Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT: Question about old pinstriping short film

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bobbytnm, Jan 8, 2009.

1. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Fellow Enthusiasts,

Way back as a kid when we'd all gather around the TV on Sunday afternoon to watch the latest offering from the Magical World of Disney there were occasions where they needed a little filler and would offer a short film or a cartoon either before or after the movie. I have memories of watching a short film of a man laying down 2 parallel red pinstripes on a white care. I think the car was a 63 or 64 Chevy but I may be wrong. The man starts on the left front fender and within a few moments he's interupted by the ringing telephone. When he goes to answer the phone the film cuts back to the two pinstripes, sounds of revving engines and then the 2 pinstripes take off and start racing down the side of the car. At every curve or corner there is the sounds of squealing tires and engiens racing. Each pinstripe vies for the lead. The whole time the guy is oblivious and talking on the phone. When he finally ends the call the car is almost completey covered in the red pinstripes.

Does anyone remember this? has seen it? can tell me where I can find a copy of it?

I've done exhaustive internet searches using anything I can think of without any luck.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Bobby

2. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

3. Now that is fast.

4. sledish

sledish

Got a copy of it on VHS.

5. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

just me or is that a weed leaf on the hood

6. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Very cool!! I knew I didn't just dream it

What is the title of the tape??

Thanks
    Bobby

7. sledish

sledish

"Dad can I borrow the car", ebay has four or five copies right now.

8. BISHOP

BISHOP

Damn sure is.!!!! :cool: I think, ive never seen one in person.....

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  9. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Sorry that I didn't recognize that you gave me the title, sometimes I suffer from rectal-cranial inversion.

I'll go search on Ebay and Amazon right now.

Thanks alot
    Bobby

EDIT: Thanks again for the info. I went to Amazon and ordered a copy of the tape, should have it in a week or so....woohoooo

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  10. Insane 1

Insane 1
    from Ennis TX

Its on youtube also.

11. KreaturesCCaustin

KreaturesCCaustin
    from Austin, TX

Gawd! 1970 kinda sucked. Glad I don't remember much of it. I was too busy haulin' ass around the neighborhood on my green Schwinn Stingray.

12. BISHOP

BISHOP

I was a kid in the 70's, everything was over the top. EVERYTHING!!!! Evil, Roth, Skate boards came in clear or transparent red, Van Hallen, Thin Lizzy, Ted Nugent, Kiss, Show cars were made from everything, bathtubs to caskets, bikes were even made from cars. Some peolple still do that, Corvetts were turned into wagons, flake everywhere, I freakin loved it. I think everyone was on something psychodelic. It was like a living Wizzard of Oz. Never mind the freakin clothes. I guess because I was a kid, It was good. As an adult I would have been confused.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009