Register now to get rid of these ads!

KOSMIC KOMET show car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 52stude43, Dec 23, 2008.

1. 52stude43

52stude43

Thanks to the Hambers for the info on lexan bubbles, here are some photos of the under construction , 2x3 frame , 1961 Ford unibody bed sides, scratch built cowl/floors, I know it has the wrong front end , had it laying around, but Roth had a few with independent so what the heck.

Attached Files:

2. InDaShop

InDaShop
    from Houston

I like it, thats cool. I think your proposed bubble may be a bit too tall though. Why not just a roadster???

3. FASI

FASI

Very creative and the workmanship is impressive. Look forward to its completion.

4. That rocks! I know the ring around the bubble will all pull together (I like the shape of it and the detail of the reveal), but right now it kinda looks like a toilet seat. LOL. I love it!

5. SHOW RODS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!!! Serious what a great start.....keep us posted

6. jonzcustomshop

jonzcustomshop

that looks cool, the beatnick bandit had an indy front suspension, so I wouldnt worry about that.

7. McKee

McKee

That thing looks nuttier than squirrel shit,...I like it!

Plowboy shouldn't have all the glory!

8. Lookin' very cool...bubble or no bubble it's lookin' great!

9. 52stude43

52stude43

My son and I have gone back and forth on the roadster/bubble top , we have been working on seat ideas , if we go with a more lay-down seat we can lower the profile of the bubble , also thinking of some sort of skirting or pods for the lower side , maybe even molded fenders and boards like the little Coffin????

10. Plowboy

Plowboy

Glory???

Weld, Weld, Weld, Grind, Grind, Grind is more like it. ha ha ha

What are your plans for the rear?

Some floating fenders like the Rod-Riguez would be cool...

11. 52stude43

52stude43

We will be running a rear radiator so some sort of grille type panel , we have fins made also , and try to still fit a small box also , might fit a six pack ?

12. Plowboy

Plowboy

some 57 ford fins would look cool mounted on the sides of the bed where the hump is, then you would in effect get a "double fin" look with the fin from the bed side...

13. bluebolt

bluebolt
    from Benton LA

What engine is that, Ford 170/200 six?

14. 52stude43

52stude43

Good eyes, I got it out of a 66 mustang had @ 5,000 on a rebuild, he put a 289 in the stang

15. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Man, where'd you find a toilet seat that big...???

Just kidding of course, build looks good...

Plowboy gets all the 'glory' cuz he's a 'farmer' in Illinois...almost an icon of the past these days...!!!

R-

16. 52stude43

52stude43

Ya know that Paul Bunyan and Green Giant have places in Minnesota. LOL:D:D

17. The Big M

The Big M

The "toilet seat" looks suspiciously like 61-66 F-100 fender arches. ;)

I had a somewhat similar idea a while ago for a hot rod with unibody bed sides, but you beat me to it! Mine never got past the point of a crude sketch though. Well done. I'm intrigued to see where this ends up.

Very cool!

18. 52stude43

52stude43

We cut them off the bed sides so we could shape the "tub" and build the roadster , but you know what happens when you stare at stuff in the corner it starts finding its way back on , then the bubble idea got burned in our heads. there lies the famous "toilet seat":eek:

19. Chevy Gasser

Chevy Gasser

Rumor has it, Plowboy only has a couple of those old B-17 ball turrets left.:D

20. ratster

ratster

crazy man jus crazy

21. showrod

showrod

very cool. could be the worlds first bubble top pick-up truck. unless you count the orange hauler by starbird. sort of a bubble.

22. 52stude43

52stude43

Here are some updated photos , molding in top and fins

Attached Files:

23. Very cool, i kinda dig the high bubble top, looks kinda goofy.
    The direction you ar going is really good, just the profile shot looks kinda square-ish, are you going to do something with the lower/bottom edge profile? Or something in the section where the door should/would be?

24. 52stude43

52stude43

Yea, we are working on the lower profile , designing some floating fenders and skirting to un-square the look a bit and will drop the bubble a bit too , grille ideas have us stumped at the moment?:confused:

25. With a high bubble like that it reminds me of something those alien mofo,s off of the Simpsons would drive! If they had a cruise night on whatever creeped out planet they are from......

26. Cut down early 60's Pontiac front clip! Theres my idea for you :p

27. vwhabit

vwhabit

Very impressive! I am a big bubble top fan and this build makes me an even bigger fan (is that possible?).
    Grill idea: small (2 1/2") chrome bullets. They would match the contour of the bubble.
    Keep those updates coming!

28. cant wait to see how this comes out. awesome stuff!

29. cretin

cretin

Looks pretty cool. I'll be interested to see how this come out.

The beatnik bandit had some fenders though (I don't know if you guys have that planned or not.) I know you said you had that suspension laying around, but I think a front suspension similar to whats on the "outlaw" would be cool. Just food for thought.

30. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Looks very cool so far. Keep the updates coming.