Register now to get rid of these ads!

Turn signal in headlight info please.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by yekoms, Jan 7, 2009.

1. yekoms

yekoms

I'm lookin' for info on the kit that mounts the turn signal/park light inside the headlight on a 32 Ford headlight light. The socket,bulb, and a metal shield mount onto the reflector behind the lens.
    I thought Drake or Parr had them but, they don't. Who has them?
    Thanks, Smokey

2. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

try hagen, I believe that is where I got mine for a later model car

3. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

dick spadaro maybe ? they are out there .. try speedway too.. and maybe Ebay.. i use em all the time in 29 a lights and they work great and you get the halogen bulb too if you go woth the full kit..
    Dave

4. thewildturkey46

thewildturkey46
    from Rice, MN

CW Moss has them......but you know you can just drill a hole in the reflector,( plastic or metal,) snap in a socket with s bulb you can get from NAPA, or look at the "help" rack....they are even brighter than the little peanut size bulb that go by the halogen bulb that Moss sells. I bought the kit and then changed out to the bigger bulb deal because the turn signal did not show up with the headlkights on. just my 2 cents.

5. LongT

LongT

This will probably draw some flames but I believe that they are NOT legal in PA. Law could also have changed or I didn't get it correctly. You may want to check on it.

Bill

6. stillkruzn

stillkruzn
    from Conway, AR

If you are talking about the kit that puts the amber led in around the H4 bulb, I had them, but have taken them out... When your headlights are on, you can't hardly see the amber led light up....

7. Jeff J

Jeff J

I've put them in the last 5 of the 32 roadster that I built and use a flat back socket and a 1157 amber bulb need the flat back socket for clearance and they do out shine the h_4 bulb and you can see the turn signal a night The sockets are about 7 bucks each

8. 38mag

38mag

Longt, I have mine mounted in the headlight, This was one of the things they questioned when I sent in the first pix of my car, I had to send pix of the headlight showing the park/turn signal in the headlight, then I got my title.

9. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

For anyone using Ford parts, a '32 standard headlight (that is, from standard model with no cowl lights, not deluxe) has an extra socket below headlight bulb for the parking light that could be used for this. Don't like the idea, though...I think having blinkers in or immediately next to headlight works badly even on OEM's like recent Benz. Weak any time headlight is on, nearly invivible at some angles.

10. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

I think the 2357 bulbs would give you a bit more light.

11. Offy

Offy

I used a kit from Vintique. It wasn't expensive and all that I needed to do was drill the hole and it was a piece of cake.

12. Toqwik

Toqwik

Got mine from speedway, they work great.

13. skidsteer

skidsteer

Vintique has a turn signal kit, but also sells a complete stainless unit, haolgen with the turn signal already in it. I took a pair of their 32 Ford units, and mounted the entire thing inside of my '37 Plymouth headlite buckets. As I recall, the whole Ford unit was less than $150/pr. on that evil auction site.

[​IMG]

14. skidsteer

skidsteer

Oh yeah, and a photo with the parking lights on should satisfy any bureauocrat in Harrisburg.

[​IMG]

15. yekoms

yekoms

Thanks for the info guys...I'll pass it along to my non computer friend that asked me about these lights.
    Have a good one,Smokey