Register now to get rid of these ads!

dare to be different pic thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Bullfather, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

For the most part, this thread should be moved to RATRODSRULE.COM. hahaha.

I wish I could remove the memory of some of things I have looked upon in this thread.

2. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

Bored Farmer + A Case Tractor + An Old Ford F1=

Attached Files:

3. boldventure

boldventure

I thought it was bobble-heads.....not bubble heads...what a difference one little letter can make. LOL

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  4. Midnight 50

Midnight 50

Mine is different because all the shaving and things done and it still looks like a 50 poncho. LOL. Waiting on parts to go from the 3" to a 5" drop. This was a Deluxe so it had about 800 pieces of trim removed and welded up.

[​IMG]

5. DogTownKustoms

DogTownKustoms

[​IMG]

Not sure about paint yet, but I'm going to clamp the springs all around and try to get as low as possible but still use it daily. I was thinking black steelies with spider caps. Me and Jose from the Devils are going to do a full custom dash with some stripping by Greg from the Devils.
    I want to do something custom with the grill too, but I'm trying to think of what I could do.
    [​IMG]
    Maybe a Hilborn style scoop coming up through the stock hood vents.

We'll see......should be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  6. texas_rat_trap

texas_rat_trap

Not mine but.....?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  7. Kustm52

Kustm52

You know, there's just no excuse for bad taste and styling no matter how good it is executed. And there's a shitload of it in this thread.

8. LabRat

LabRat

I think this one I saw a few weeks back qualifies for this thread .....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. UK Comet

UK Comet

10. ok ok ok I tap, I TAP!!! This thread has gone on from dare to be different to dare to be .......................well maybe Z man can fill in the rest lol WOW why? Ok I can't knock the man's ride, but his taste maybe.....

11. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Don't be hatin' on me, but I would drive the shit out of this one!!!

12. makes one sweet shop truck

13. adrenaline-guy

adrenaline-guy

I kinda thought it wouldn't go over incredibly well on this board, but, most other people dig it. The concept was to have a cheap, reliable, gas sipping car that paid homage to the classic hot rods and didn't look like everything else out there.

I have a 65 Vette that I restored like original (65 Vette interior, Vette 65 headlights, 65 Vette wheels 65 Vette wiring harness, blah blah blah), but it bores me to tears. A PT Cruiser is a disposable car with classic styling cues...it just fit to do what I did. I got the car as a salvage recovery and had some fun with it, and it ain't a Lexus or Mercedes. I posted it on the Corvette forum, and these guys thought it was pretty cool:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-topic/2202328-finally-finished-with-my-dd-a-rat-rod-pt.html

ANYONE can restore a car to original condition---it takes balls to cut one up.

14. henry29

henry29

Wow, This is like the Ugly ass customs thread all over again.

15. VNCduke

VNCduke
    from Washougal

More..i actually really like it.

16. rare and unusual.

Attached Files:

17. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

My old 61 T Bird. Was a hard top. If you can see past the big ass wheels there is a ton of work in this one.

Attached Files:

• 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      File size:
      67.2 KB
      Views:
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      63.4 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      56.5 KB
      Views:
  18. sure's been quiet! lol

19. JAWS

JAWS

Die DIE DIE!!!!!!

20. This might get me kicked off the H.A.M.B. but here's a couple toys of mine. The Grand Wagoneer I built about a year & half ago just because I got the itch for one. The 3wheeler is a 73 I've had since about 1981. I hot rodded it and converted it from 70cc to a 110cc with electric start. Why? Well I really don't know why...

Attached Files:

21. I dont think Chucky is a HAMBer, but the car started life as a early 50's Chevrolet, the boattail was built out of a Buick hood, and then he put a Pontiac front clip on it.

CBB

PS, Chucky also built this wagon, but sold it years ago. It was just seen at the Mooneyes Xmas show.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  22. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

23. 33mopower

33mopower

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. 33mopower

33mopower

25. I've seen this car on Long Island before, it was at a pinstripe and tattoo Brush, Needles and Burnouts show last year. I had three skate decks painted by 3 different Japanese artists. Mr.G, Low Hide and Makoto they did some awesome work for me!

26. flynstone

flynstone

here is different...........fiberglass sittin on a 36 hudson .....beat that

Attached Files:

27. Rdono

Rdono

[​IMG]
    My 47 383 SBC powered Topolino, 456 HP. The roof was filled, chopped and the body was widened 4 inches and the hood has an additional 12 inches. All this on a custom chassis, the nose assembly is aluminum the body (cowl back) is steel.

28. tooslow54

tooslow54

Holy shit. This is the first time I've looked at this thread and I want those 10 minutes back! PT's, Thunderbirds, neon paint, ATVs...is this the freakin twilight zone or the HAMB??? This thread is a magnet for FNG's...have fun while it lasts boys and girls...

29. So why the hell did you resurrect it? It's been dead since the 19th.
    What? Are you looking to start something? Let sleeping dogs lie. Geez.

30. tooslow54

tooslow54

fuck off! it was on the front page when I pulled up the HAMB today (not sure how?)...I don't go looking for drama. This whole thread is a train wreck.