Register now to get rid of these ads!

American Graffiti

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jarred Hodges, Nov 15, 2008.

1. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Before my time.

2. OneBad56

OneBad56

Not quite before my time., 3 yrs too young to drive, but had a lot of buddies who did and hung out with them. Brother managed a band during that time.
    Vancouver BC had a good cruise scene.
    Wally's on Kingsway and Fraser, Harveys just east of the pimp n' queers (simpson sears) in Burnaby on Kingsway was another, and of course, several others throughout the lower mainland, Lions on Hastings just east of the PNE, and even some of the old White Spot locations. Then A & W came on the scene in North Vancouver.

They always carried a 12 pack in the trunk for bettin' money.
    It would take hours to make the rounds. Lots of 55's and 57's with bored out 283's. Guy in High school had a 56 ford 2 dr post with a 427 in it, went like stink.
    Good time and good memories.

3. Isn't "the girl" Farrah Fawcett?

4. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

before my time..but i'm glad i was brought up in the 70's and 80's...

5. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

jangle, I only make the statement because of how the girl looks at him and he at her, and then they show them down the dark hallway/ alley but you can not see what is going on. Scene (view of them down the hallway) was not needed (could have stopped at Kirk walking away) so it made me think why did they show it.

6. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Kay lenz.

7. Erwin

Erwin

My introduction to "Graffiti",was a roll-in they played one evening back in '73 .It was on "the Midnight Special",hosted by Wolfman Jack.I forget what channel it was on.They used the scene where the "60 Sedan de ville full of girls is waiting at the lights & John's flat'ning all the tires.Of course after seeing that , it was off to the Uptown theater, downtown Toronto as soon as I was able, to catch AG.Well, wasn't in the lineup early enough.Sold out.AG was still playing in Uptown's Backstage theater 6 months later.
    The local AM station , CHUM, 1050 on the dial,the following year, was inspired to host an event called the CHUM Graffiti parade,inviting all pre '62 iron to participate.It brought a good turnout .Nathan Philipp's square being the final destination of the cruise,downtown.

Wolfman also guested at the Speedsport carshow,CNE grounds in Toronto in '74.
    Those 8-tacks were pretty durable.I can't tell you how many times we had the AG soundtrack going on that Craig deck in Frank's Econoline.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  8. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

So.... Im sitting here here ass deep in snow watching AG wondering where was the last race between the 56 and 32 shot at?

9. 56 Texas

56 Texas
    from Texas

err.. dude .. that's a '55 Chev .. not a '56 ... :( (kinda like basic math) ..

as for the road .. the scene was shot in Petaluma, CA on Frates Road between Ely Boulevard South and Adobe Road, adjacent to what is now Adobe Creek Golf Club, in the film it's called "Paradise Road"

10. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Ok ....your right on the 56/56. Dont be mad at me (drinkin beer) But, Thanks for the info on the road.:D

11. Showboatsix

Showboatsix

Harrison Ford (HF) ... "Hey, you know a guy around here with a piss yellow deuce coupe, supposed to be hot stuff?"
    Charles Martin Smith (CMS) as Terry the Toad ... "What, you mean John Milner? Hey, nobody can beat him, man, he's got the fastest."
    HF ... "I ain't nobody, dork, right?"
    CMS ... "Right."
    HF ... "Hey, you see this Milner, you tell him I'm looking for him, huh? Tell him I aim to blow his ass right off the road."

12. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

OK ...I should just go to bed..WOW.. lets try 55/56. My bad :D

13. In Portland There were three places to cruse, Broadway downtown for general socializing and to race stop light to stop light, Sandy Blvd. around yaws if you were civilized and the speck at 52nd and Foster for Rowdiness and Mayhem. We would try to hit all three on Saturday night.

14. 1951bomber

1951bomber
    from atwater Ca

thats my favorite movie it was filmed not to far from where i live

15. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

That must have been cool. Jealous! tell more!