Register now to get rid of these ads!

Falcon wagon or Nova wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoplias, Dec 13, 2008.

?
  1. Falcon wagon

249 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. Nova wagon

220 vote(s)
    46.9%
  1. fef100

fef100

Early Falcon 2 dr with an FE, just for fun.

2. BUTCHER WILL

BUTCHER WILL

I have had both wagons. I will have to say I like the Nova wagon better!

3. johnmondy

johnmondy

I say do the one you find although the Nova would cost you a little less...Ford parts are hard to find and cost can get out of control.I just finished my 2 door 61 Comet Wagon and I can tell you it will be the last wagon I do way harder than a typical car restoration......I would go for the Nova but I can tell you if you find a Comet you will draw a lot of lookers.

Good luck on you choice

John

Attached Files:

4. Kustom Komet

Kustom Komet

Falcon. Sculpted styling, 2 door and sedan delivery available from the factory, inexpensive to buy, even 2 door versions, some were V8 but it's as easy as falling down to swap a SBF into any of them, better looking as a custom than the squared-off Chevy II - which has more of a jr. muscle car look. Mr Mondy is right, a Comet 2dr wagon gets crazy attention at the car shows; where many show goers are now tending to gravitate toward the unusual.

[​IMG]

Until this thread, I had not seen any Chevy II 2 door wagon conversions with actual side glass, it seems most guys did the 2 door sedan doors and 1/4 panel work, so far so good, but then copped out and made it into a sedan delivery. Cool looking for sure, but high-pressure and very not fun to drive in traffic.

-KK

5. spooler41

spooler41

Well, I had to throw in with the Nova group. That being said I now own a 68 Ford country sedan, which was too cheap to pass on,it"s a great driver and is rust free. It had some minor electrical issues the P/O could not deal with,it turned out to be a realy bad splice job at the ingnition switch. I still miss the 62 Nova wagon I had in the early 70's and would love to find another one.

............Jack

6. novasrus

novasrus

Nova wagons for me. I have had a few my first one was a 64 400 nova factory 283 4 speed . This one is a 62 with a LS1 auto

[​IMG]

7. Mumbles

Mumbles
    from PNW

I voted for the Falcon but I'm also partial to the Comet wagon. Here's mine.

Attached Files:

8. 63ChevyII

63ChevyII

[​IMG]

Hoplias,

What did you decide to do? Where are you in California. There are a ton of nova wagon guys in So Cal. I hung out with a few of them last weekend.
    [​IMG]

There are a bunch more pics here:
    http://63chevyii.com/photos.htm

9. hoplias

hoplias
    from California

I got a 65 falcon wagon ..Thanks for asking

10. Falcon looks way better as a wagon than the Chev II.

11. 63Compact

63Compact

Falcon only cause I'm a blue oval guy

12. 64wagon

64wagon

I really like the novas but I do have a 64 falcon wagon so i guess i can't say which i like better. I like both o so very much:D

13. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

I got my son's Jr. Dragster ready for the season this past weekend. Then got about 3 hours in on my 64 Nova Wagon. Looks like the next 3 weekends can be devoted to the wagon. Getting closer to paint. I'm really motivated to get it done thanks to this site. I might be driving it by summer time.:D

14. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Neither..........not rods, not customs, and not traditional........WTF?

CB

15. cgaswillys

cgaswillys
    from New Jersey

Awe come on now cuznbrucie!!!! Might not be a 32 highboy but they are pretty cool. Here's my favorite of my toys, is this cool enough for you. LOL!!!!:D

[​IMG]

16. bk812

bk812

i got a thing for falcons

17. hoplias

hoplias
    from California

These are cars have turned into the fun REAL old school hot rod cause one simple part does not cost $800 and they are within the reach of NORMAL young people or good people on a budget .Lets face most 32 highboy these days goes against everything that the hot rods back in the day stood for and thats getting a car for dirt cheap(not 15k for a rusted piece of metal these days) stripping all the heavy sh#t off and comfort old people parts and making it go fast .There are a few guys that got lucky and found a barn find for cheap but lets face it most of guys spent 30k on your uh uh what you call jalopy ... do not mock what in these days are the real hot rods that a 18 year old can afford and keep a cool USA made car going with the tradition of yesteryear and not turn to the foreign junk .If you get old do not forget how it felt to be young and that not just cause you want to build a car you had when you were a kid but it a feeling in the soul of making things work for not a years income for some people these days in the times of economic instability .To talk bad about these american wagon is to if you think about it ,talk bad about all old cars .
    Lets see if guys in the early 60's were building 32's, thats 30 year old cars that were getting built hmmmm its 2009 and the falcons and Nova are from 60's WTF is the difference .
    Some of us rode in these wagons as kids same as some of you older guys rode in the 30's and 40's cars when you were kids and you going to say not traditional ..hmmmm sad

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  18. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

We need more pics of your wagon please. Assuming its in your Avatar it looks very very nice.

19. creepyjackalope

creepyjackalope

Perhaps they are just Jalopies...... and those of us who have them love them. WTF Right back at ya.

20. Love the 2 door Falcon wagon and Panel deliveries.

21. You must open your mind grass hopper;)

22. Squatch

Squatch

That is friggin cool... would look awesome towed behind my 63 country squire!!!

23. macaroni

macaroni
    from portland

both cool but since the nova was my first real car and i still own it i vote nova.

24. macaroni

macaroni
    from portland

Well put hoplias! thanks for sticking up for the youngsters.

25. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Seesko,

I see your Merc all the time on the road driving my 36 :)

I have a 62 falcon 2dr wagon that will be for sale soon .....

Doug

26. henryj429

henryj429

Slight edge to the Nova because you can actually get decent power out of the old 6 banger and they sound cool with split exhaust. The Falcon engine is weak weak weak unless you are lucky enough to run across some rare speed parts.

One exception.....I'll swap my Nova in a heartbeat for a little Ranchero (65 and earlier). They really turn my crank.

27. RustNeverSleeps

RustNeverSleeps

I used to say Nova hands down, but now that I have a Falcon I gotta say it's pretty cool!

Attached Files:

28. RustNeverSleeps

RustNeverSleeps

And what I plan to do to it next

Attached Files:

29. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

30. silverfalcon

silverfalcon
    from california