Register now to get rid of these ads!

model kits..WHERE ARE THEY NOW

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 60srailjob, Jan 10, 2009.

1. Thumper

Thumper

Believe it or not but I have added to the collection on the shelf.:D

2. gassman57

gassman57

Oh, Man....The 'Goul'....."Hi Ya Froggie; hi ya,hi ya, hi ya!!!" >>>>BAM<<<<...That guy was great!!! Remember when he M-80'd an 1/8th scale Model 'T'. That led to my childhood motto..'I like science, not what you read in books..the kind that makes people run from their houses!!!'

So, would that be kit "blasting"?

3. Here is what I buy when I want just parts. Guy sell them all the time.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/model-car-truck...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318
    http://cgi.ebay.com/LOT-OF-VINTAGE-...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318
    Here are just tires.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/AMT-1960s-FIRES...3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318
    George

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  4. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Hope you don't mind me wondering but how come you kept the boxes? haha i am just wondering

5. oldspert

oldspert
    from Texas

Mom had a hobby shop when I was in Jr High so I HAD lots of models. The AMT three in one were my fav. When I left home and went into the Navy, dad threw all of them in the trash and burned them, burned me for awhile too. Probably threw out hundreds of dollars worth now, but to him they were just toys taking up space.

6. customcory

customcory

Stay out of my models, you must have been lookin for my stash.:rolleyes:

7. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

all my models disappeared when we moved in 1972 when I was 12. as did all my Tonka trucks and a good portion of my HOT WHEELS, though somehow one case made it.

I know where HEMI32's models went. he was going to throw them away about 15 years ago and I rescued them. I saved them for who knows what and finally sold them on ebay about 2 years ago and got about $150.00. don't tell him.

8. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

'Keeping stuff' is the easy part ;)
    And I kinda think the boxes they came in are just a part of the modelkit aswell and 'need' to be saved as room or potential wife permits :rolleyes: But there's no wife here, so the boxes are surviving... :D
    The boxes on top of the cabinet shown in my pic still need to be assembled. The built models inside the left cabinet have their boxes stashed in a larger box somewhere else.

9. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

remember how he assasinated poor Dorothy Fullheim and Parma [amrap] guess its a Cleveland thing. we were lucky to have it. He used to play "hot rods to hell" and other cool B-movies.
    [​IMG]

10. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

Oh okay. I get it now. Looks like you got some models to work on.
    If the boxes in other pictures are still to be assembled, then a bunch of you have some models to work on. haha

11. My first round of models stayed behind (read trash) when I moved to SoCal from N.Y. in 69. The 2nd round in the early 70's after the "Sylmar" quake ruined most of them. By then I was onto the real thing, so it didn't much matter. But, I really started buying a lot of my childhood favorites about 12(?) yrs ago, and have quite a few. I'm glad to see some of the favorites repopped, so I can have a chance at building them a bit better.

12. bumpercarkid

bumpercarkid
    from Orion, MI

I see all these models on here that look cool. The look like perfect. Mine look okay but the sure don't compare to the ones I see on here. I hope one day to build them like the ones I see on here.

13. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Still have all my models packed away .My tommy ivo showboat is out someday i will finish it.Bought it new in 1963.Have all my 78 records too.
    Drag ones and a couple sounds of Lemans 1964,1966. And to others that all they are ,are cars starting up and reving.

14. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

i guess they still put out scale auto enthusiast,haven;t looked for quite a while but if they do,pick one up at barns/noble,books a million , look for advertisers in it ,also used to have listings for shows. enjoy the biulding with your son,they grow up fast.good luck,bruce

15. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

and on another note wal-mart has quit carrying models around here.how about where you guys live?:confused:

16. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

I still got most everything I built, here are some of them. As you can see though, I eventually accumulated more than I could possibly ever build. Made some good money selling some on ebay too! Course those profits went towards my fullsize models.

Attached Files:

17. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Wal mart has said they will not be stocking them anymore.Same here.

18. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

They don't want to sell them because of the glue that goes along with them. The stupid kids sit around and sniff it. I needed some glue for some plastic not long ago, when I went through the self check out the lights went off and over came the casher, she needed to see my ID. Thats who told me about the model car/glue story.

19. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Man, the box art is just as cool as the kits. Here's some of mine. These are stacked three rows deep and two rows high. Yes ... I have some eclectic stuff on my bookcases. :)

Attached Files:

20. henry29

henry29

I got a few.

This is about half of them.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Kool stuff, I guess I have some overkill at my place.....Hell I'm still a kid too...... Chop chop 'til we drop...
    Stash in garage
    [​IMG]

Corner of model room
    [​IMG]

Model bench
    [​IMG]

Displays
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

I had a whole pile of Old showcar and annual kits..600 kits in total.. but ended up trading those all of to get my old 54 Ford back.. ( in the picture)
    and prior to the aquirement of getting my Ford back I did a AMT 50 Ford Convertible ( made into a 54 Ford Hardtop) a promo was the only 54 Ford at the time until testors came out with a 53.. Note the Barris signiture from 85. . in the case is a RARE 52 Willys S.C MILLAR RESIN.. I kept that , reason it to about 2 solid weeks to carve out the inside, as that was the way he did resins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like what you all have shown, it Brings back alot of memories..

23. sledish

sledish

Fire crackers got most of mine when I was a kid.

24. 60srailjob

60srailjob
    from nowhere

WOW I cant believe some of those pics....WOW.......

25. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I still have most of the ones I built years ago and have been slowly taking some apart and restoring them,I did have a bunch of junkers that got all the good parts taken off for future projects. I plan on building a few over the winter. Jeff

26. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Built a million of the 1/25th scale AMT's and Revell's, but liked the 1/8th scales when I could get them. Getting this one finished for the hangout...............

Attached Files:

27. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

This is just a part of my stash. I've had many of these kits for over 30 years:

[​IMG]

My first model car, built in 1968 when I was 6, was the AMT Junior Trophy '59 Edsel seen at top left in the purple box. Bought it at Kress in Richmond, CA for 69 cents and built it on the kitchen table. (The one in the photo is an eBay score from several years ago.)

28. heres a couple I did back in the 60s and early 70s....plus my very 1st trophy

Attached Files:

29. none before christmas.must not be made in china to walmarts low standards and lead content

30. Sauli

Sauli

That´s a problem I myself always had when I was still building. Hard to find the kind of wheels and tires I wanted for my builds. Sometimes the kit-supplied w/t were either of questionable quality or just not at all what I might´ve preferred to have in just that make and model of a vehicle. I don´t know whether these "aftermarket" companies have websites but there´s a really reputable resin-caster in Illinois (IIRC) with a company named "Modelhaus". He at least used to sell a really nice-looking line of 1/24-25 -scale bias-ply whitewalls with the steelies to go with them in various styles and sizes. I seem to recall looking at their listing on the web yrs ago. Depending on what You´re after, another source to look into might be a company called "Pegasus Hobbies". Last I was into this hobby some years ago they had a good line-up of lowrider -style wire wheels and lrg-diam´s on low rubber.
    On another note, as far as a "parts box" goes, it´s always in order as soon as You ever decide to deviate from the kit assembly instructions. These things used to come with a lot of extra parts for various building options, that would always liberate a lot of good stuff for Your parts bin, but as I recall they did away with most of these "3-in-1" -options several yrs ago already. HTH.