Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods When things seem to look wrong..but yet look all so right..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 11, 2008.

1. YEAH I hear you there, We all are like that, no one is really perfect at everything, but man you sure make it look easy, and the results are beautiful. Like a finely sculpted work of ART. Hey what ever happened to WARPIG???

I've got some machinist ?'s for ya later on too. I Graduate in dec of 2009 with my associates in industrial machining and have been meaning to toss a few questions your way, but I will pm those to ya. Oh yeah Billy wants to know when you are gonna paint it. hahaha he has been asking about it all day, I told him we would watch the thread and see what happened, but It wouldnt be soon . :) Take care

Thanks

Will

2. That thing looks bitchin! What color are you thinking of painting it? I think it needs an "in your face" color like bright green metal flake or some kind of obnoxious candy green over gold basecoat or something like that that you can see from a mile away. Any of those bright colors that they painted the original HotWheels cars with would really suit the style of that car.

It would be tough not to start that thing up every day just to get an adrenaline rush.

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Will, my WarPig Project has gone thru some big changes....that I will bring everyone up to speed on after I finish DeathsDoorStep....I just need to finish it first..I do have a WarPig chassis somewhat tacked together......I have it stashed at my house, I had visitors a few weeks ago and stashed it and really needed to get it out of my sight..it was distracting me..its my top secret project....so its still on... just on the back burner and is very hard to keep their.....not to mention I have the tubing to build a digger sitting their also talking to me....Drives me nuts........Tell Billy I will probably end up painting it Red.........Littleman

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
  4. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I have always since day one envisioned it Flat Red, with the frame the same flat red w/ all the stainless inserts polished up w/ scotchbrite.......The Hemi painted Bone white w/ red pinstriping......racing seat done in Bone White w/ red piping....and my step fathers name painted on the back.....I can see it done this way from its beginnings in my head.....and can only say its Bitchin.....But most would say it needs Flaked......Littleman..........

5. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

DDS has already come a long way. Looking forward to more updates.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Original Patina, thanks for posting the pics....thats before the 2'' haircut chop.......Littleman

Thats also the show I killed that engine breaking a valve spring, when I took it way down an industrial street and well lets just say I tested the suspension.........ave

7. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

I've seen a number of rods modeled after DDS.

You're now a "trend setter"

8. eddytheb

eddytheb

Dave that car just rocks and I am sure how ever you finish it it will be top shelf stuff. Even though I love it just as it is.
    I often wondered what had become of your TV show run, I watched every chance I could and let me say as a shop owner I would be thrilled to have you in my shop any time. You were a class act all the way and I was very impressed with your work and work ethic. I see all kinds of dreamers come though the doors looking for a job but no one in your league, maybe some day. God speed to you, your family and your awesome project.
    PS if you ever want to move to western New York let me know :D

9. Now thats a HOT ROD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn fine machine man.

10. dannyuscg

dannyuscg

Reminds me of this Beast I loved to watch as a kid. One of the baddest gear jammers around and injected!

Attached Files:

11. modelacitizen

modelacitizen

I'm in love with this car. It's immoral

12. ***Area-51***

***Area-51***
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ohio

outrageous yet not overdone, WOW!

13. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks everyone.....I am starting to get back into the groove with this project......I bought a DragStar 8x2 the other day as the result of Rusty_nut here on the Hamb starting a thread about some Hemi parts for sale in his part of the country...I researched and found the ad and picked up the phone and a deal was struck...it is on the way as of yesterday......I cannot wait to put it on...its going to make more work for the rear two carbs will be further back....its what I envisioned on this Coupe from day one........So I must say thank you to Hamber Rusty_nut.....Littleman

14. WOW I have been tossing the idea of painting my A Satin red, not a flat, not a gloss, but a semi-gloss satin red, My daughter found a killer color at home depot I fell in love with. To top it all off Its a damned DISNEY color, Ruby Red....BUT I love the color. It is perfect, and will look wicked in a satin. I wanted to paint the Flatty Gold, with red and white brackets, accessories etc. A zodiac red with white piping and tuck n roll. I was still undecided on the frame wether to go with a gold or the same red. Then today I was in the back looking at all my gadgets and I pulled the tarp back on a 500 CID caddy engine I have sitting here. should I or shouldn't I? So now As much of a FORD fanatic that I am, I am seriously now contemplating the caddy engine with the Th 400 behind it. I have a buddy with a couple of different 9 inch rears, and one old lincoln 9 inch with disc brakes. So now you have be wondering If I should really go with a flatty like I have wanted forever, orrrrrrrrrr use this monster Caddy engine, and go crazy. Any thoughts on that? Id have to build a whole new frame, instead of boxing the original frame. It will end up being not near as traditional as I have been hoping build, but after drooling over DDS War pig, Kevin Lee's ad Lucky Burton's Rides I am really re-thinking the way I want to go with my A. Damn you guys hahaha y'all are making me drool to damned much. :)

15. knuckelhead

knuckelhead
    from socal

16. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

No matter what you choose..The Caddy or Flathead..The result will be the same...a great big old smile across your face and your son gigglying at your side....sounds like your heart is w/ the Flathead!.....stay true to your vision....Littleman

17. 187 speed

187 speed
    from central Il

I was just thinking of your car this morning Dave. I through the body back on my pickup so i can start fitting the firewall back up and get the sprint car steering box mounted and I thought that kinda looks like deaths doorstep with no firewall or cowl top. Well other than the lack of an awsome motor, bitchin frame, unbeleivable workmanship and everything else that makes your car so badass!!! Other than that they are identical!! lol, cant wait to see it done, hopefully in person at the HAMB drags!!!

Attached Files:

18. I see the ol' Divco in the background,,,ever make any progress on it? HRP

19. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

The only thing wrong.........or should I say the only to make it right.
    Slaps some lights on it and drive it on the street and scare the shit out of little old ladies and kids.

20. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

HOTRODPRIMER, I had it in the back garage over the summer...removed the glass out of the windows.......and just could not force myself to work on it.......so I pushed it back to the front for another day..its the other monkey on my back...I really need to finish it..I need a family cruiser badly..........Littleman

21. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

The DragStar 8x2 intake arrived today.......I have search for one of these for a long time, and for one that was reasonable..I found this one courtesy of a Hamb thread that was a heads up thread...I put them on my night stand right next to my side of the bed.....well atleast for a few nights...thats how happy I am to finally have one of the missing parts for DDS...Its what I pictured it with from day one.........Yes, injection would be easier.....but not quite as sexy once armed with eight angry begging to be in sync carbs 8x2 setup w/straight linkage......although I am destine to go the injection route one day.....Littleman...too bad it cannot talk and tell me stories about what kind of crazy rotating assemblies its been bolted too....or how fast it was.....or how pissed it got its owner because he could not get a handle on her...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  22. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OOOOOOO!!!! I'm jealous!! :eek:

23. LOL I am glad to know that I am not alone in my sickness hahahaha I bet there are many of us who do this same thing. When I got my first car at the ripe age of 13 almost 14, I slept in the carcass many times. :) Many times while working on it or sand blasting(a 1939 4 door deluxe) My next ride a 1965 Mustang, my folks and I restored and during the process I slept in her as well. When we first brought home my A I passed out with a huge smile on my face as well. I guess maybe I am just a sicko or something. Have fun with them Littleman...

Will

24. That car is pure EVIL!!

25. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Littleman, you're an inspiration to us all. I remember your very first post on that car, you showed how you made the holes in the frame, I still have every picture I've seen you post of it in a "Littleman's Coupe" folder saved on my hard drive. Let me know if you want them! :D

Any chance you have an early injection setup for a Hemi with the short straight stacks? I know I can still get the later kind that bend and stand straight up from Hilborn, but that's not the style I'm looking for. Never know what you'll find when you ask. :)

Great job on the car. Just to throw another fly in the ointment, what about a simple medium-dark blue with a name in goldleaf? Similar to Mazmanian's cars, clean simple beautiful - and badass...

Just a thought!

[​IMG]

26. seatex

seatex

27. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

I was a lurker here for a few months before I stumbled onto one of Dave's threads about DDS and was completely blown away! After finishing that thread I immediately searched for the others and drank in as much info as possible. Right after that, I joined the HAMB. Seeing his work inspired me to get out in the garage and try to do what I thought I couldn't. Thanks Dave! It's great to see you working on it again. DDS will forever be one of my favorite rods of all time.

Regards, Dave

28. Hey Dave...you are inspiration plus ! ! ! Here is my take on your coupe.
    NITRO METHANE 392 HEMI WITH A 4 SPEED. FRANKIE

Attached Files:

29. DIRTYBIRD

DIRTYBIRD

What?!? Yall see this?

30. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Holy Cow Frankie! That coupe is trick. I'm digging those wheels. Did you make them?