Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Drag cars in motion.......picture thread.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Royalshifter, Dec 12, 2007.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

2. guffey

guffey

looked like this then
    [​IMG]

3. guffey

guffey

It had a Timmy Rischards motor at times This is the Dodges Boys Strickler Jenkins A/FX car in it's second ownership.

4. SquigMachine

SquigMachine

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: HOLY DEAR BABY JESUS!!! that is the sweetest thing i've seen!

5. storm king

storm king

Anybody ever see a '68 Charger funny out of the Bay area called "Mind Bender" real funky phsycadelic paint job.

Did Tim Richards run out of New Jersey back then? I thought he ran with a bunch of guys that had a '63 max wdege car, and a '40 Willys gasser, also with a max wdge in it, called "Aroura 7" The cars were green.

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

10. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

8000 posts later.

[​IMG]

11. guffey

guffey

WTF Dude Have I ever mentioned that you might have it made. Congratulations on starting this monumental threab and nailing 8000 posts

12. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Would not have happened without all of you guys.

[​IMG]

13. storm king

storm king

Next week I should finally be able to post some of my old shots I've been having scanned. Sorry I missed the party in '08!

14. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dean Lowe kicking ass in 1962

[​IMG]

15. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

16. Race Artist

Race Artist

I believe Tim Richards' home track was Pocono Drag Lodge. I recall a '63 and a '64 Plymouth, even a Superbird (name Bruce Gould was on it I think) later on that he ran. I saw the blue Superbird at one of the S/S Nationals at York as well as other meets.

The green Aurora 7 Willys had a 426 wedge in it but it was a group out of Queens or Brooklyn, NY area ... Joe Black was the main guy with that Willys. I don't think Richards was involved with that car.
    Joel

17. ...from Pam Graeber.Al Graeber "Tickle Me Pink",1971. Dennis Doubleday
    [​IMG]

18. verpuffen

verpuffen

Thanks so much for all the great photos. I've looked at every page and I have to admit that you are putting up some things that really take me back. Happy New Year to all of you!

19. bobhoneybrook

bobhoneybrook

Congratulations Royal Shifter for starting the best thread ever, I have read every page more than once and I am on here almost every day to check out the progress of history.
    Re the winners list of the '62 winters there are some legends on that list, I wonder if the D.Long with the B/A Simca is the famous Don Long who went on to build many of the best ever dragster frames. The exploits of some of those winners would make a great book, guys like John Loper, Hayden Profitt, Jess Tyree, S, W &C, Don Nicholson, Jim Nelson , John Mazmanian etc. have made great contributions to this sport.
    Happy New Year to all.

20. Was there a model of the Funny Gremlin? It looks very familiar.

21. 65deluxe

65deluxe

Hey Royalshifter, anymore info on the '60 Ford? Who ran it etc? Here's another shot.

[​IMG]

22. steal32

steal32

Does anyone out there have photos of a dragster that ran in 61-63 at lyons ramona san fernando Bakersfield and Az. called "SIDEWINDER Plus 1 It was a chain driven sidewinder with a blown desoto with jack start it was my Dads car Ron Hammel Also any photos of ARMSTRONGS "CANUCK"

23. steal32

steal32

ALSO wanted to add This thread is AWSUM I would say it brings back memories but up untill 1965 I was only a gleem in my Daddys eye!!!!!

24. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Would that have also been the [SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]Lowell Lister Sidewinder
    which Bob
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]Rosetty now owns and is restoring it to its 1960 look.[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]Joe Jacono drove it in 1960.

[​IMG]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]

25. Thanks for this list Skip. I have the R&C pic, but not a copy of the class winners list. Damn, my name is in there with some of the heavy hitters. Dyno Don, KS Pittman, Doug Cook, Hugh Tucker, Maz, Jim Nelson, Hayden Proffitt, Gary Cagle, Johnny Loper, ol' Sam Parriott, hell, even that Don Long guy who went on to be a pretty good chassis builder. :)

26. I just noticed, behind the Watson & Needham roadster is my Dad's '58 Ranchero, the same one I ran 147 at Bonnevill in a few months later, AFTER it towed our '53 Stude to the salt. Cool.

27. Neglected Steel

Neglected Steel

Happy New Year!

Attached Files:

28. rooman

rooman

Rick,
    I was there<G>

Roo