Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Model A Sedans picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old-Soul, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Butcher Boy

Butcher Boy

Just another A sedan on 32 rails................53,000 miles and still haulin butt

Attached Files:

2. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Here's mine.:eek:

Attached Files:

3. Al Consoli

Al Consoli

4. Leaky Pipes

Leaky Pipes

Does any one know the number of 1929 Model A sedans that Ford produced? did a search but couldnt find anything.

5. v8 Bake

v8 Bake

BBob That it the look Im after.We must both have good taste.

6. petritl

petritl
    from Marion, TX

Steve I didn't realize yours was a DeLuxe. They are suppose to be somewhat rare. That is what is keeping me from doing anything to crazy with my Tudor. Does your car still have the interior pieces that make it a DeLuxe (track mounted drivers seat, dome light, woodgraining)?

Here is a picture of mine when I brought it home, the 19" spare and parade ribbon have since been removed.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
  7. NoFriends310

NoFriends310

Here are a couple...i think the blue one belongs to Dean. Black one is pretty sweet too, had a blower!

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

8. lsmjamison

lsmjamison
    from Texas

The picture with rear windows is how i found it... welded up windows and tubbed rear. I've since cut the windows back out and put an 8" rear end in it. Have a 331 Chrysler Hemi that will be in there soon too.

Attached Files:

9. daddio211

daddio211

A little too modern for some but it's mine. Eight years to build while raising kids and working 60+ hours a week.

Have done a LOT since this photo was taken in July. Got it on the road, windows in, pinstriped, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Put about 1300 miles on it so far.

[​IMG]

10. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

One of my all time favorites. Jim Green's 28 sedan. 427 sohc Cammer nicely tucked in. Sweet.

Attached Files:

11. chickenwire

chickenwire
    from New Jersey

My sedan, had it for about 10 yrs, was sitting in a barn for over 40 yrs before this...[​IMG]

12. I built this making 2¢ and a Pez candy an hour.
    [​IMG]

brEad likes this.
  13. frankenstein1948

frankenstein1948

My sedan currently under construction.[​IMG]

Mikel50 likes this.
  14. mopar210

mopar210

her are some pics of my 29 , i have posted some before (i have a bunch) , i need a little swaying in the color department . we have been having a debate on final color selection , flat black , flat green (current primer color) or the flat green with over spay flat black (as in a couple of pics) ? im staring on the floor next week and hope for completion some time in late spring . also those are some great looking 2dr sdns on this thread.

Attached Files:

Mikel50 likes this.
  15. NoFriends310

NoFriends310

need more pics!:D love'n all you guys rides....gotta be some proud owneres!

Mikel50 likes this.
  16. I am going to buy out all the subrails Brookville has.......and then the dies. I will be rich in about 10 years! ;)

17. 31aBoy

31aBoy

A more recent picture of mine checking fit of windshield frame.

[​IMG]

18. 31aBoy

31aBoy

Yes Tman, most of us know your not a big fan of channeled sedans. ;)

19. I dont mind them at all. My subrails came from a sedan that was getting channelled, to him I owe. But the fact is there are very few done RIGHT. It has become a modern cliche.

20. 31aBoy

31aBoy

Yes, you are right about that.

21. Stu

Stu
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

here's my old sedan

Attached Files:

Dannerr likes this.
  22. pecker head

pecker head

23. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

24. NiteOwlChris

NiteOwlChris

here is mine , sorry its on a trailer, but hey there is snow on the ground...ahh I am a puss!!
    [​IMG]

25. newjersm3

newjersm3

Here is mine. Waiting for some necessary corrections. Oh buy the way if anyone wants to pre buy the wilwood disc brakes and the coilovers that would help. cool thread keep them coming, Brian

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  26. primer31

primer31
    from Aurora, CO

Here are mine and my step dad's.

Attached Files:

27. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

ill throw mine in here just cuz i love it and cant wait till its done

Cheater chris your car is perfect that is exactly what my vison is!!! beautiful car i hope mine can look half as good
    [​IMG]

28. Glen

Glen

[​IMG]

still working on mine, I mounted the 30-31 visor tonight and the headers are now painted white, the front wheels have now been stripped and painted gloss black....I still have a lot of stuff to improve and finish up...including repainting that drivers door. I also want to make a top insert that is removable.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  29. roseboystoys

roseboystoys

30. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

WE got it right after WWII, My grandpa's (rip). When, about 1977, my brother and I couldn't come to terms on how to restore it, I wanted to drive it whilst working on it, he wanted to do a frame off, I traded my half to him for a jeep truck.

That car went from grandpa driving it, to being torn up by two rambunctious farm kids. Two motor overhauls, several sets of tires, from the 21" original to Buick 16" steelies, then back to the 21 inchers when we restored it. I say ‘we‘ because I helped a little, but my brothers Carl, the current custodian, and Bud(RIP) did the bulk of it.

We drove it hard and put it away wet for years, driving it wide open in second gear on country dirt roads and over sagebrush pastures hunting rabbits. When the water boiled out (a thousand times) we would follow what we had been taught; shut her down to cool and then add water and go again. It was, to put it simply, just plain abused. We mounted a big wooden box on the back to carry rabbits we shot, ran over sagebrush to the point the front cross member was all busted. One of the items fixed when it was restored; a new front cross member!

Now, I feel that my brother was right, of course, to restore it. That was done in '95. He is still the custodian. That said, if it was up to me, I would 'rod it now that's it's been reborn. Being reborn as a rod wouldn't be a bad thing, because anytime in the future anybody wanted to, they could restore it .........again................

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2010