Register now to get rid of these ads!

*Barn Find 34 3/W Body !* (pole barn that is)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Harms Way, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

very nice car, wow i could just picture that thing setten in the middle of my shop,
    man id never get any sleep, hah

2. original patina

original patina
    BANNED
    from Texas

Impressive. Not just your score - but that you had other parts stashed waiting! You must've read Rhonda Byrne's The Secret...

3. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

I'm suprised you waited so long to call the guy. My moto has always been "better to be looking at it then looking for it"

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

I had lost the guys phone number on the back of the missing business card, that didn't show up until years later,I had planned to put the deal together right away originally but didn't have a way to contact him.... I thought the deal was gone forever all that time,.....

5. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

Another one saved. Thats great. Good job that you already had a '34 frame ready to go. Good luck with it, and post as many pics of the progress as you can. You gotta love a '34 3 window, or any 3 window.

Kevin
    Ooltewah Speed Shop

6. Docco

Docco
    from Ippy

All's well that ends well:)

7. MIKE-3137

MIKE-3137

You bet we're interested! What a find, I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing I had that waiting for me.

8. Harms Way

Harms Way

Well it looks like spring ran into summer,... but I hauled the engine over to the shop and got it set in place today,... I need a OEM rubber transmission mount before I finalize the engine and trans mount brackets and finish welding them in,.... then it will go into the barn for who knows how long ( I have a LOT of work piling up and this car isn't a priority), I am not sure of it's fate yet,....... but here's a couple shots of her new heart transplant.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. jlow

jlow
    BANNED

sweet......keep it AS IS

10. Modeler Teysik

Modeler Teysik

It would look BA driving down the road just like that.

11. 29-a-freak

29-a-freak

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Your right, you haveother prioritys. As Im such a nice guy I am willing to help you out. Send me the 34 and I will finish and drive it around while you do your other work.
    When your finished............What 34? I dont know nothin' about no 34!

Doc.

PS DONT chop it!

13. torchmann

torchmann
    BANNED
    from Omaha, Ne

Love the forklift, everyone asked me why the hell I bought a forklift untill they saw how much I use it. I just can't take mine off pavement like yours but anyway here's the Shyster
    [​IMG]

14. Harms Way

Harms Way

Actually, the fork lift belongs to the guy I got the body from,I would love to have one, but for me it would just be another thing to break down and require more of my time. :)

And Thanks for being concerned about me Doc, but I just wouldn't feel right saddling you with this burden,..... no,... the only good and proper thing to do is for me to shoulder this burden all by myself,..... thanks for looking out for me Doc !:cool:

Last edited: Jun 20, 2009
  15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No worries mate, just looking out for a mate.:rolleyes::p

16. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

You had to do it didn't you?:rolleyes: Just when I had let the memory of this one settle down. That shop is too far away from your house for you to keep an eye on it all the time, and I know where it's at. SO....................when you show up there the next time................and the door is open.................and the car is gone......................give me a call..................you have visitation rights.:eek::cool::D

Frank

17. Harms Way

Harms Way

Son of a gun !,..... just when you think all your HAMB pals don't care about you anymore, they all come out of the woodwork selflessly trying to help me out with my problems and burdens,...... As much as I appreciate it guys, I just couldn't let ya fall on the sword for me,...... :cool:.... I know you all have my best interest at heart:rolleyes:,...... but it just wouldn't be fair :D,.....

No, I will have to suffer alone :D:D:D,...... but I will never forget your kind offers in my hour of despair,..... you guys are real pals ! ;)

18. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Thats bitchen man...

19. hcar

hcar
    from Santa Ynez

That's not bragging it's scoring

20. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

What a great find! Congrats and thanks for sharing! :D

21. PoPo

PoPo

Don't know its fate? ???????????????? Come on now. Its fate is next year at this time you will be driving it!!!! YOU CAN DO IT.

That car is B A and you know it.

22. DMFB

DMFB

That beast looks great...where is the rough one you bought at??

23. Dirty30Dodge

Dirty30Dodge
    1. Upholstery

Nice !! Great find! Those numbers are always worth a call!