Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Can't afford a 32 3 window, make one.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hot Turkey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I don't like glass but can't afford the real thing or a 25k brookville. So I'm going to try to build one. I bought a brookville firewall, dash and grill shell to help the glass body look a little better.[​IMG][​IMG] The feet needed to be trimmed a bit, I put them up that way to get a measurement.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

What else can you do when the steel ones are so fucking rediculously priced......there I said it.......go for it man!!!

dearjose likes this.
  3. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Whose body is that? I noticed the lack of footboards in the floors of 'glass 32 3Ws and wondered if they all have those crazy flat floors all the way to the firewall, and that weasely little turn at the base of the firewall doesn't count as a functional footboard, that's for sure.

4. moter

moter

Looks good! Looking forward to more pics.

5. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

good idea to get the firewall, and build it right..your way. cuznbrucie on here has a really nice glass 32 that he did a fantastic job with.

6. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

The body is from Bad Ass out of GA. Not the best but Damn good. As for the floor, it sucks! I had to cut the front out and make my own, more pics soon.
    I went with American stamping rails.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My little girl Shelby loves to turn the ratchet. Can you tell I'm a ford guy?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2009
    woodz, OLSKOOL32 and chriseakin like this.
  7. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Using a Bell for the front, the rest of it's all old stuff.
    [​IMG]

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Good for you getting your children involved.....beats the hell out of TV.

9. x2 well said

10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

looks great! I like your idea of mixing the metal parts with the fiberglass body. Let's face it, metal bodies are rare and expensive - just try to buy one from a guy whose got it stashed away - there are no bargains in deuce land anymore.

11. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I have never done this before so I'm getting great help from Rumbler Del. It's not like my old ford falcon or mustang. I really dig this old junk! It's taken a few years but I'm starting to get it now. I like all the fabin and making parts fit. Now when I go to show and see all the 32s with the billet, I can say "it's all wrong!"
    Got this 302 for free, it had low oil pressure.

[​IMG]

deathrowdave likes this.
  12. you can put a louverd skin over the trunk lid

13. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Now it's 40 over. I put 351 head on it to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Donuts & Peelouts likes this.
  14. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

ill be interested to see this build. are you going to build the frame your self? good luck and nice helper

15. Tony

Tony

Did the same thing back in '98..Bought a glass 3 window body and built me a hot rod.
    NO way i could afford tin either..And ya know, i had a blast with it!
    I like the firewall idea. Another nice thing about the body your working with is it look's like you can use a stock window frame too, chopped of course, but that add's a lot to the overall look of the car.
    Mine was the same way. I bought a frame from Speedway, chopped it and had it chromed..

Very cool project, best of luck with it and keep us posted.

Tony.

PS: your daughter's a little cutie! :)

16. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I am going to do it all. I started this build last year, I run a lawn busn. and have no time in the summer to work on it. Now I'm working my ass off to get it done. Lots more pics to catch you up to where I'm at.

17. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

The frame was a bitch! Live and learn.... I know now that you jig it before you box it! It was out of wack a bit but I was able to get it back into shape. Just took many hours to do it right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
    woodz likes this.
  18. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

i figured as much when i saw you using a crescent wrench rather than a boxed end wrench. ...oh, you ment cause of your daughters name! :D ;)

...good goin. if you realy want to go all out in making it look like a steel car you could put in a cowl vent, pop out windshield and add that feature line around the windshield opening that all the glass 32s seem to be lacking. check out some of the old posts Nick32vick put up when he did all of that on his fiberglass Vicky. you could'nt hardly tell it was a glass car till you REALY looked. fooled alot of people.

i realy like the Brookville firewall in there. nice job.

Clay Belt and elcamino59 like this.
  19. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

The front cross member is from speedway and the rear is a 34 I got from Rumbler Del. I got a kit for the center at the Daytona Turkey rod show. It was all out of wack and took a sledge hammer to get it in right.[​IMG]

20. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I got a steering box out of a 52 ford truck, cleaned it up and put it in. I had to grind off the bolt mounts on it so it's welded to the frame on the inside. I cut out the boxing plate and rewelded it around the body of the box.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  21. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I'm using 36 rear wishbones I also got from Rumbler Del for the back. I cut off the ends to use as mounting points.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

22. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

23. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

24. Looks awesome so far! Keep it up...

25. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Now this is Hot Rodding! Like Royal Shifter said, ..Go......... man............ go...

26. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Going with 4:11 gears with an AOD. I had to cut the front wishbones to get them up to the frame. You can see that the steering box has no bolts through the frame.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

27. mid-cal193

mid-cal193

looks great, and you have good help, cant beat that. i've got a 5 yr old that i cant keep out of the garage too! good luck to ya and keep us updated w/pics

28. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

Now the dash looks cool, much better than the glass one but the ends are open. Had to fill them.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

29. sawzall

sawzall

you could have taken the "V" out of the wishbones from the top down!!!

1946caddy likes this.
  30. rick finch

rick finch

Glass, so what, it will still be a HOT ROD!! Nice build so far, I like it!;)