Register now to get rid of these ads!

2009 VIVA LAS VEGAS - Shifters car show registration open - Updated info.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by axle, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

THE SHIFTERS VLV CAR SHOW IS A MUST DO !
    we look forward to this show every year and we do have a blast !this year with the new venue that im sure its going to take this show to a whole new leavel of excelance.axel realy does a kick ass job every year organizing the car show , music and all its festivaties .yes folks its all about friends you havnt seen for awhile ,family ,the killer cars ,tons of venders ( yes gambino kustoms will be set up ) music ,good food can you say barbaque yes my friends axel sure dose know how to throw a party and party we do for a fucking week lol! cant wait to make this drive ,and a killer drive it si in hot rod or kustom car, speaking of driving any one you folks from the bay area wanting to drive with us pm me we will most likly leave wens we usaly drive to bakersfield or tahachape then finish the drive to vegas the next day .after the VLV event on monday or so were making the drive to austin for the round up

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  2. Johnny C.

Johnny C.

My wife, who is a PinUp Model, and I will be there for sure. First time to the show and we are really lookin forward to it. I wish I had one of my projects far enough along to take but not this year, maybe next year.

3. Many people think this is just a dumbassed rockabilly show. It is NOT. Generally, the cars in the car show are pretty high quality. Gets better every year. The music is presented very respectfully in the ballrooms. Maybe a little too loud, for the type of music, but that's a complaint that all us old guys have. But it's a good show.

4. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

I love VLV! Great music, great people, wild parties and a fabulous car show!
    Played three VLV's with my band and had a fab time. This year I had to
    choose and since I'm playing the Rockabilly Rave USA in Vegas, October,
    I can't go in April. Highly recommended party and show!

Me and Shifter's Mark at VLV second year 1999. That was a small start for
    what to become.
    [​IMG]

5. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

"axle really does a lick ass job every year "....hahaha !.....Sorry alex, I know the L is next to the K on the keyboard and it was a simple mistake......It just struck me funny !lol.....I'll come and see ya at Viva.....can't wait !....

6. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

opps
    thanxs

7. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

lol he does that too hahahahahahhah

8. Yancey,

Any "friend" of yours is a friend of mine. Done and done !

Johnnie.

9. axle

axle
    from Drag City

Nice pictures Crossroads, and yes thats part of the attraction to Viva Las Vegas.

Why don't the Lonely Knights and Road Rockets meet up on the way?

10. '
    HEY ! I've thrown out the offer, any and all Indy Road Rockets are welcome to come through Colorado and hook up with the Lonely Knights. Now that would be a caravan to see.

Johnnie.

11. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Becoming instant friends with you was one of the greatest things about VLV 1, lemme see what's going on at home, it's not an expensive trip but life's gone nuts on me Brother Mike.

12. Juan

Juan
    from Ventura

axel working like a mad man to get the old shoe box ready for viva baby ive been to every one havent missed one you and tom ingram & the shifters have come along way i remember the very first show only had 30 some cars the deacons the choppers&the shifters who knew it would grow into the monster show it is today probably the most copied show in existence thank you alex for being the dreamer that you are to come up with such a great gathering of the tribes and thank you celeste for supporting all this maddness i'll be the first to admit you were a great influence on jenny and myself to start the primer nats hey can ipark by alex gambino? al the best you guys -juan the welder

13. hemi coupe

hemi coupe
    from so-cal

Man, I think I am going to try and make this one! I Drove my coupe to the first one and havent been back since! I really need to try and make it back out to Vegas.
    Jimmy White
    P.s. Part of the reason I never went back is because I needed a week to recover!

14. Rolo

Rolo
    Alliance Vendor

I'll be there...looking forward to hanging out and having some beers with ya'll.

15. gassedbaker

gassedbaker

axle and the lonely knights

i think that the boys wannna take the southern route, and no i doesnt have anything to do with the non politically correct jokes we tell either hahahahaha!! but yes that would be one hellava caravan to see!!!

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Hoping to make it this year. Don't think I'll have my 56 Wagon with but the wife and I are looking forward to it. What kind of vendors show up ???

17. GASSERGUY

GASSERGUY

As Axle said, I'm heading up the GASSER ROUNDUP. Lots more straight-axle, in the air, early Chevies and Olds GASSER-style cars each year makes me one happy GASSERGUY.

We're bringing more GASSERS that with their supercharged, open header, cam-thumping sounds will surely rock your world. Who knows, maybe we can have a CACKLEFEST? Haven't tossed that idea to AXLE but it works for me. Love to have an entire GASSER ROUNDUP ROW. If you're bringing a GASSER-style car, let AXLE and/or myself know.

I'll be there with my camera crew to film the 2009 VLV DVD and hope to get every car, all the hot girls and the best of the bands on this year's DVD. See you there!

Ernest McIntyre, editor
    GASSER Magazine
    www.GASSERmagazine.com
    [email protected]

Attached Files:

18. Kerry67

Kerry67

Just booked my room (Imperial Palace). Will get there Thursday night (late) and leaving on Sunday to go home. Really looking forward to it.

19. Kerry67

Kerry67

If anyone needs a room, I just book the Imperial Palace through Hotels.com for:

$29.52 (Thursday, April 9th)
    $63.25 (Friday April 10th & Saturday April 11th)

grand total is $173.31 for a room for the weekend. Not a bad price........I'll just cab it over to the Orleans....

20. axle

axle
    from Drag City

***********************UPDATE********************************************

Just so you all know, there is a free shuttle bus that goes from the Orleans,Gold Coast,and Barbary Coast.

21. pushrod_mike

pushrod_mike
    from Austin TX

We're all gonna be out there should be a great show.

22. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I'll be there. VLV is on the top of the must do list every year! Where and when is the HAMB meet & greet?

23. april may

april may

Yeah Kerry67, just walk through/past the Flamingo and you'll hit the Barbary coast on the corner and can catch the shuttle. It's free and beats dealing with the cabbies.

It's really a great show, and I'd hate to miss it. I'll be there shootin. If anyone is going and wants glamour shots of their car send me a pm and I'll try to catch it.

Previously at VLV:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. To the best of my knowledge, the BARBARY COAST no longer exist, and is now called "BILLS". Had some family stay there last year for Viva.

Not sure whether or not the shuttle still runs there ?

Johnnie.

25. april may

april may

It still runs. Last time I checked. And I don't think much changed....just the name. If you're waiting for the shuttle, you can get a hot dog and a beer for like 2 bucks from a nice old lady by the bar. It helps pass the time.

26. BAD*56*BUICK

BAD*56*BUICK

Lucky for me i only live down the street. Now i just gotta get the motor swap done on my 56 special and we'll be all good.

27. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

Myself and a couple of the other guys from Central IL are making the trip for the first time and are looking forward to it. The car and Music line up look awesome can't wait.

28. LIMEY

LIMEY

I wish i could make it this year........ its well worth the effort to get there, the boys do a great job & work their butts off making it happen.

It really is the dogs bollox.

Kev.

29. Kerry67

Kerry67

I filled my wife in that we got our room booked and we are both stoked. I have been wanting to go for years and she is really into the Pinup girl thing so it will be fun for her as well. Can't freaking wait........