Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods When things seem to look wrong..but yet look all so right..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Littleman, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

It's a cool car. Do you think you could have moved that motor any further back, though? I mean that thing is right there! It's different, that's for sure. I'm not sure if I like it yet, I'm still drinking the stance in.

2. solid

solid

yeah i'm all chubbed up.

3. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Yes...I would have moved it back another 4'' to 6''.............you must be tall?...ha ha ha....just foolin around........I will be the first to say that my middle name is not conventional/normal....Littleman

4. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Well, either way, it's cool that you're doing what you want to do and not following the trends, so more power to you. :cool:

5. phukinartie

phukinartie

if lovin that is wrong i dont wanna be right

6. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Small update....The quarter panel clearance is starting to take shape.....Littleman

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

I'll buy that pile of junk from you! It is soooo wrong. But i bet i can make it right if you have the keys.... :D

8. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You hope its as quick as the pick up? Well, as it looks like its doing 200 just sitting there I think its already quicker?
    What size are the rear wheel/tyres?
    Looking good man!
    Doc.

9. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks,
    I will be lucky if it will be as quick.............rear rims are Radir 8'' w/ Radir 10'' Slicks....Littleman

10. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

Dave ,the battery needs to be turned 90 degress if you plan on racing it

11. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

12. bonesy

bonesy

13. Rex Schimmer

Rex Schimmer
    from Fulton, CA

Dave,
    I saw your first picture of your rear wheel/tire clearance problem and thought, " 1/2 inch wheel spacers, no problem"! then I saw your little "clearance" operation on the qtr panels. Never listen to me!!! Man that is SO BITCHEN!!!! absolutely love it and it give the car just one more thing to look at a admire!

Neat idea and execution!!

Rex

14. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

So awesome man.. Hope you are doing well Dave

15. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

you could disturb me anytime you want with that thing. I would have just wandered over to have a look. :)

16. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

How much does your tire clearance allow the tire to grow at speed?

Edit, I guess that isn't a consideration, the tire narrows as well so clearance wouldn't be an issue at speed?

17. Cshabang

Cshabang

looks good Dave..just curious, why does it have to be rotated?...I know of tons of cars that run the track like that, in fact most cars run like that

18. cactus zach

cactus zach

a lil o/t question i think, That red pistolgrip shifter is that an original peterbuilt knob or a reman lol agian sorry i collect them and sorta pick them out of the crowd

19. HotRod33

HotRod33

I tell my neighbors if I am doing something that bothers you let me know..If I keep doing it I am doing it on purpose....so fire that bitch up and drive it....

20. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I will check that out in my nhra book...just to know it...Thanks
    The battery was placed their temporary just to make the Detroit show........I never liked it their.....I do not like the visual when looking down at the back of the car...its not balanced with the battery to one side.........Its funny you mentioned this.....I was laying in bed before I got up thinking about the battery and its location.....I am thinking of doing away with the passenger seat and mounting the battery their....into some kind of cool box thats built into the rear firewall with a sealed access to it.....Who needs a passenger in a DragCar....that will only slow you down.......Littleman

21. johnboy13

johnboy13

That thing is so freakin' cool

22. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I should be good.....I took this into consideration.......the squared off outer surface edge of the slick does not stick into the body...most of the clearance was for sidewall.....Thanks, Littleman

I will add, I looked into different rim offsets ect......This Radir rim gave me my best options...any deeper I would have had to mess w/ the body line bead that travels down the top side of the quarter.......right now you can look at the back of the Coupe and really not see anything wrong or out of place.....by maintaining the bead placement......helps the illusion........so I think....Dave

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  23. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I am not familiar with the Peterbuilt stuff.......The one I have you see them at swapmeets and on the-bay from time to time....Thanks, Littleman

24. Littleman that thing is plain Wicked!

25. Dave, DDS is just unGODly It is a ride of its own nature, there is and never will be anything at all like it. My almost 3 yr old son is in my lap looking at this thread with me and says you need to paint it green and that I need to get my butt in the garage and work on his model A, Yes his, not mine.. lol I just had a lumbar fusion in my back, but I have one jeep to finish, and as soon as I am done with it, I will be hitting the A hard and heavy.

You are an awesome fabricator in my book. At first I really did not like the idea slipping in the quarter panel for the tire clearance, THEN I scrolled down and saw the pics, Holy Cow man that is slick as black ice. I love it. Every picture I see of DDS is phenomenal. Keep going brother make it your way and noone else's way. I love your way of thinking outside of the box.

Will

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  26. super plus

super plus
    BANNED

The battery won't live in that direction ,It's about the direction of the plates, It's not a saftey issue

27. Dave the car is killer,love it. What happened to the job with Jimmy Shine ? Was it just temporary? With the quality of work you do Id say he could defenitly use you!

28. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

I really was offered the job, but turned it down in the end.........It was monetary suicide to move from Ohio to California along with other obstacles........I am good friends with everyone....Jimmy is like a brother to me......and anyone would be lucky to work for Pete Chapouris.........but one thing I did learn, anything is possible!!!.............Thanks, Dave Littleman Lohr

29. Littleman

Littleman
    Alliance Member
    from OHIO, USA

Thanks Will, hope you heal real quick so you can get to work on your boys HotRod !.....As far as being an awesome fabricator.......I really am amateur when at my best......learning along the way just like everyone else............Thanks, Littleman

30. RustDust 29

RustDust 29

That car is bad ass I love it...finish it!