Register now to get rid of these ads!

Santa brought me a Clifford? WTF is that???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustahaulic, Dec 24, 2008.

1. OK, so long story short A buddy of mine stopped by today and was needing some xtra Xmas Ca$h and sold me a few things NICE pieces, one of which I have no idea of its origin, application, nothin! 2 cyl, 4 cyl 8 cyl??? But guess what, I own it now...
    Could someone please tell me what the hell it is and is it worth anything more than just a wall hanger?
    It is an aluminum intake that was polished at one time, it has a pair of Holley 2 barrel carbs on it.

I'm sure somebody here knows...I'm going to the liquor store for some holiday cheer...I expect BIG results by my return...:DHappy Holidays Ya'll...:)
    HAMB 4 sale 056.jpg HAMB 4 sale 057.jpg HAMB 4 sale 055.jpg HAMB 4 sale 054.jpg HAMB 4 sale 053.jpg

2. 067chevy

067chevy

3. squirrel

squirrel

the older, dual carb version of this?

[​IMG]

4. Yea, Thanks...I know it's cool, but what the hell does it go to?

5. jinx............you own me a soda :D.

6. Oh yea....It has C 4750 stamped on the back....

7. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

chevrolet 153 cubic inch 4 cylinder intake ? spacing looks similar , if you find out thats what it is & are interested in selling it i would be very interested !

8. Onelow34

Onelow34

wtf??? Rustahaulic you got me stumped!

9. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

that is a cool set up. Do not know what it is for, but I think it would be cool on a roadster

10. My buddy who I got it from,
    said he thought might be for a 153 chevy 4...
    He's a mopar guy and said he didn't know for sure.
    I guess I've just never seen one...

11. Jack Clifford was a racer who raced Hudsons...He started the Clifford performance business making Hudson speed parts.

That's not a Hudson unit...I'm not sure exactly what it is honestly.

Looks like something for a 4 cyl to me...but I'm no expert.

12. Are the intake to block mounting holes snapped off or is it just me? Wall hanger if so bummer:(.-Weeks

13. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

I dont know what its for either, but damned if it doesnt look cool... and valuable

14. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i'm almost sure thats what it is , i have a 153 in my rpu , they kinda replaced the v-8 60s in midget sprint racers and cliford used to and still does make some hop up parts for the little motors !

15. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

the holes on my intake are just like that they arent broke the exhaust manifold shares the same bolt so they are like that !

16. Thanks dirtbag13 just looked like they were snapped off. Cool old intake. Clifford appears to not really make anything that looks like that anymore, all newer designs.-Weeks

17. phukinartie

phukinartie

Is it for the Iron Duke engines

18. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

the chevy 153 engines are often refered to as iron dukes and the intake and exhaust share the same side of the head hence the half circle mounting hole that looks broke, as oposed to the actuall pontiac iron duke that has the intake on the oposite side of the exhaust so i dont believe so , i am about 99% positive it's a chevy 153
    intake , one of cliffords early designs for the little engines !

19. squirrel

squirrel

That's exactly what I was thinking.

20. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

are there adapter plates under the 2 barrels ? kinda hard to tel from the pics , just currious if the actual intake had a 2 or three bolt setup and someone put adapters on to run the 2 barrels as oposed to a couple 1 barrels ?

21. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Can we be friends so you will buy random, unknown things from me?

It is a cool looking piece.

22. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

I'de have to say Chevy 153 4 cylinder also. That is cool. Would look killer on a modified ;)

23. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Yes, I also have an amazing assortment of "was polished at one time" unidentifiable items of unknown purpose that may be auto-related. Will you stop by MY house and trade me a large wad of greenbacks for them? I can guarantee that they were all manufactured prior to Taiwan knowing how to forge or cast metal.

dj

24. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

if nothing else, it's cool wall decor

25. cody repp

cody repp
    BANNED

lmfao!!!!!!!!!

26. There is a spacer in between the holley carbs and intake but it's still bossed for four bolts on the intake...linkage is still complete and carbs still open freely...

27. geemann51

geemann51

I should probably just keep my mouth shut since I have no idea what I'm talking about, but didn't Clifford also do Jeep intakes as well? Perhaps?

28. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

yes they make them for the 258-242 , alot of the earlier postal jeeps were equipped with the 2.5 153 chevy 4 cylinder , not sure if any civilian jeeps had the little 4 banger or not ?