Register now to get rid of these ads!

Help save cars in Central Calif & everywhere else too!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by WILLY O, Jan 9, 2009.

1. WILLY O

WILLY O

Hey if anyone else in Central Calif (Fresno area) Wants to help put together a group or club to try and help save as many old cars. trucks and vans as we can, hit me up and we can make a plan or just chat. If each old car person was just to get aleast 1 more old car added to their collection we could save more projects from ending up being crushed.
    I have seen too many over the years disapear from our world just to end up a washer or dryer. Crap I hate that. Now to city a county plus the state are trying hard to get rid of them too.

I think we need to fight back by saving as many as we can afford to keep. I got a 1961 Falcon 2 door for one of my sons to work just before it was going to get scraped.

We need to keep the rods and customs alive for the average man otherwise in the future just the rich will the only ones with them, look at the big auction and what happens there.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  2. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

can we use your yard?i'll move out there if you have a big yard.

3. WILLY O

WILLY O

That yard is Jerry Turners and its over 70 acres. I wish it was mine that would be a dream come true foe me. ( I will post some pics of his yard ). The sad fact is my yard is only a half an acre but I am going to cram a few more on it until I can save up some day and get way out in the country and get ten or more acres to start. Will see how 2009 goes.

4. WILLY O

WILLY O

A few yard pics more to come!

Attached Files:

5. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

where is this yard? i am in Merced and havent heard of this place.

6. WILLY O

WILLY O

Jerry`s Yard

Attached Files:

7. WILLY O

WILLY O

It is located off the old 99 & Willow ave in Fresno. I will find their site link and put it in next message

8. WILLY O

WILLY O

9. might have to make a trip up to central cali one of these weekends anybody want to chip in on gas and beer?... or caravan?

10. WILLY O

WILLY O

He sells DVD copies of our movie HOT ROD HORROR there.
    Most of the movie was filmed ther over a one year period.

A Cool haunted wrecking yard.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  11. WILLY O

WILLY O

Some more pics at the Turners Yard

Attached Files:

12. 72sst

72sst

Is Jerry still with us?
    Eric

13. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Is there a rush for Jerry to sell all this stuff off? Is someone trying to clear him out?

14. WILLY O

WILLY O

Yep but we lost Jim in a racing accident.

15. WILLY O

WILLY O

No I think he just wants to retire and enjoy working on his cars.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2009
  16. 72sst

72sst

17. 97

Whaaat? You would be lucky if it is 80 miles away from Merced, We fly from New Zealand to buy hot rod parts at Turners. Damn I was there last August and again in September, won't be back in the U S before April...I guess that's the end of that.

18. Taff

Taff

count me in......

19. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Hell, throw a BBQ this summer, I'm sure you'd get a bunch of us out there. I'll bring beer.

20. 90ssp

90ssp
    BANNED
    from dallas, ga

I would be all over it but thats a long way from home :(

21. WILLY O

WILLY O

Hey check in with Jerry anyway when you come to the states because I bet he might not be completely retired do to he has old cars and Hot Rodding in his blood and you can`t get rid of that even with a blood transfusion!

Attached Files:

22. Jeff J

Jeff J

I bought some doors and extra cab from him for my 48 GMC cab over ! Two years ago when i lived in the central valley !!Great guy to do business with very fare and his late good friend was Festus from Gunsmoke TV show !

23. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

i live in atwater and would love to help

24. WILLY O

WILLY O

Yes he is one of the Great old timers and raced at Kearney Bowl in Fresno, also he is a good actor like his buddy Festus (Ken Curtis). Jerry acted in our movie HOT ROD HORROR as well as did his late son Jim. Jerry also acted in another car movie called FINISHLINE. He is a dedicated actor, one scene he rides up on his old Harley and gets off it then walks a ways into an old building he had a slight limp but wasnt that noticable. Afterwards we found out that he had just broke his leg but kept true to the hard worker he is and went on ahead with the scene cause he knew that we needed it. Thats a tough guy there!

You can see that clip of him walking in our movie trailer, check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6dN-ofUF5g

Attached Files:

25. karfer67

karfer67

i am very interested. i live in galt but i will be straight up i ain't rich. any sort of ideas on prices?

26. WILLY O

WILLY O

I am not connected with the yard is, just a friend of Jerrys but you can call or email and ask him. There is a link to the yard earlier in this post. Thanks

27. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

How long have you been in Merced? Ever heard of Moomjeans, Pearson's, or the 'Valve Burners'? (Sorry, the 'Valve Burners' was a joke.)
    Turners has been a staple of hard to find parts since it was flourishing in its own time...it closed for a time, but re-opened when "street rodding" came into being. My bud Bruce was watching the '36 Ford Phaeton in there, chopped Carson top, (badly weathered, car was full of mud up to the gunwales (top of door sills) bought it for 12,000 dollars (!) Engine appeared to be sitting kind of high...
    After cleaning out all the mud, it was discovered that the car was channelled! I Still thought the price was high, as this was in 1998. Maybe I have been spoiled with 'good connections'...