Register now to get rid of these ads!

"CARS"- the movie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 36 ROKIT, Dec 28, 2008.

1. I was blown away by the details in this recent animated movie. From the chrome trim on the Hudson Hornet, to the grille and soft suspension in the Merc cop car, to the "Texas Cadillacs" mountain range in the background,
    it was great to see producers finally employing REAL technical advisors in
    a car movie. (Not to mention, accurate and authentic engine noise-e.g.,
    Porsche)

Does anyone know who the tech. advisors were? (not mentioned in credits)

Besides Paul Newman (Hudson) and Larry the Cable Guy? (tow truck), who
    were the voices of the other main characters (cars)?
    Thx,
    Robb

2. There were plenty of threads about Cars when it came out. One of the HAMB's own worked as an animator on that pic...I think it was 36Jivebomber or something like that...

good kids movie.

3. Bonnie Hunt - Porsche
    Cheech Marin - lowrider Chevy
    Queen Latifah - Flo

Those are what I remember right off.

4. the cop car was Voiced by a very good friend of mine by the name of Micheal Wallis.some of you have heard me talk about him before,He is a writer and a historian in american and one of the most knowalgeable persons around on Route 66,He has written books on it and many american icons.He was brought in as a tech advisor on route 66 if you know66ou will see many know buildings on the route,the cozy hotel was really the cozy dog......the tire store was the gas station in shamrock texas.etc...........so with his deep voice he was a natural for the cop voice,just wait for #2

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Good movie you need to see Paul Newman in "The Life & Times of Judge Roy Bean" to get the full effect of Doc Hudson.

6. gaspumpchas

gaspumpchas

Chip Foose was one of the tech advisors; think Mario Andretti, Richard Petty, who the "king" in the movie, and a bunch of others...the credits are hard to read, but a car nut can pick out so many little details that the average gold chainer would miss. Do not miss this movie!!!

gaspumpchas:D

" Hey, man, got any more of them secret agent spy scopes???"
    " hit parade on the stethoscope? you got the wrong number , pardner"

7. I don't know all of them without looking it up. But I have the soundtrack, it's great as well. Darrell Waltrip and Bob Costis (sp?) were a couple of the announcers at the beginning race, and Richard Petty is "King" - the Petty blue Superbird and his wife Linda is "Mrs King". Seems like John Ratzenberg has a part in it too, along with Dale Earnhardt Jr, Michael Shumacher, Cheech Marin & Mario Andretti. I'm sure there were other famous voices.

8. wish I could remember who it was ,he was nice enough to take some guys from the HAMBS cars and give them the "cars" look

9. beaulieu

beaulieu
    from So Cal

Dave Deal RIP had something to do with it to......

Beaulieu

10. Somewhere I read they have a sequel planned for 2011.

But yeah, there's like several long threads on it, I'd do a search. Or buy/rent the DVD and freeze-frame the credits -

11. noboD

noboD

My 18 month old grandaughter can say about 6 words that you know what she is saying. Lightning and Mader are 2 of them!! I like the VWs that fly around the lights and bump into the screen. How about the udders on the tractors when they tip? When my 3 year old grandson and I look at magazines he tells me the drag cars doing wheelstands are tipping. NAH, this movie will never influence anyone!!

12. Oh yeah, my 2 of my grandsons ages 3 and 2, MUST watch Cars nearly every day! Cars this, Cars that... It is quite possibly the "Star Wars" of their generation. And someone above said a great kids movie ??? Yup. But I think if I could find it off'n the innerstate, I'd move to Radiator Springs in a Heartbeat of America too!

13. RichG

RichG

I've got a four year old son that is addicted to "Cars". If for some reason you find yourself watching cartoons in the afternoon, you might catch one of the shorts that they've been putting out, Mater as a doctor, stuntman, and a firetruck. They're pretty cute, and actually quite funny too.

I guess if I have to be stuck watching cartoons at least they can be about "cars"...:D, a sequel would be good too.

14. kmajka

kmajka

If you would like to see the credits, check out imdb.com. The following link is for the movie Cars. It really was a great movie with incredible detail.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317219/

15. Jay, aka Jivebomber works for Pixar and was very involved in the movie. Bet you britches that the HAMB had more than a little influence on him/the movie and on us!

16. monsterflake

monsterflake

it's a beautiful movie, and gets as close to the majesty and grandeur of the american southwest as you'll ever see on film...

17. oldsman71

oldsman71

that was cool!!!!

18. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

The IMDB page for Cars will give you all the info you need about who was in the movie.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0317219/

LOL, guess I was a little slow...

19. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Great kids movie - a nice animated version of Doc Hollywood...which I'm sure was made as something else long ago.

20. Thumper

Thumper

George Carlin was the voice of Fillmore

21. gassman57

gassman57

If I recall; one of the 'Discovery' channels had a doc on the making of the movie...very informative.

22. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Having a soon to be 5 year old girl I have watched Cars about 30 times now and you can sit and just pay attention to the background through the entire movie.

23. Black Primer

Black Primer

My 3 yr old grandson is also addicted to cars. He watches it everyday. Maybe there is hope for future generations, its truly a great movie.

24. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Tom Medley was a technical advisor- you'll see his name in the credits. He was flown up to the Pixar Studio, spent some time with the Pixar people explaining a lot of Hot Rod history. Tom said that initially, there was to be a "hot rod" charactor in Radiator Springs, but obviously, didn't make it to the movie. Old school Tom was quite impressed with the computor animation techniques they utilize these days.

25. I love it when "Doc" was alone with his dirt track tires ready to go for a lap. He fires up and it sounds just like a strait 6! How close to reality is that???

26. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

Never saw it. Do not care for cartoons. Grand son saw it.

27. Weasel

Weasel

Yeah that was my only beef - no real hot rods in the movie, when there really should have been. Plenty of "furrin' cars", but Route 66 without hot rods?:eek: I hope the rectify this oversight in the sequel.;)

28. Slickster51_50

Slickster51_50

This movie was awesome its something you should probably see!Not just a kids movie.It has a little something for everyone.

29. metalman

metalman

I didn't know that, Micheal's a friend as mine as well. He told me he was an adviser for the movie when they first started the project but nothing about being in it. Maybe he didn't know yet.
    We had a premier for the movie here, the town made a big deal out of it. Invited 75 classic cars to join a parade before hand and then see the movie in a restored old theater. Didn't know why but they made my friend park her Hudson in front of the door, after the movie it made sense, walk out and "Doc Hudson" was right there!