Register now to get rid of these ads!

1934 Dodge 3 window coupe? Check this out!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldrelics, Jan 5, 2009.

1. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

Sorry for the bad pics....This car belongs to a co-workers father. I had thought is was a converted 5 wdo until I spoke with him about it. Turns out that Dodge made some 680? 3 windows and shipped them overseas. This one came back to Canada. I don't have any other pics. Has anybody ever heard of this or have pics of another?
    Ps-Its in the background of the second pic.

Attached Files:

2. Yep, I have a picture of one at the Nats South in Knoxville from several years ago. Pre digital camers though, so it's a paper picture. It blew my mind when I saw it. I thought i was the coolest car ever. I'll see if I can dig it up. If I remember right, it was fat black with narrow green flames at the belt line and green wheels. Not as gowdy as it sounds.

3. 33mopower

33mopower

They were manufactured in Australia. Custom body's and the rest of the sheetmetal along with the chassis were imported. A very hot item to import to the US from Australia.The structure to the body's were completely wood(think early 30's GM).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have some pictures of another car and will post back when I find them. These pictures are of a 34 dodge 5 window converted to a 3 window. It was a 2008 riddler great 8 car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ot0_m0t0

ot0_m0t0

5. oldrelics

oldrelics
    from Calgary

6. noboD

noboD

The Dodge Story, the only good book on early DBs, doesn't show one. Nice roof line!!

7. 33mopower

33mopower

Another Australian 3 window dodge 1933.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Note the body line that follows back off the drip rail is its defining mark. The back of the body is humped out more as well. Compared to a 33 chrysler(32 desoto, 33 desoto, and 32 plymouth pb similar)

[​IMG]

29EHV8 likes this.
  8. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

1933 Dodge 3W coupe Made in Adelaide South Australia by coach/body builders TJ Richards
    my coupe is chopped 1 1/2 inches the purpel one is std hight
    [​IMG]

9. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

i'm really digging the 3 window version of these coupes. glad to know these really existed

10. Hey_Pauly

Hey_Pauly

That one is my fav.

11. signalsteve

signalsteve
    from NH