Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features HAMB Shoebox Club

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chopped50Ford, Dec 3, 2006.

1. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

Sold this 51 Rag Top to move up to or maybe down to my 36 3-W.( I am not sure). :D

By the way that is a 1951 METEOR grill.

Attached Files:

dwollam likes this.
  2. Zed

Zed
    from FRANCE

The flammed one looks kool, and you barn find is jewel !

Thanks for the story too ! :D

3. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

my 49 ford is being resurrected....shaved, nosed, decked, ply bumpered, poppered, grilled, frenched.....to be V8-ted, auto'd, reared, lowered, stitched, wired, gauged, wheeled, tired, piped, and glossed-over.....so far, this is it!

Attached Files:

4. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Is the front bumper cut?

5. 1939STREETROD

1939STREETROD

yes, the front and rear bumpers were cut and 'fit' to the body....the hood was filled and a 51 opening installed too...the olds grille will be replaced with a modified 55 desoto i think...may change the front suspension too as the damn thing is bulky, heavy, and 'in the way' of my engine trans...

6. Count me in....[​IMG]

7. ticktock

ticktock
    from New Jersey

I was reading about this car in the last issue of Rod and Custom I picked up. What a beautiful car. The chop has the perfect proportions without the rear window being laid down too much.

8. ticktock

ticktock
    from New Jersey

I thought I'd remembered seeing this car before somewhere. Gorgeous.

[​IMG]

9. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Sure would like to see a photo.... Maybe you could reload it and repost..

Rich

10. missysdad1

missysdad1

I want to play, too! Here's mine! Just traded a fellow H.A.M.B. member for it, January 2009. Going to be a very mild custom from the 1957-58 era. It's stock except for headers and duals at the moment and runs great. Needs some small stuff, but nothing major. The other fifty-one will go on the back burner...for now.

Attached Files:

11. geemann51

geemann51

Do you have any idea what that color is or even better the paint code? I'm cooking up a 35/26 pickup projects and I reeally like that. Good looking car....

12. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Whats your intent with the Front End (Grill)?????

I have a 50 but looking for a complete 51 Grill

Rich
    North Jersey

13. time for a shoebox check in !

14. missysdad1

missysdad1

Thanks. It's a stock '51 Ford color. The car has been repainted once with a very close match to the original. I don't have a color chart to give the name or the code, but that should prove no problem to a paint shop.

15. missysdad1

missysdad1

I have given serious thought to not altering this car at all. It's a near-perfect 50,000 mile original survivor and should really be owned by a collector-type rather than a hot rodder like me.

It is painted a spectacular original color, not the usual black, dark blue or green, is loaded with original options and accessories, and the cloth upholstery is still like new except for the driver's position on the front seat.

The man I bought the car from understated it's condition...it's a much, much better car than I thought I was buying when I answered his ad. Too nice, I think, for the likes of me.

There was a time when I thought nothing of tearing into a nice, clean stocker like this to make a hot rod, but not any more. There are plenty of "project quality" cars available to cut up. Better, I think, to leave pristine stockers like this one to those who will appreciate them for what they are.

So...anybody got a suitable '51-53 Victoria or '52-53 Monterey hardtop they'd like to trade?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  16. roscoe_1951

roscoe_1951

Here is all i have. Just a 51 2dr sedan. I just put the head on last night. I will try to crank it over later today.

Attached Files:

17. archied1067

archied1067

where did you get that head cover at. looks cool

18. guitarmook

guitarmook
    from Austin, TX

My latest pic...

[​IMG]

19. Here`s mine.Shoeze is now 14 years old..Great car flatheads and 4-gears........Timebomb Johor see more at www.timebombs.ca

Attached Files:

20. I have a completely stock '50 More Door . No pictures yet 'cause it's stored a 120 miles from here . Post some soon . My first Shoebox was a '49 with a 303 Olds w/ TurboHydro , then another '49 that was a semi drivable project . Those were in the early 60's . Yet another '49 appeared in my life in the early 90's . Nothing until recently when I got the More Door .

21. coop ED

coop ED

Here is my Shoebox Club Coupe. A 49 with a 305/ 700R4 combo. Fatman frame stub, disc brakes, mustang II frontend. manual rack. It will be unchopped, I shaved the doors and handles, frenched front and rear. It's been a nice project all home built. Hopefully will be painted in the next few months. Should be at GNRS tomorrow. Some nice shoeboxes on here.

Attached Files:

22. roscoe_1951

roscoe_1951

Head Cover? I found the Alum head on ebay earlier this year. The nuts were dechromed and had some treatment to them. Just trying something new.

23. Wacholder

Wacholder
    from Germany

Shit,need a box!

24. bonechop113

bonechop113

Hey Add me. Heres my 49. Sorry dont have great pics.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    This summer pre goodies.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

25. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Got a question for ya............ What Hub Caps are those in the big picture

Rich and Rocky
    NJ

26. bonechop113

bonechop113

They are packard hubcaps with chrome bullets fitted.

27. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Damn....... They look good..... the packard looks like a mini sambaro....

I have 53 Caddy Caps with Bullets on my 40 Merc and were considering using the same on the shoebox.......

Rich and Rocky

28. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Her's my shoebox

[​IMG]

I have think to chopp the roof and hardtop it
    The flathead will have a 3-71 blower and the will be a 5 speed getarg 260 (BMW E34):D:D:)

/Stefan

29. ford51

ford51
    from sweden

Nice box!Have you seen my 51vic on classiccars.se.Same condition?