Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who had the coolest car in school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maxwedge66, Jul 31, 2008.

1. slammed

slammed

Jim Noe 1978: a '70 Road Runner 400 police intercepter-4sp-posi.

2. 56 buick century station wagon. made for a good year book picture.

Attached Files:

3. JEPPA

JEPPA

4. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

"Alraaght alraaaaght!"

5. I graduated from Corona del Mar HS (Newport Beach, CA) in 1973 and there weren't many old cars period. Which was a real shock because I did the first two years of HS in Duarte where there were tons of cool cars. And me? I had a motorcycle, no car. But I did date the chick with the Coolest car - Brand New Ferrari ! In freakin High School, and she was only a Junior! One of the teachers commented to me as he saw me driving it out of the parking lot - this must be the only school around where the student parking lot is cooler than the teachers lot!

6. Bill Van Dyke

Bill Van Dyke

My 1957 senior year ride. Sold to Pruffer. Just refound it on the HAMB!

Attached Files:

7. panheadguy

panheadguy
    from S.E. WI

I'm pretty sure it was Bud Crane.

8. I happened to be a senior in high school in 1969. My brother was in Viet Nam. He saved all of his money, and had my dad order him a brand new 69 RoadRunner. Unluckily for him, and luckily for me, the car got delivered to our house long before he came home. I got to break it in for him. How lucky was I?

9. 72tunaboat

72tunaboat

My dad owned a used car lot, and I worked for him as his 'lot attendant'. He let me drive a lot of the cars home and to school. Probably the coolest were..a real Boss 302 mustang ( not perfect by any means), 69 442 , 72 340 cuda, 68 GTO, and several old mustangs,camaros, and firebirds. I didnt have the coolest, but definitely the widest assortment of decent cars. I think my neighbor had the coolest vehicle. A 1956 big window ford P/U with a 390 w/tripower.

10. Count Scrapula

Count Scrapula
    from Mid TN

Probably not the coolest. I graduated in '88. That would be equivalent to a kid gettin an '86 Tauras now. But, I hung onto it ever since. Funny thing is whenever I run into someone I went to school with they always ask if I still have it.
    [​IMG]

11. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Fastest car in school, 62 nova 4dr, looked absolutely stock down to the 6cyl badges and the sea foam green seat covers. Had 300hp small block under the hood, my car lived in the auto shop for a few months doing that.

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Not me, that distinction belonged to the rich kid that had a new '62 Vette F.I. that daddy bought him.
    My ride junior/senior year was a '29 Model A coupe with a '47 flathead, '39 trans, 16 in. Atlas whitewalls. The engine was a new build with a 3/4 cam and 2 Stromberg 97's. I drove it to the first two years of college and sold it before I got married. It's at the top of my "wish I still had it" list.

Frank

13. Not me either, but I had a friend named Bill McCalib in high school. During our junior year he "inherited" the '56 Ford 2 door wagon his folks had bought new 11 years earlier. Neat old car, red and white with a 292 and Fordomatic. He drove it as was for a few months, then parked it for the summer while he went commercial fishing. Came back with enough money in his pocket to rebuild the motor with polished and ported heads, Isky cam and a nice Holley 4-barrel. Added a stick set-up complete with Hurst Mystery Shifter, then took the car down and had it painted Candy Apple Red. Followed by a black diamond-tuck interior and finished off with chrome wheels and baby moons. That had to be the coolest car during our senior year of high school.

Sadly, Bill lost his life in a motorcycle accident a couple of weeks before graduation. The car sat at his folks place for a few years, then was given to his younger brother. It passed through a few owners until I picked it up, a little worse for wear and missing the tranny, a few years later. While I wish I could say I still have it, reality is that after I fixed it up and drove it for awhile someone came along who wanted it more than I did and was willing to pay a good sum for it.

For me, it was "the coolest car in school" and I did get to own it for awhile. Wish I still had it...

14. ChevypoweredAnglia

ChevypoweredAnglia
    from Almont, MI

I had a 79 Z28 with a mildly built 350 in it. I didn't build the car, it was bought from a friend of the family with my Kroger produce guy wages. The motor made a good amount of power, enough for me to get in a LOT of trouble. It was pretty built, had a bump stick from hell under the hood. I touched the 12's at the local strip with it... Unfortunately, I grew up in ritzy Bloomfield Hills, MI, where everybodys mommy and daddy bought them BMW's and Mercedes', so few actually appreciated the alarm setting off rumble of my car. I enjoyed it though, and wish I never sold it!

15. Truckedup

Truckedup

Around 1964,I can't remember his name but his dad had money and bought him a 62 Corvette.And he had a girlfriend with nice tits,in fact she was nice all over including her personality.I hated him cause I drove shit boxes and my girfriends weren't as fine as his.

16. ajcsurf

ajcsurf
    from Marina, CA

Bought a 57 Buick Century 4 door with 64,000 original miles on it when I was 15 for $4000. My parents met me half way on it. I drove that from 2000 (age 16) till 2004 for my first year of college before I tore everything off it and repainted/chromed it in the spring of 04. I haven't put it back together yet. One other kid had a 64 Nova and that was the only other old car on campus all 4 years I was there. At college, only one other girl had an old car a bright yellow falcon, from her father. I loved rolling down all 4 windows, having no post, and cruising to the beach to surf. Life was so much easier in high school!

17. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

Our History teacher who would give tug jobs in the back so you could earn a solid B in the class............ Best car ever.........
    CheaterJack

18. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

I drove this. Been out of school only 4 years now.

[​IMG]

I never thought it was the "coolest" car in school, but I did do all the work myself! No one else I went to school with could say that! Now it looks like this( not finnished with it yet)...
    [​IMG]

19. Ramblur

Ramblur

Bought my 57 Chevy sedan delivery in 75 at the end of my freshman year.
    Stripped 4 or 5 coats of paint off it,fixed the body, re-ringed,bearing'd,and
    valve jobbed the solid liftered 327 that came in it,and painted it my best
    imitation of Milner Yellow. Managed to make opening day at Quaker City
    Dragway my sophomore year and started to find my weak parts.Somebody
    has some film from graduation time that goes from class day ceremonies
    to a short clip of 3 or 4 classmates push starting me,open headered(another
    fresh rebuild) down the alley by our school then right back into people
    walking up on stage to get their diplomas. Raced a classmate that night
    in a 69 Z28. Rolled back into town after putting a car length on him and
    as we turned into the Napa parking lot he broke a lower ball joint on the
    drivers side. That, I'll never forget. At a class reunion a girl asked if I
    remembered taking her to the drive-in theater. I said,"sure,do you remember
    getting sick all over my drivers door?"
    It was my daily(in decent weather) for the next 8 years then
    unceremoniously stored in a shed while I got married and raised a family.
    Pulled it back out a couple years ago with all intentions of making the
    Hamb Drags till a broken trans sidelined it at the last minute.I have been
    exorcising the rust demons for the last couple years,but I'll be back.:)

20. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

Not me. I was a dork.
    In high school I drove a 51 chevy powerglide. I put a stick in it with a Spark-o-matic floor shift from JC Whitney, an exhaust cutout, and a chrome air cleaner. Broke the 19 second barrier at Atco dragway!
    In college I had a beat up TR3. Some luckyass kid got a Lotus Elan for graduation!

21. usmc50lx

usmc50lx
    from St.Louis

they weren't the coolest but a '76 malibu classic with 11:1 355 and a 3200 stall with cragars and bfg drag radials that went low 13's til I wrecked it! '65 Falcon four door 170ci inline w/ 3 on the tree and a '65 fairlane K-code 289 with a c4. That malibu was the fastest car my junior year at school went against a kids daddy built 71 chevelle with a 355 in it and put a fender on him the next week it had the bottle on it could beat me til he blew it up spraying! ha to much of daddy's money! and my 2 fords just looked cool on dog dish caps and pinner whites! ah class of 2003 Hazelwood Central!

22. 55chieftain

55chieftain

68 GTO with Rocket racing wheels, 428/th400 and 4:56 rear end, not too much of a highway cruiser LOL

[​IMG]

23. reichart90

reichart90

i'll bring this thread back to the top

i had the coolest car in my high school. just 6 years ago... when all the fast and furious crap was "cool" - not
    [​IMG]

24. Artie B

Artie B

may not have been the coolest but it was cool enough: 1967 malibu convertible 327/4sp M22 w/12 bolt posi 4:56 Black cherry paint w/candy red stripes. circa 1979.

[​IMG]

25. 55driver

55driver

Kelly H.S. class of '77. With a 396, muncie,and 4.10 12bolt. scan0015.jpg

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  26. krooser

krooser

We used to car pool (8 guys to a car) in my neighbor's '54 Plymouth more door. Then he got a '56 Chevy ragtop with a moulded-in Olds front bumper, a 3 deuce 265 with 3 on the floor. No more car pooling as he now had too many girls to haul to school... bastard!

27. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

It's not quite HAMB material, but my son's '70 Mustang that he and I built won best car for his senior class this year for Hamilton HS in Chandler, AZ. It is the largest HS in AZ. He got to take pics for the yearbook with the car and everything. It kinda restored my faith in youth that they didn't pick one of the many ricers or BMWs that litter the parking lot :cool:

[​IMG]

28. Shagrat

Shagrat

My 48 Plymouth back in 85. I thought it was the coolest [​IMG]and I still have it.

29. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

I went HS in Rosemead CA , and there was a guy named Earl Peterson , that had a '57 vette w/ a 4.71 blown 327 . Everyone said that he was John Mazmanian's nephew.

30. I had a red 66 Mustang notch back. 2 barrel, spd 289. Bought it with a dash mounted tach. 1000.00 in '71 of my own grocery store carry out money. Not the hottest car but darn nice. I went to West High in Wichita. Class of 73. One of my friends dad gave him a blank check to buy a car. He got the first 70-1/2 Trans Am I ever saw. Damn that was a cool car. Fast too. He kind of tore the shit out of it. He took me for a spin in it a couple of times. Made my Muskrat seem kinda limp.