Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why didn't I bring that project home?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dog427435, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Dog427435

Dog427435

Why didn't I bring that project home? How many times have you seen that cool car, for sale or not and your imagination goes wild on what you could do with it?
    My garage is full of enough crap I need to finish or maintain to keep me busy for years, but I still love to look. And you all know what happens, you run across a deal that's just to good, or stop back for the fiftieth time to look and all of a sudden it's on the trailer coming home with you!
    I try to keep a record of all the sweet finds I've ran across but don't have the time or the money, to bring home. Yeah I guess it's the money, because even if you don't have the time it always looks better sitting in your backyard!
    I've got a bunch of shot's of dreams that could have been, some dating back 20 years, but still fresh in my mind. Anyone else?
    Lets see the projects you've never bought or started but still think about!

These are a couple I ran across within the last 2 weeks - They both show a lot of promise!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dog427435

Dog427435

This one bothered me for a long while - but was just more then I could take on at that time.
    Old hot rod - '52 Chevy - nosed & decked, fenched headlights, louvered hood,
    custom taillights, different marker lights and rear bumpers. Most trim and
    door handles removed, tilt wheel and extra gauges mounted on dash. It had a '57 rear and a Camaro subframe that at one time held a 396.

[​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]

3. pastlane

pastlane

I love trucks but passing on this one looks like it was the right choice. I would have drug the sedan home for sure. I'm itchin' for a new project

4. Dog427435

Dog427435

These 2 still bother me from 20 years ago!!

[​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -

5. Dog427435

Dog427435

This Hot Rod 41 Ford was way cool! - front & rear nerf bars, huge shackle lifts and a Pontiac engine. The interior had mounts for bucket seats and what looked like a Fenton shifter. You got the time??
    -
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    -
    Stll had the under seat heater!
    -
    -
    [​IMG]
    -

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Why is a huge word.......you need all of them.

7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

yeah, the ones that got away certainly out weigh the "drug em home" category..
    that's life i guess.

8. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

My problem is I keep buying them! tell me how to stop. I bought this one today. Please tell me how to stop!
    [​IMG]

9. CRH

CRH
    from Utah

Golly Molly, I would love that El Camino.

10. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Why didn't I bring a car home? I was stupid! About 20 years ago I didn't bring home a '40 Ford Coupe from Wilmington, NC because I didn't have the full $100 asking price on me. I went to Wilmington with a friend to look at a hydroplane that he was interested in buying. When we got to the guy's house I saw this '40 coupe with the front suspension missing. The guy wanted $100 bucks for it and I gave him $40 with the promise to return later with the rest. I got back to J'ville and partied my money away that weekend and never went back.

11. long island vic

long island vic

el camino is not for sale..neither is the chevy next to it.. there kevins, he is a beatnik

12. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Why i'm getting divorced? because i did bring that project home,and that one and that one and that one behind the other one
    Bob

13. Dog427435

Dog427435

At the time I took those shots he was thinking about selling the '61 - that was 20 years ago! WOW - I guess he's still not ready!!:D

14. Couldn't find a place to store this one

[​IMG]

these were more cash than I had on me

[​IMG]

This amount of work needed for this one scared me

[​IMG]

This 58 was tempting but it would have been three projects deep before it ever saw shop time

[​IMG]

s.

15. Terraizer

Terraizer

I have the problem of bringing to many home and keep bringing them and then never have the cash to start one. When i get ready to start one another to good to pass up deal comes up and then i have another project, i really need to stop buying and start building. I just came back from Montana with another 1936 C-1 IH pickup two weeks ago.

16. skyspop

skyspop

I cant answer that question for myself either,In the last 6 short years,I have photo albums of stuff brought home,only to realise I am not gonna get to it,so it gets sold or traded,not a bad thing,its the thrill of the hunt really,I will admit that,it only really sucks when all my money is tied up in rough stuff and a reallly smokin deal comes along that I have to pass on...I think we've all been there..some,I gave up on...

Attached Files:

17. mad torquer

mad torquer

Same problem. I keep bringing them home. I think I am 10 projects deep now.

18. First was when I was about 17 (a long time ago.) Running, complete '46 Ford Coupe with a good title. A little rough on the out side but nothing a little elbow grease couldn't fix. $700... Twenty some odd years later, I still think about it every time I drive by where it sat.

19. chad

chad

That is neat!!! a little more info please!!! Looks like a cut down 4 dr...Whats the plan??

20. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

AHHHH Die Thread Die!

This thread is just like that stupidly cheap and rust free C10 stepside that's trying to follow me home. I just want it all to go away in a tidy little package like it never existed.

21. Dog427435

Dog427435

Could not bring myself to bid as much as this went for!

[​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -

22. Dog427435

Dog427435

This only went for $700 - but you had to cut down 2 trees and drag it out of the mud!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I shouldn't have been so lazy!!

23. Dog427435

Dog427435

This one was on the top floor of a collapsing barn by me for years. I left enough notes to write a book.

[​IMG]

One day I went by and it was gone - but I found it on the front lawn of a house a short distance away! This was in 2007 - the plate was from 1958 - but it was still not for sale. I went by the other day and it's still sitting!!

[​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]
    -
    [​IMG]

24. Mr Mayo

Mr Mayo
    from Huff, ND

25. I am more aggravated at the ones I let go than the ones I never got. I've done some stupid shit over the years. Somebody will get that Nomad out of there. That '53 Buick looks cooler than the '58 in my opinion and I love that Lincoln!

26. 41 C28

41 C28

27. Balls Out Garage

Balls Out Garage
    from Arkansas

Get a wife who isn't into cars!

28. Balls Out Garage

Balls Out Garage
    from Arkansas

29. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:(

I did not bring this one home because he will not sell it ...

[​IMG]

And I did not buy these ... because they are just too far gone ... for my talents :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And these were just too much $$$ ... for me ... to be as rough as they are

[​IMG]

[​IMG]