Register now to get rid of these ads!

62 2 door hard top nova wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by novasrus, Dec 25, 2008.

1. novasrus

novasrus

I thought I'd try something different, so on 10-3-08 we started with a pretty original rust free wagon. We chopped the top 2", put hard top doors, and part of the hard top quarter panels on. Here's a pic and a link to photobucket. The project has kind of stalled over the holidays and due to my lack of planning on having the parts show up when I needed them - should have just ordered everything I needed. But, I wasn't sure about the drive train.
    http://s160.photobucket.com/albums/t170/novasrus1/2 dr ht wagon/?start=0

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice..... looking forward to seeing pics as it progresses.

3. 5150merc

5150merc
    from oregon

thats cool!a buddy of mine has a wagon that was converted to a 2dr.chevy should have made these.keep us posted!

4. Squablow

Squablow

I like where this is going. Can't wait to see finshed pictures. Are the quarter windows going to be a factory shape, or are they custom made?

5. cool idea

Attached Files:

6. That's a cool project. Here's a 4 dr wagon I converted to 2 dr hardtop using chevelle doors an 1/4 panel pieces. Belongs to a friend. It's finish painted now. I'll take a pic when I get a chance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Squablow

Squablow

Damn, that's cool, I'd love to see the finished pics of that. When was this done?

8. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

very cool. i like the first bodystyle novas, especially the wagons-2 door hardtop wagon is going to be killer looking when it's done. keep us posted.

9. That is slick, I love the old ChevyII's. I also like the can holder!-MIKE:D:cool:

10. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Love the pop up can holder....

11. Really really COOOOL ride

12. novas4life

novas4life
    from vnc,wa

WOW,I like it with coupe doors. Ive only seen them converted with sedan doors.
    Very nice.
    Brandon

13. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

very nice, keep us posted on the build

14. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

15. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

Nice gas filler adaption; er, "beverage holder". There have been so many of these Chevy II/Nova wagon 2 dr. conversions done it makes you wonder why Chevrolet did'nt do it; like Ford did with the Falcon/Comet wagon. Now, the Chevelle conversion is different, concidering Chevrolet made 2 dr. wagons in 64-65. I'd like to see a finished pic of that. Butch/56sedandelivery.

16. HotRodFreak

HotRodFreak

Excellent creativity

17. Devin

Devin
    from Napa, CA

nice work. final color? what suspension and sub-frame did you use? great beer holder btw!

18. novasrus

novasrus

The door glass, quarter glass, and window frames are all custom, because on a hard top, the roof slopes down 5/8" and the wagon roof just goes straight back. So, the frames and the windows will have to be taller. The Nova sedan roofs were 2" taller than the hard tops, so we just used a hard top front windshield frame and glass.

19. novasrus

novasrus

Thanks everyone for your compliments!! I like the can holder too /gas filler - it should be very useful on the Power Tour this coming year.

[​IMG]

20. novasrus

novasrus

I'm going to do her in black on black. TCI front and TCI 4 link rear with a 9". Mini tubed .

[​IMG]

21. very cool...chevy definitely should have built those...keep posting progress pix

22. I like what you're doing- check with Nat'l Nostalgic Nova, as I think someone did this a few years back.

23. Spity

Spity

Most people make them with 2 door sedan doors. Ive only seen 2 like novasrus's.
    Its looking good Dale, I cant wait to do a burnout in it.

24. novasrus

novasrus

Hey Doug
    I ordered the pumpkin for her to day 3:80 detroit locker .
    Heres the other two and there not finished to my knowledge .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. Yours looks waaaaaaay better than either of these...any wagon conversion is judged on how believable it is compared to a factory job. The treatment of the quarter windows looks perfect...

Thanks for sharing, and keep posting updates!

26. Spity

Spity

I would normaly say that lockers going to tear up your tires, but im pretty sure your going to burn the rubber off before any locker does? Be careful, probably everyone here likes the 66 novas, but they aren't "H.A.M.B. friendly", pre '64 is safe. [​IMG]

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

chevy 2's rule!!!!!! nice project!

28. fergenboysinc

fergenboysinc

Looking good! I love the taillight idea. Better yet if you are buying...:D

29. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

are the doors on a 2 dr Nova longer then the 4 door wagon front doors? like on a lot of cars. A buddy and I talked about doing this same thing about 5 or 6 yrs ago when I was building a different wagon. Always thought a 2 dr version should have been built