Register now to get rid of these ads!

just a reminder to thank your wife

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31ratcoach, Dec 10, 2008.

1. 31ratcoach

31ratcoach
    from rolla

just wanna say how much i apriciate my wife and her being understanging about my hobbie of building cars,even though i spend alot of hours at my shop away from her and the kids, she still understands my dream and visions of my cars, she puts up with alot,and supports my decisions on what i wanna build and i imagine im not the only one out there that has a understanding wife so this is just a post to say thanks not only to my wife but to all the wifes and girl freinds that has a gearhead for a significant other and that with out you gals building these cars would be tough

2. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

My wife has put up with my "habit" for 25+ years.
    She is a partner in crime sometimes :cool:

3. My wife has put up with me pissing away money on my hobbies, and being so obsessed I don't know what day it is for over 43 years. I have two beautiful daughters that she raised wihout much input from me. She let's me do my thing, and rarely protests, and sometimes participates. I got one of the good ones. I need to tell her that more often. thanks for the reminder.

4. My understanding bride rolls her eyes alot and says "can't you just leave anything stock".... nope sorry not in my nature, everything can be improved or cut up and replaced.

s.

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

Not only is my wife supportive and likes to go on cruises and car shows with me... and encouraged me to make the cars able to haul our infant twin daughters, but she got involved in the hobby and built her own car by herself (51 Chevy Bel Air) from motor to interior, and now she's working on her next project, a 58 Morris Minor. You bet I thank her for her support, understanding, and involvement!

6. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Got you all beat !
    Last summer my loving wife had a 2 car garage built for me !!!!!
    To add to that , we went to Sears and she bought me about $700+ in tools along with a new compressor ! Not to mention all the other places we go that she pays for the things like sand paper and items like that for the restoration process .
    She goes to car shows , NSRA show and The Jalopy Showdown show with me and helps me getting parts for our cars that we are rebuilding ! She also pays for most of the goodies we buy at the shows too !
    When we are out driving around , she keeps an eye out behind barns , garages and hedge rows for old cars that are just sitting there . I have also gotten some good buys on tools and parts at yard sales she passes as she drives to work and then calls me at home to tell me how to get to them .
    Best car wife a man could ask for and loves cars ! We have been married for 25+ years on top of that !!!
    What else can I say !
    I have to be the Luckiest Man in the world !!!!!!!

7. 57 shaker

57 shaker
    from phx.az

I also have a great wife,#3 we've been married for 5 years and she loves cars also.I used to say some day I'm gonna build a shop out back so I can get off that cardboard box I'm always laying on.Since I've been with her she had a new 30'x30' steel shop built out back where I always planned.She bought me an 11,000 lb.lift,a Ammco brake lathe,and just about anything I tell her I need.She loves my cars and when we cruise she sits right up next to me.She loves Hot Rods.Last weekend she came home from her mothers and said something caught her eye at a yard sale and she brought it home,it was a chrome 400 turbo trans pan :).She's always out in the shop mopping the floor or just wanting to help.She is AAAAwwwsome;)

8. Stink63

Stink63
    from coumbus,Oh

:(i guess its nice to have a 12" crank also.

9. skwurl

skwurl

All my wife does is drag home car after car for me to work on. Like last night I spent half the evening finishing up the dash in my model a. The whole time all I could think about was the one she just got for us. I mean gosh Its gettin hard on me having a wife that keeps dragging all this cool stuff home.

10. BettyRumble

BettyRumble
    from Tennessee

Golly dang, you make it sound like it's "such a drag."

11. Pothole 31A

Pothole 31A

My girlfriend 2 years loves that i work on cars. She says that as long as i stay in the garage and away from other girls she will let me do whatever i want. SOOOOO as long as i keep getting projects to look at i have no reason to get another girl hahaha and she buys me parts all the time too!!!

Maybe thats the key if they buy you parts keep em haha :D

12. JamesG

JamesG

I have a great one myself. 10 years this January and still putting up with my obsessive compulsive disorder that probably most on here have and do not realize.

Now don't get me wrong, it has cause some tension in the past when I have my heart set on some old car sitting in a field some where but the baby needs a new bed, diapers and for some odd reason a new purse..........

But hey, you have to keep your priorities straight and these wonderful women that we talk of are the ones that keep us in line.

Thank you babe in case you read this!

13. aldixie

aldixie

I have a great wife too. She looks after the finances and most of the time I can get the part I need if the budget is available, if its a saftey item then I can buy at anytime. She has bought me a couple of nice tool boxes from Sears. She leaves me along in the garage and likes my hobbie as it keeps me out of trouble.

14. I always laugh and tell my wife that she is "our" worst enemy. When most wives are saying..."you have enough projects!"...or..."we can't afford it", mine is going..."you should get that".

Due to her indulgence or my OCD, (and yes, am fully aware of it), there is some great iron out in the shop. And we have a great time with the Hot Rods and our like minded friends.

Thank you Laura, my love and wife of 23 years.

Johnnie.

15. iracer

iracer

I have a great wife as well. I am in between jobs so I have been spending as much time in the garage as I am doing the honey do list. I have been selling alot of stuff on ebay to support my 29 build in this time of unemployment. She is totally cool with it. Just recently she gave me a portion of her mad money stash to wheel and deal on a new but used Mig welder and Plasma Cutter. Now to get me out of the house she is telling me to go to auctions to look for more tools. She is so awesome.

16. yellow wagon

yellow wagon
    from WI

I too want to say thanks to my wife...she puts up with my sh1t, buys me car parts for my birthday and christmas and supports everything I do. She's the best!

17. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Mine keeps insisting on buying old tin just so it doesnt get crushed and then gets the kids to buy me tools for birthdays and xmas.
    Had a 1500 sq.ft. shop built for me now wants to heat it.
    Why do i stay with her???

18. Jeff J

Jeff J

Amen, She does the same thing looking for other cars and stuff behind houses and barns. But I need to draw the line , now she took my car spitt doing her car, not fare! She's the greatest!:rolleyes:

19. GoManGo1951

GoManGo1951

Mine digs right in when needed!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. My wife encourages me all the time. When I first met her she didn't know a thing about cars. Now, forgetaboutit. She'd push me out the door to go hang out with the guys one night a week.
    She also wrote a column in each issue giving wives and husbands tips on how to become one in the hobby. It was always one of the first things the guys would read we were told many times.
    Yeah, I've got a great wife for sure and two great children to boot.

21. 47bob

47bob

I'd like tho thank my wife for leaving 9 years ago.

22. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

Mine thanks me for building her '50 Burb! We have fun with cars together, whether its shows, wrenching, any of it.

I'd like to thank mine for all her assistance throughout my brain tumor ordeal, including dealing directly with the hospital after they "lost" the lab reports for 5 weeks. And of course, being with me for yesterday's back surgery.
    Its not easy being a focused pit-bull towards the administration after weeks of sleepless stressed nights and the fear of the unknown.

She's the best!

23. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

just wanna say how much i apriciate my wife and her being understanging about my hobbie of building cars,even though i spend alot of hours at my shop away from her and the kids, she still understands my dream and visions of my cars, she puts up with alot,and supports my decisions on what i wanna build and i imagine im not the only one out there that has a understanding wife so this is just a post to say thanks not only to my wife but to all the wifes and girl freinds that has a gearhead for a significant other and that with out you gals building these cars would be tough

SURELY YOU JEST! IF I MY WIFE THIS CRAP, THE FIRST THING SHE WOULD WANT TO KNOW IS "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU BUY NOW?!"

NO, REALLY, MOST OF US LUCKY ENOUGH TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS HAVE WONDERFUL BRIDES! MINE DOESN'T ALWAYS UNDERSTAND IT, SOMETIMES DOESN'T LIKE IT, BUT ALWAYS SUPPORTS IT! MY HAT'S OFF TO ALL THESE WONDERFUL WOMEN
    <!-- / message -->

24. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

My wife is really supportive of my hobbies. Not only do I play around with my hot rods I also restore vintage (1864-1950's) sewing machines, and she never complains. I always return the favor by going with her to the flea markets, crafts fairs and antique shops.

I have learned that if you show an interest in your wifes hobbies and participate in them with her she will do the same for you.

25. Great thread!
    I know I got one of the good ones too! She puts up with me which is a lot. When we met All I had was a couple grocery bags of clothes and a 1961 bug convertible, I was living with my brother and she told me I could keep my VW in her garage....TRUE LOVE RIGHT THERE FELLA'S. We finally married and built a huge house in the country and she let me build a huge shop (1500 Sq Ft.) and fill it with all kinds of crap:eek: I spend almost every day off in it. Lots of love to the ladies out there who support the hot rod guys in there lives. We love you for putting up with us!!:D
    [​IMG]

26. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I know my wife loves me she puts up with my sh#@ all the time .I bring junk home and most the time it turns into a family outing to go get the crap.I love my wife .My 2 cents

27. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I've been with my wife 19 years, 16 of it married.
    She is my best friend. I don't tell her how much she means to me often enough.
    We do everything together. She's with me 95% of the time. She loves the cars, the shows, cruising on a nice day.

She's spent countless hours working on our cars. She has torn out so many headliners it's funny.

She stripped an entire 53 Suburban all by herself.

And gave me two beautiful kids.

I don't know where I'd be without her.

Attached Files:

28. My wife thinks the inside of my 36 ford smells.

29. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

"I'd like tho thank my wife for leaving 9 years ago." that' s funny.

47Bob you need one of these GREAT wives to find you the right kind of wife, maybe one has a sister.

30. Bash'n'Weld

Bash'n'Weld

Amen to that, they sure can be understanding of our obsession with the garage.

One time tho, she did ask me why I spent sooooo much time in the garage, I replied with "would you like me to spend time and money down at the pub instead?" I know I could have been a bit more diplomatic with my answer, but at least she knows where I am every night.:D