Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. superbell

superbell

As a young man I worked a local 24 hour gas station and the junior employees would be relegated to the graveyard shift. Graveyard was also a two man shift which gave us allot of slack time for mischief, our assistant manager was an asshole that had a napoleon complex that begged for revenge. The Assistant manager left his beloved 48 Dodge pickup on the lot all summer long preparing it to drive back and forth to work on the coming winter (not smart), well late August rolls around and we know he is going to be driving his truck soon. Late one night we rolled his truck into the bay (knowing he just cleaned, purged, and renewed his antifreeze in his cooling system) we drained 1 gallon and replaced it with a gallon of "Alaska concentrated fish fertilizer" carefully cleaned up and rolled it back to let it simmer in the late August heat while we anxiously waited...
    One day in early winter it was gone and we waited like your girlfriend was 9 months and two weeks pregnant, then soon after he came in and there was the target sitting in the lot and he was complaining of a funny smell...
    It took him quite some time of looking but after a few days of running and a few times of running his heater the smell was beyond belief, he finally cracked the radiator cap and discovered the problem. He cleaned the system many times but that smell weakened but stayed, you might say he gave us the "stink" eye but he could never prove anything...

2. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, all the good ones have been told or repeated a few times, but no one has told about the guy at work who had just bought his new economy car from Germany in 1956, a new VW BUG, all of his bragging about the great gas mileage he was achieving was getting sickening, SO, at a designated point in time each day we started adding 2 gal of gas to his tank, the new owner became ESTATIC!! He could not wait to tell us his VW was not using any gas at all!!----Then we started REMOVING 3 gals of gas each day!--- The cheers went to dismay as we all started asking about how the VW was doing 2 weeks later, every time we came face to face he would grumble some words of something about VW's, next was a for sale sign on his new car---------Until we finally confessed!!!

Instead of gravel, we used to put marbles in the hub caps!

Used Limberger on the exhaust manifolds for the Newlyweds!

Carbombs too!

Potatoes also!

This one is about Model T coils, seems as tho the new plant Joe had been proudly cultivating, started to wither a bit, a couple days watching it falter, Joe observed this dog stopping at his favorite plant & giving it a water job. Joe being a tinkerer found an old Moden T coil in the garage & hooked one wire to some copper screen surrounding his limp plant, sure enough, next day here comes fido, lifts his leg as usual on the screen & ZAPPPPP----A blue long spark made contact with the dogs "Squirter"----The dog let out a yelp--tried to run--& lick his "Squirter" all at the same instant!!!-----The next day Joe observed Fido starting to come to his property----stopping---Crossing to the opposite side of the street, missing Joe's property entirely before coming back to Joe's side of the street!------------Don

3. I heard an old story about a guy who had an old pickup with exhaust stacks that stuck straight up in the air behind the cab. Some wiseguys poured a whole jar of baby powder into his two stacks, and then told him in shop class that his engine seemed to be smoking a little and that maybe he needed to give it a tune-up. The guy was really proud of how well his engine ran and got really concerned, so he ran out and started it up -- which made a huge billowy white cloud, and his friends all stood around and laughed their heads off.

4. Some of the high school seniors at my smalltown highschool did same thing with a nerdy teacher's VW. Nobody'd help him get it out; I remember him jacking up one end & pushing it away from a tree. Another time the same teacher found his beetle, inside 2 large double doors (needed to be taken off then replaced) and up 7 steps into the high school lobby, thanx to the varsity football team.

Once we went down to the Gulf station in town and got 5 gallons of drain oil. Buddy had a 60 Plymouth wagon - more like a tank! - and one of us crouched down in back while he drove slowly along the school's paved driveway & dumped the oil onto the driveway. Then we sat back & watched when school got out for all the hotshots leaving the parking lot pulling holeshots till they hit that oil, then right into the ditch went a few of 'em. Dumb stuff but nobody got hurt except for a few egos.

5. Did anyone see TCM Sunday morning? An old Nancy Drew movie from '39, she was driving a boss '37 Ford convertible and somebody hooked one of these screamin' meemee smoke bomb gizmos to it - pretty wild!

6. Pins&Needles

Pins&Needles
    from Santa Cruz

I worked at an upholstery shop in high school that did high end interiors, the shop was located in the down town area and the whole area was getting face lifted so the city came to the owner and told him he had to re-do the shop sign, and they had to approve it first. He made 3 different attempts at the new sign and all were rejected, I happen to have a buddy whose dad was on the board, and so I found out who was rejecting the sign, and luckily the idot brought his new Jag buy the shop to have a tear fixed in the front seat well we fixed it and did a little more work on the car.... we took out the rear bench and flipped it over foam side up, and used a spray gun to lightly mist a gallon of whole milk across the whole thing, since it was on the bottom it wouldn't make it to the top. It probably took a week for that miilk to start turning but when it did I can only imagine! needless to say the car went up for sale the following winter when it was cold enough not to be able to get the full affect. I still to this day feel bad for the poor innocent smuck who bought that car.

7. elwood blues

elwood blues

Ok heres one from when I was in the Navy... I used to work on FA-18's and at night to boot I would sit up in the cockpit and run up some systems and every so often I'd get a greenhorn to go into the nose wheel well to check on something for me there is a light in there thats a couple of million candle watts and they would be faceing it inches away so being the nice guy that I am would flash the light on them. Usaly ended up with a blinded newbe with a nasty knot on his head. Tought them to be more aware of whats going on. lol

8. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

i like hooking a turnignal wire into the horn circuit. thats an old one though

9. Man, that must have stunk like hell.:D I remember when I was in college that some doofus who hated my roommate poured a half gallon of milk on a towel and threw it up into an overhead cabinet up over his closet. About a week later, we started smelling something awful, but couldn't figure out where it was coming from. When we opened the cabinet, it gassed out the whole dorm. It was worse than a dead animal.

10. vintage44

vintage44
    from NY
    1. New York H.A.M.B.ers

Here's one my dad pulled. He owned (and I grew up in) a junkyard in the 50's. One of the guys in the yard had found a pair of women's panties in one of the junkers and brought them up to the office. My father was pretty good friends with the guys who worked for him and decided to put the panties into one of the other guy's cars - he opened the passenger side door and slid them down beside the front seat so the driver could not see them but a passenger getting in the car could. Any guesses who the first passenger to see them was? Yup, the guy's wife! My dad got a phone call from the guy telling him essentially "Ha ha, good joke". Knowing the guys wife had been told by her husband that it was a joke the guys pulled on him from work and she was most likely listening in on the phone call to hear my dad "confess", my dad played dumb and "didn't know a thing about it!" Took a while for that one to blow over!

A couple of wooden planks through the windows and some help from the yard crane also helped friends cars to disappear from the parking area at the yard.

11. slepe67

slepe67

lets just say a guy at work EALLY made me mad. SO, first, I wired the horn to his ignition, ON=BEEEEEEEEP!
    Then, he went and tattled on me, and I got yelled at. (I was a construction foreman at the time mind you), soooo
    I grabbed some of my dad's coyote lure (read: coyote pee in a bottle0VERY SMELLY) and put it on cotton balls. Then, I took said cotto balls and pushed them into all his heat vents, with a coat hanger, under hi seats. Summer in MT can get pretty hot...I bet that STUNK! The guy go the hint, and quit the job...

Then,there's the modern put kiwi boot polish on somebody's cell phone...or rifle scope, helmet, headset, boom mike, you get the jist...

12. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

When I was younger plumbers used pieces of sulfer in the lead when soldering pipes...We would snatch some of the sulfer for later purposes.....we would put some on an exhaust maniford and when it got hot..PHEWWWW it was bad...Usually put it on when the guy had a date.. I worked in a parking lot in Hollywood and during the summer it would be hotter than heck on the asphalt. The lot I worked had two entrance/exits. the guy at the other end was giving me problems so I took my recently deceased turtle and put it on top of the phone booth next to his station. Man that turtle stunk and he had to work next to it for a week before he figured where it was coming from., every day he would come to me and say "something stinks back there" ..Aww memories.

13. metalman

metalman

Geez, it's amazing how many pranks my buddies and I pulled wern't original afterall. My favorite, tossing a spare c-clip onto the parts of a transmission a competetor was feverishly rebuilding between rounds at the races. The look on his face when he was close enough to know he had an "extra part".
    At a Chevy dealership bodyshop I worked at we had a jerk co-worker. 2 of us stayed late one night and sprayed 2 gallons of clear laquer over a car he had just primed and guide coated complete. Took him 2 days to block sand that car.
    Same jerk finally quit after he was painting same car, it's amazing what one little squirt of WD-40 (sticking the little tube thru his booth filter) will do to an enamal paint job between the 2nd and 3 coat!

14. titus

titus

we'll just say a buddy of mine did this prank to a coworker;)

the one buddy managed to get the coworkers cell phone number with out him knowing

then he proceeded to post an ad for the coworkers 1998 ford ranger on craigslist for $350.

the co-worker came back from a delivery and wondered who the hell put his truck on craiglist?

i took the listing off of craigslist, i er mean my buddy took the listing off!

30 calls in the 10 minutes it was listed, 15 messages, it was funny!

jeff

15. Years ago we had ordered a pair of new quarter panels for a '67 Nova for a customer with small home body shop. He called a few days later to order some more stuff and mentioned that he'd already cut off the old rusty quarters. A friend of his, also a customer of ours, called a couple days after that to order quarter panels for another '67 Nova that he was working on at home. So we ordered them and called the first customer to see if he still had the old cut-off quarters on his scrap pile. When we told him we wanted to swap them for the second set of new panels for the other customer, he even agreed to deliver them back to the dealership for the prank.

The new quarters came in, we carefully opened the boxes and stashed the new panels and replaced them with the nasty, rusty old scrap panels and even restapled the cartons back up like new. When the guy came to pick them up we loaded then on his truck for him before he thought to open them up to inspect them. He might have normally been suspicious of our helpfulness but it was close to 5:00 and he knew we were closing soon.

So we went home and he went home and unloaded his "new" parts, but when he opened up the cartons and saw the "used" panels inside he pretty much spun a bearing. So our plan worked almost perfectly. I say almost because we hadn't planned on him calling one of our bosses before calling one of us to complain about the junk parts he'd just bought. So we got a little "talking to" out of the deal but overall we claimed the mission a success.

16. 19customline54

19customline54

this one is mean, especially if your victim has cloth interrior.

sooooo, i work in construction, and on one job, had a fellow carpenter who liked to play pranks on me.... sip tie on the drive shaft, hanging obscene signs off my rear bumper(one of which got me pulled over) , rocks in the hubcaps, puting rocks in my tool bucket one at a time till it weighed about 20 lbs more than it should..... that kind of shit. never did anything to him. untill.......

one day I got the bright idea of dumping the entire contents of his chalk line into his de-froster vents, and filling his now empty chalk box with white lithium grease. the confused look on his face when he pulled out his chalk box to snap a line was excelent. but I felt kind of bad when he didn't make it to work the next day because his defroster vents shot blue chalk dust all over his heavily condensated window...... oops. but I find it quite humorus that to this day (about a year later) his seats and carpet still have a blue tint to them.:D

17. ASRoff

ASRoff

Great pranks guys!!!

My father said that he and his old buddy would keep a couple of feet of wire with them. All of their buddys would park their cars next to each other at highschool. at lunch they would go and cross wire someones ignition to another guys car.

I wish I was around to see the look on thoese guys faces when they would tun the key and the car next to them would start (with no driver) and their car wouldent even turn over.

18. The Worm

The Worm

these are to good to see them go. post some more!

19. While someone is gone to lunch, leave a note for them to call 1-888-843-4564.

20. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

In the pits one time Jungle was pitted next to a chevy transporter much like his own. When the guy next to him came back ,He noticed jungle had the rear end of his ramp truck jacked up in the air. The guy said can i give you a hand Jungle said no i am done and let the jack down and drove away. Well this guy gets in his ramp truck a half hour later and starts down the highway he hears noise like his rearend is being chewed up. Then he says that sob jungle changed rearends, so he sped up hopeing to catch jungle after a hour he blew a rear tire so they changed it
    but when rolling the old in to load on the truck they noticed it was makeing noise so they pulled in to a gas station and had the tire broken down .Guess what was inside beer cans,yep jungle broke down there tire filled it with beer cans then remouted it and put it in there truck . He just wanted themm to think he took there rearend. Then there was the time Ivo swaped all the chevy ramp trucks hoods ,so you had a blue ramp truck with a yellow hood,black truck with a green hood and on down the line.He did this at the motel parking lot when the other racers were asleep or at the bar.

21. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

Years ago I worked at a local Cadillac dealership as a driveability tech. My buddy and I managed to have a bit of fun now and again. We started out innnocently enough with hooking the horn to the brakes, turn signals, or reverse lights every time we worked on the office ladies cars. I always had a few relays with pigtails and alligator clips ready and waiting to go.
    Pretty soon the gals got wise to us and we had to incorporate delay mechanisms. I got to where I'd wire in a photocell so that the prank would only work during the night.....

One time my buddy went out of town and left his truck at the shop...bad move for him. I wired up a small windshield washer pump, ran the hose up inside the cab, behind the seat and zip tied a squirter nozzle to his gun rack. Now I wired in my photocell and relay so that at night time, when he put the truck in reverse the pump would run. It was perfect, he looked back over his shoulder about the time the squirter hit him in the face...lol

Anyone remember those remote car starting doodads that were popular back in the 80's? I use to wire one up to a windhsiled washer pump and place it right outside the parts department door. I'd run the hose up the wall and tape the squirter about head height. When someone walked by I could hit the remote and give them a suirt. It never failed, the first thing people would do (after the initial jump) would be to walk right up to the squirter and look right at it........perfect for another remote activated squirt..................my jaws hurt at the end of the day from laughing so hard.....woohooo

Another quick and easy prank is to put a long zip tie around someones driveshaft.......the tail will whip[ around and make a heck of a ruckus.

Bobby

22. cruiserbuddy

cruiserbuddy
    from Germany

As a mechanic, I asked a guy, who was doing an apprenticeship in our company, to take off the igniton wires, to check, if something is wrong with them. He did and I turned the ignition switch........
    Did get really in trouble with his teacher, wow.........Oh, ah, yes, I am an asshole.......:)))))))))

23. Toymont

Toymont
    from Montana

My dad used to tell the story about coming out of a movie theater with his date and hopping in his model A roadster, putting it in gear and just sitting there as the rear tires spun. Turned out some of his buddies had jacked it up and set the rear axel on two quart pop bottles that brought it about an inch off the ground.

I remember pulling into a Wallmart parking lot a couple of yrs ago and seeing a Jeep CJ that someone had completly wrapped up in that comercial shrink wrap.

24. von zipper

von zipper

After a coworker invited us to a party on the northshore in Chicago only to find out it was his snooty sisters party and she told us he went to Midway airport to pickup someone [he would be gone for hours!] I took off his wheels with my floor jack and put them under the car and put the car on them! This is a guy that knows nothing about tools!! MADE ME FEEL BETTER!! Needless to say,he got the point!!

25. One time back in the 80s, as more of a revenge tactic than a good-natured prank, I went to an art supply store and bought a can of this glass etching acid called Frosty Glass. I coated all the windows of this bastard's brand new IROC. It was the dead of winter, so he thought all his windows were iced up. I watched him from down the block as he spent 2 hours trying to scrape at his windows! It was sweet to see that thing on the back of a rollback, being sent to the dealer to have all his glass replaced, on his dime.

26. One more. I was dating this girl for a while back in college, and lent her money to have her 88 Cougar redone, including cheesy ground effects, fiberglass hood, wing, and a paint job, the whole late-80s treatment. Never pays me back, even after we broke up. Would've chalked it up to life experience, if she hadn't bragged to her friends about how much she took me for. Being the nice guy I am, figured her car could use another coat of paint for good measure. Took the lid off a gallon of paint, put a piece of sheetmetal over it, turned it upside-down and put it on the roof of her car. The paint stayed in the can until she came out of her work and saw it. First instinct is to go and remove the can, right? I'm sure you can guess what kind of disaster it turned out to be for her.

27. custom

custom
    from Ohio

Some folks mentioned putting Limburger cheese on the manifold.
    We used the same cheese on my brothers car but grated it into the back of his radiator in the winter.

28. El Gordo

El Gordo

My Moms favorite tale is how her Dad got revenge upon the local "privy tippers"
    To you youngin's a privy is an out house
    It seemed every halloween night some local boys would jump the back fence and sneek up behind Grandpas' privy and tip it over upon its door and one year they tipped it with Grandpa IN IT!
    This ment war!
    Grandpa knew who it was but they denied guilt and their Dad wouldn't believe that his sweet boys would cause trouble (sound familiar??)
    So what Grandpa did was hook up his truck to the front of the privy with a long rope, and when dusk fell he backed up the truck - moving the privy forward 4 feet leaving the pit right behind the back wall.
    Grandpa was also devious enough to invite the sweet boys' Dad over for a drink that evening.
    Soon there was a big noise in the back yard and Grandpa and the Dad ran outside to find 3 not so sweet boys up to their armpits in semi-liquid s**t.
    The boys' Dad now believed Grandpa and made his boys apologize while still covered hear to toe with s**t and empty the privy pit the next day (which Grandpa had made sure was very full ):D

29. PAUCHO

PAUCHO

peanut butter on the door handle......

30. A bunch of friends put dogshit on the underside of one guy's car door handles. For a while afterwards, he was known as "Shitfinger Jones"