anything....:confused:

12. sololobo

sololobo

Your really doing some nice work there!! The seats and other handcrafted items are very impressive. The big ass knobby tires were hilarious on there. Keep up the xlnt. work, my buddy sold his binder last year and if I wouldn't have been so broke I would have been on it like white on rice!! Nice change from Ford or Chevy!! lottsa atta boys!!~Sololobo~

13. In person I would first show you my Hulk Hogan pose but then I would just tell you that I took it apart piece by piece.

14. 3.5 inches

15. Maybe down the road I will make one. Either of the hoods I had would have to been chopped... I think they went to a better home... someone who could just slap them on.

Great.... I pondered this for almost a year and decided not to run a hood. Now you have me thinking about it all over again...:D

16. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

One off of carnut.com that seems to have the same flavor going.
    I'm for incorporating that hood in also, but hey, I know, your ride.
    [​IMG]

17. HAHAHA sorry. I just think that the first pictures you posted with the hood and hood sides look cool. Almost no one runs a hood AND hood sides on this style truck which would make it more a unique version of a build style that is very prevelant these days.

18. I just checked out your truck... looks good.

19. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

I don't know what happened earlier...let's try this again.

Attached Files:

20. Thank you!!
    I appreciate that!!
    Wish I was as far as you are already... :rolleyes:

21. Thanks

Yea... the rear wheels/tires that came with my donor vehicle had something to be desired. The rims had a split lip design and through some research I found they are known as "widowmaker" rims. The snow tires where kind of neat for amusement. As you can see I ditched them though... I didn't want my wife to end up a widow.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  22. Bump for the heck of it.... I have been in lazy mode lately.... I could use some inspiraton to get me going on this thing again.

I do have a pair of seats done that I would be willing to sell if anyone is interested. I will probably post to the classifieds when I have more time.

23. Love those Binders, you got it just right, it's a great build.

24. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Cool Harvey. Here's a pic of a co-worker's '35. It's an awesome truck w/SBC, 700R4, 9 inch, custom bed, and ostrich interior. Started out as a fairly decent stocker found in Noth Dakota. Most of the chassis work and chop was done by yet another talented guy here at work. Not really HAMB'ish, but a binder nonetheless. Hope I do the attachment correctly - first time :(.

Attached Files:

25. Drive Em

Drive Em

I normally don't like these "Truckster" style of builds, but this one looks bada$$!!! I really like what you did, the proportions ae just right. Keep going.

26. WOW !!, I thought I was off the hook with my IH. This is COOL man,Gotta see this when its done! I'll try to follow your up dates as you go. Again thats a bad lookin ride,hats off to ya. "cornbinder13"

27. I might have to make a small roadtrip down there to see this in person! Need a good swift kick in the ass to get you going??? I'll volunteer!! :D

28. Ha!!

I will be heading through Duluth in the spring (no rod though... I am dragging a boat behind my SUV). I am headed to Ely fishing.

29. Good damn fishing up there! I'll be heading down through SE MN in a couple months, going down to visit friends at Ft. Campbell.

30. mike hamel

mike hamel

Here is my 1936 international.

Attached Files: