Register now to get rid of these ads!

OHIO JUNKYARDS, anyone know of any good ones?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kreal, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Kreal

Kreal

If anyone knows of any good Ohio junkyards please list some details and locations ! Perhaps plan a group junkyard excursion weekend ?

2. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Theres that one out past Southington, off 422.
    Crazy old guy with many rugged dogs.
    Charges 2 or 3 bucks to just walk in.
    Nothing worth buying anymore, but great fun to walk and look at all the stuff.

3. ...if you go, we want pics,...of the dogs too.

4. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

if there are I'm sure most folks will keep it a secret ,,soon as you post about good yard,,they tend to go south afterwards

5. 31whitey

31whitey

Place out by nelson ledges....Really creepy.

some of the old stories from the area include, dead bodies being found, huge 4th parties, and cops being run out of the area with their cars burned up.....

lawless.

6. butch27

butch27

Hey:I raced at Nelson Ledges and the only crazy shit I saw like that was in the pits at night.LOL

7. Kreal

Kreal

Where is this yard located exactly, 31whitey? Do you know the name of it? I'd like to visit.

8. Flop

Flop

only got a picture out the mean goats didnt want to offend the dog with the camera haha!!

[​IMG]

9. 31whitey

31whitey

ha...thats the place alright.

10. Shades of the Past....a walk through time...or something like that. Dude is sky high on prices his wife is scary, the dogs are mean, the goats are abused. Do a search on it....been posted about a few times.

11. moon man

moon man
    BANNED

Hell ya, good old yard the road it is off of is called herner county line rd, when u hear the dueling banjos you are there. Wear ure boots.

called s/ w will is his name.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

sounds .. nice.

13. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Junkyard Jeff is your man!

14. Yep thats it S&W. When you hear the banjos it's too late:eek:

They all laughed the last time I took out my cement boots from the truck....then we went walking/wading amongst the deerflies and mosquitoes

15. Flop

Flop

owner guy is all jerked off about"someone" putting his stuff on some internet web site. cause i called up there to see if he had any caddy quarters and he was bitchen about it... so im not gonna press my luck and go there any more .. probably end up as dog food... hell he should be happy i put the pics on here 60k people can then look at it

16. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I know where alot of yards are at but I have never been up in that part of the state,I will have to start looking since I have gotten all I can from the yards I know of around here. I really want to hit the yards in the south and south west since most of the stuff around here are rusted to nothing,I know of a yard around Newark and south of Columbus if you are into a road trip. Jeff

17. 72sst

72sst

18. Zombo

Zombo
    1. oHIo

We camp at Nelson's Ledges sometimes. I'll have to check it out.

19. Wildwood

Wildwood
    from NE Ohio

Most of the yards around us have either crushed everything old, or its so deteriorated you can't even salvaged parts off it. But, if you have not been there, Feezle Auto Wrecking just over the PA line still has some gems left. Lots of old trucks, a couple of Vegas, a rock solid '60 Eldorado....definately worth a walk through.

20. JustBryan

JustBryan
    from NE Ohio

Was that place by Nelson Ledges run by an old guy in a wheel chair a few years back?
    A buddy took me their once. Told me if I wanted to check this place out that I'd have to chat with the old man for awhile till he gets comfortable with you. He was wheeled outside by his daughter {who had a better mustache than I did}. I heard the guy runnin the place now married her. He let us in to check it out after we offered to help fix the screwed up tail light wiring on his old wrecker. Their was some pretty cool stuf in there. Probably the only way to get anything out would be to use a helicopter or a bulldozer. I heard mustache girl married wacko dude and lived happily ever after.

21. WQ59B

WQ59B

>>"...good old yard the road it is off of is called herner county line rd...called S&W."<<

According to maps.live.com (MSN.com)- the place looks pretty well cleaned out... unless I'm on the wrong spot (looks the same in 1994...)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  22. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

It isn't cleaned out. Just under acres of tree's. There is neat stuff to look at, but nothing much worth buying, and what is decent is priced crazy.

We were there one day when they unloaded an entire truckload of stale bread into a pole building to feed the dogs:confused:.

He charges 2-3 bucks a head to get in, and you had to sign some release.

Best to go when its cold or near frozen. The bugs will EAT YOU ALIVE when its warm.

I've been through it 4 times. I think I'm done:D

I only live 30 minutes from there, so if you decide to brave it, let me know.

23. rebstew187

rebstew187

Me, Jeff and about 4 or 5 other HAMBer's are doing a junkyard run 3rd weekend of January. We were going on the second weekend but I forgot about Cavilcade Of Customs in Cincy so we are holding off for the following weeked. We are hitting a fresh(for us) yard up in Ohio and then heading south about an hour into Ky to another one. Both are suppose to have old iron in them. Anyone that wants to tag along PM me and I'll let you know where we are going to meet for breakfast that morning.