Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 Chev chop/section

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoitink, Dec 1, 2008.

1. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Kinda like the big hood car has a nice sweep now I think :)

Cleaned up the shop today so I pulled the car outside for a bit to get a few shots of her

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Get an idea how low the car is now and my ugly mug there to.
    [​IMG]

2. FatDaddy53

FatDaddy53

awsome job so far there bro... here i am stressin bout gettin mine drivable i should gone this way first:cool:

3. Cshabang

Cshabang

time to get that thing stripped down to bare metal, blend everything nice nice(the numerous colors makes your eye dart across it haha)...then more pics!!!I'm not bashing, its got a killer profile!!!

4. Hot Rod Michelle

Hot Rod Michelle

Agreed and agreed.

5. Spity

Spity

Very cool stuff your doing man! I cant wait to see more!

6. Hey nice work in winterpeg! Here is another idea . Loose the rocker sills below the doors. Extend the doors down to match the fender. Reround the door at the bottom of the quarter panel. That is refered to as a "hollywood" door. That's my take. Hardcore vancouver

7. Threads Like this are why I come here! Keep it up. Can't wait for progress pics.

8. Flop

Flop

not to be a dick .... only thing that gets my eye is it seems like the decklid lacks a little crown for some reason in the pics .... it seems to squished or over "pancaked"

sorry to bust your balls ive sectioned the deklid on my 50 poncho so i kno how much of a pain it is

but other then that nice work.

9. skoh73

skoh73

Just gets better and better! Either yer a sasquatch, or that car is LOW! an't wait to see it all in bare metal.

10. madwagon56

madwagon56

yes its great to look like a giant when you stand next to a sectioned car. that thing is looking good, cheers

Attached Files:

11. glassguy

glassguy

your work is extremely impressive! i used to have ambition like you, i dont know what happned.lol but the fact that you left those 2 cases of budweiser out there to freeze is unforgivable!!! and im no longer interested in this post! j/k ill check this post everyday ... can someone photoshop some wide whites and hubcaps on this sled so i can finish myself off?

12. Cshabang

Cshabang

thats not left to freeze, its called an outdoor fridge, being from Mass, you should know this Dave..haha

13. lowchevypickup

lowchevypickup
    from central IL

just wanted to say thinks for the inspiration. just picked up my 50 chev 2-door coupe today. and i know no exactly what i want it to look like. hope you dont mind if i steal some of your ideas.

14. shitbox2

shitbox2

yo bad ass car...you should keep those snow tires on the back lol

15. vendettaautofab

vendettaautofab
    Member Emeritus

This is what its all about... great work, nice car, back yard shop, with the basic tools.... I love it, keep us posted!!!

16. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

I'm actually digging that idea gonna have to find some pics :)

17. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

ya the rear deck has flatend out at bit but I'm no to worried about it lol actually I just don't want to touch that trunk again if I don't have to haha.

18. ratster

ratster

19. MercMan1951

MercMan1951

Wow...just...man that's a lot of...never mind. Keep it up!

20. Thanks for the thread. Awesome job! What is the white stuff on the ground?

Bill

21. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Great, great work. Gonna lower the hood top any? Taking the 'nose' or 'crown' off the top front of the hood would help the pancake a bit - I like the trunk as is, so a slightly flattened hood to match could tie it all together.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
  22. gnarleynick

gnarleynick
    from ____

I keep forgetting about this and every time I come back to it Im like, holy fuck!
    Nice work....you nailed the chop, I love subtle chops that proportion the car just right like that.
    Nick

23. customcory

customcory

Don't pie cut the hood! Who did that in the fifties anyway. Your car is looking great, I wouldn't have the balls to section my 51 !:D

24. Spity

Spity

Awesome stuff, i think ive read this one 3 times now. You got some talent!

25. PoPo

PoPo

i like the idea of extending the doors down to the bottom! would really break all of the lines that are there.

I agree with flop about the decklid though also. its just too flat.

I dig the whole thing and I could never even attempt the section/job you did so much props to you man. Not trying to flame you but give you some feedback.

I love it and next winter you can plow your driveway with the rear bumper/roll pan !!!!

26. hoitink

hoitink
    from MB

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Well took the knife to the car again after I got the car outside that rear window didn't seem right...

[​IMG]

Dropped the rear window and adding filler where it should have gone the first time :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

27. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

the back window looks ALOT better!, i dont like when people build up ramps to the back window...

28. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

i was waiting for some1 to comment. I too agree. i think the lid needs to be unsectioned a little bit, it just tapers too much and makes it look a little short and too pointy out back. but otherwise the car is dynamite.

29. brentthebarber

brentthebarber
    from San Diego

2 more inches off the top would just put this car over the edge!!! just my opinion, I just feel since you sectioned it 3" it'd be nice looking with a 6" chop all around, proportioning the top just right with the body. but I still love the car/build.

30. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

2 more inches? your out of your mind, that would make it look like some homosexual rat rod "Kuustom"