Register now to get rid of these ads!

OT-Schwinn StingRays

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JamesG, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't remember, but I put Sears Gremlin into Google and found it...

Mine was exactly like Like this one with a taller sissybar...
    http://www.nemusclebikes.com/gremlin.jpg

This one has the right sissy bar... and the original front tire holding air :)

Attached Files:

2. slammed

slammed

Guy next door bought one of these Gremlin's for $40.00 last year at a garage sale. It's near mint. He spent one day w/Mother's cleaner wax and mag wheel polish on it.

3. BiggMike

BiggMike

OMFG My friend Tom Sanchez had one of these when I was a kid and I busted my twig and berries on it trying to jump one of the biggest dirt ramps we ever made.

Mike

4. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

These were all the rage when we were growing up.We used to have street races on these bikes.Most of them were for a block some a block and a half.I never had one but I would race my cousins bike for him sometimes,It was the orange one complete with headlight,shifter and back tire slick.:) I remember every now and then a kid from another neighborhood would come by and race with us.We even raced for (pinks).But we never really got to keep the bikes.It would be like you can use it for a week or so but it never lasted because someone's mom or dad would find out and then everyone was in trouble :0

5. Here's a pic of the ones that my wife and I ride around our neighborhood for exercise. Schwinn Spoiler and repop black Stingray. The other pic shows my Grey Ghost Krate and a Black Phantom hanging from the ceiling in the garage (plus my AMF pedal fire truck and a lot of other "junk").

Jim

Attached Files:

6. lowburban

lowburban

Awesome thread. So my first bike was a Evil Kneivel on with the plastic gas tank in about 1976. Anybody got one or remember them. I sure would like to have another.

7. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

I had a Screamer 1 when i was growing up, got it for Christmas in 73 or 74, it was the coolest bike I have ever rode. A few years later I traded my Schwinn Convertible for two more of them one with a chopped out front end and converted to a single speed. Ahhh the memories, Thanks a lot guys:D

8. donzzilla

donzzilla

Here's a couple of mine.

1930 Schwinn Excelsior. Instead of restoring it. I painted it with some fleckstone from the craft store and hung it on the living room wall. It use to be gray and in our kitchen in the old house.

[​IMG]

The red one is a phantom "Cemoto Bike" I made it look like a Bultaco bike when the Bultaco's were the mark for Mid Ohio. It is made out of a Yamaha Moto Bike. The plate is signed by the late Jim Pomeroy and the founder of Bultaco's son Oriole. The blue on is one of the Wal Mart's repro Schwinn crates. I couldn't help it. It was around 50 bux this time last year.

[​IMG]

This is my 16" Evel Knievel bike with training wheels.

[​IMG]

This is my 20" EK bike. It was sighned to me by him in the Harle Cafe in NY when he re released his videos in '97. There is a NOS EK 10 speed frame up there along with some bike seats. Ther eis also an Evel BMX course in the box. There's a ton of other Evel stuff in the case below the bikes.

[​IMG]

It's not exactly a bike, but it's close. It's an Evel Knievel trike.

[​IMG]

Last but not least. My Yamaha Moto Bike in original as ridden condition with a Yamaha accessory helmet.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

That evel knievel bike is pretty cool.

10. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

My Pea Picker

Attached Files:

• PP01.jpg
      PP01.jpg
      File size:
      112.6 KB
      Views:
    • PP02.jpg
      PP02.jpg
      File size:
      106.4 KB
      Views:
    • PP05.jpg
      PP05.jpg
      File size:
      104.2 KB
      Views:
  11. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Reminds of one that was called the green dragon.

12. Are Schwinn Convertibles desireable? I got one, but I kinda would rather have something else...

Found some pictures of the Convertible (L) and the Columbia (R) from about 5 years ago, when I was still trying to work out of a 1 car garage...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  13. 46binder

46binder
    from Kenosha,Wi

My kids riding my Schwinn Phantom Scrambler.

14. tommy v

tommy v

heres my 65 3 sp deluxe--[​IMG]

15. tommy v

tommy v

my 56 green phantom--[​IMG]

16. tommy v

tommy v

my 77 mongoose--[​IMG]

17. tommy v

tommy v

my home made job--[​IMG]

18. SS350Sport

SS350Sport
    from Utah

I picked up this 70 Fastback a few months ago for $25. It had a nice patina on it and I debated if I should leave it that way or clean it up. As you can see I cleaned it up and it turned out sweet. The only non original parts are the seat, tires, rear brake cable & clamps on the bottom of the seat support bar.

[​IMG]

19. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Ya want some Stingrays, check this guy out. He has a ton of them.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/bik/956855534.html

We have a lot of old Schwinn Bicycles; Orange and Apple Krate, Cotton Picker, Grey Ghost, Pea Picker, Lemon Peeler, Stingray, Fastback, Corvette, Phantom.
    Blue Moon Bikes Sycamore Il 60178 -------------- 815-899-3100

<TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

20. SpikedBeetle

SpikedBeetle
    from Utah

I made a krate inspired swingbike too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It's amazing how many people I recognize from other sites. RatRodBikes.com being the main one.

21. c57heaven

c57heaven

that swing bike is crazy cool. never saw one before.
    Is it ridable for any great distance? If it is, does it take any great skill? Just when you thought you saw everything....

22. They are suprisingly easy to ride
    that being said the ones i have ridden had tensioning springs along the frame to the rear headset

23. leocad

leocad
    from LA, CA

here are a few of my bikes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. SpikedBeetle

SpikedBeetle
    from Utah

I actually went a couple of miles no handed once. They aren't too difficult. It is actually a lot easier to wheelie than my Krate.

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_insight?v=R5P70XtI4zQ

25. i had a stingray, got it for xmas. the old man came home from work,i has it all torn apart, he was mad!!!

26. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Love the orange crate!

27. 31hotrodsedan man

31hotrodsedan man

This thing is way too awesome:eek:!!!!

28. 41Plymouth4dr

41Plymouth4dr
    from Tioga, PA

I had a Stringray LIKE bike & put extended forks on it with a high sissybar big tire in the rear, small one on the front. We'd be outside playing around the whole neighborhood till it would start getting dark & mom would turn the outside light on, then it was time to get home,Fri & Sat nights we could stay out longer.
    Now kids are taken everywhere,dropped off where there is supervision, & picked back up & probably spent their time inside playing video games.

29. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

this is what im working on this winter. its a 1964? schwinn hollywood ( o yea, girls bike!). i'm going to paint it back to blue and put a few goodies on it
    [​IMG]

30. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

I know I've posted these before.:rolleyes: These are mine from the Orlando Rumblers show.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.