Register now to get rid of these ads!

How is Hambandy?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NYfatboy, Dec 31, 2008.

1. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

Just thinking about him,wish him and everyone a happy new year!

2. Here's to a happy, blessed, and Happy New Year for Andy and hoping/praying that he gets to log a lot of time behind the wheel of that beautiful car of his

3. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Ditto on that.

Please let us know how Andy is doing.

4. movingviolation

movingviolation

Sorry for being a slack ass on the Andy updates.......

Andy has had a wonderful Christmas, i was told that he wanted a portable BBQ so he could do hot dogs for the boys when we cruise to any shows.....how freak'n thoughtful is that! He thinks about everyone, everyday.

I was fortunate to hook up with Andy twice Christmas week and he was feeling a little ill but still very much on the go and the same Andy we all know and love. But from what his mother says,,,,,,bumped into her boxing day,,,,,Andy had a really good Christmas, both in health and happyness. His mom feels the experimental drug is working..and we all hope so.

Andy is a tough kid with great values and personality, he has learned alot from his fellow HAMB brothers and sisters. And im sure we have all learned from him.

Once we do pizza and beer in the next week or so i will post updates or pictures,,,,,,

Now Andy............I know your reading this ya chump!!!! Your fellow HAMB'rs wanna hear from you ya slacker......lol

Leon

5. cool i am glad is doing ok ! he is in my thoughts almost daily!

6. youngrodder1929

youngrodder1929

good to hear, thx for the update
    happy new year to all

7. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Happy New Year Andy! I wish the best for you in the coming year!

8. Thanks for the update...nice to hear some good news

9. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Cool deal! Thanks for the update! I was thinking about him earlier and also a day or so ago when Leon posted about the blister tech.

Happy New Year Andy! Glad Santa Claus was good to yoU!

10. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

Andy
    Happy New Year

Think of you every day.

Dick

11. Thanks for the update,I had been wondering too. Happy New Year to HAMBAndy and family.:D

12. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

What he said.
    Glad you're still doing ok, Andy!

13. Happy New Year Andy! Glad you had a great Christmas and hopefully I'll meet you some day and share a "dog" with yah! If you ever get to any hot rod events in the Columbus, OH area - drop me a line and we can get together and chat all about flathead motors!

Dale

14. Gearstix

Gearstix

What part of Newfoundland you guys from?

15. Zeke

Zeke

Glad to hear he's in good spirits.

16. movingviolation

movingviolation

St. John's and surrounding areas

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Happy New Year Andy.

18. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Happy New Year to Andy and best wishes.

19. Weasel

Weasel

All the best for 2009 Andy - get some time in behind the wheel of your hot rod!;)

20. Happy New Year from New Zealand, Andy. Your sedan is my desktop wallpaper.

21. Gearstix

Gearstix

I'm from Clarenville..

I'm not sure what exactly this thread is about...

22. Happy New Year Anderooski!

23. With all the crap going on it the world right now, it slipped my mind how fortunate we really are to live in a free country, and how great it was, what everyone did who kicked in for Andy.

24. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

Great news to hear that he is doing good. This holiday season has been hard for our family with my dad having open heart surgery, me having knee surgery and my mom having hand surgery. (my moms and mine were planned) but even tho it may get hard for you and your family sometimes you need to look around and realize it isnt that bad and when i young kid can have such a terrible sickness and pull threw and show everyone to live life to the fullest everyday it makes you want to do the same to show him that he inspires everyone even if he doesnt know them personaly. Thanks HAMBAndy and i hope you have a great 2009.

Oh yea andy when are we going to get some YouTube clips of you doing burnouts in that Model A haha :)

25. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

That Andy sure has a cool car. Hope he reads this and knows that we all still think about him.

26. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

All the BEST Andy.

Nick.

27. happy new year andy!

28. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Hey Clarenville!!!!
    This thread is about "HAMBAndy"! He's a bud of ours who's fighting some health problems and kicking ass on a daily basis.
    Do a search on that name but have your beverage in hand as it will be a long read!!!

Basicly a group of local HAMBers (and in the later stages most of the St Johns area car enthusiasts too!) built Andy Dunn a Hot Rod Model A/V8...that would never have been possible without the absolutely unbelievable support of the worldwide HAMB collective and some like minded local supporters.
    Pictures available here...http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff118/Hambandy/?start=340
    ...go backwards from page 18. :D

Heres some pics from the cars first outing...where Andy won 4 trophies and became a member of the Carbonear area car club.
    http://s518.photobucket.com/albums/u347/Ton2660/Hamb Andy Day/
    More importantly...he took the car for its maiden roadtrip(s)...into the show on the first day and then on a 12ish mile blast around Carbonear during the breakfast cruise on Sunday morning! Brought her back on fumes...LOL

Last edited: Jan 1, 2009
  29. NYfatboy

NYfatboy

Thanks guys,and stay strong Andy!

30. crashbox

crashbox

Happy new year, Andy!